Team Canada

On 1/13/2024 at 12:57 PM, Faithyu said:

Guess no miracle for him... Even with a super clean free program, 20 points to first place is too much difference.

Hope the fans cheer him on loudly.

Place 6 for him. 

"But yeah, it's definitely getting better.”  :2thumbsup:

Here his FS

And exhibition performance

On 1/15/2024 at 9:30 PM, Anni said:

Place 6 for him. 

"But yeah, it's definitely getting better.”  :2thumbsup:

Here his FS

His free is beautiful. So much potential.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:30 PM, Anni said:

And exhibition performance

It's so sad to see that the arena is nearly empty for a gala, but the people that were there, did a great job with cheering for him.:cheer:

On 1/15/2024 at 9:31 PM, Anni said:

Roman will take part a the Four Continents Championships 2024 (Jan 30 - Feb 04, 2024)

http://results.isu.org/events/fc2024_Men.htm

Good luck :fingerscrossed:

These are great news😃! I kind of expected his season would be over after his placement at nationals. Hope he will have a great skate there🙏💪.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot to say about the outcome of the doping case against Valieva but I'm going to limit it to this:

Someone at ISU can't do basic math.

They invalidated Valieva's results and took her points away, then recalc'd the team results, putting Russia in bronze.

This is incorrect. The results for each team women's event should be re-tabulated first, with every skater behind Valieva moving up a spot. That would give Maddie two more points and moved Canada to 55 points total and the bronze medal position.

I'm not even going to mention the fact that the RusFed team as a whole didn't get disqualified on principle. ISU couldn't have screamed more loudly that they're still in Russia's pocket if they tried.

So, Roman had a clean/not clean short at 4 Continents... Would like to know if it was intentionally, like, "let's downgrate if your not sure instead of risking a fall". Anyway, he left a lot of points. Hoping for a well going free skate tomorrow and him getting into the top ten🙏💪💜.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:42 PM, Faithyu said:

So, Roman had a clean/not clean short at 4 Continents... Would like to know if it was intentionally, like, "let's downgrate if your not sure instead of risking a fall". Anyway, he left a lot of points. Hoping for a well going free skate tomorrow and him getting into the top ten🙏💪💜.

Roman finished in 10th place. Here is his interview 

He looks satisfied on the photo, when you consider he was injured.

Post from Skate Canada IG account

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C26bhHuLDwr/?igsh=eHlsMXZ5b2s5MDdz

15 hours ago, Anni said:

Roman finished in 10th place. Here is his interview 

He looks satisfied on the photo, when you consider he was injured.

Post from Skate Canada IG account

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C26bhHuLDwr/?igsh=eHlsMXZ5b2s5MDdz

I really hope he keeps his programs and polishes them for next season. 

The opening of his free is so nice, with not the typical 4-something but a sequence.

44 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Am I the only one surprised by this?:eek:. I want more.

and yes, I noticed instruments in the background of some of his videos but did not expect something like this.

:2thumbsup: I saw his post on Instagram and was just about to post it. He has other talents besides his skating, photography. I am positively surprised!!:heartpound:

Here is his other account with photographs

https://www.instagram.com/romsky_productions?igsh=MWMwaG9tc3drb3hhZg==

Kirsten Moore-Towers spoke with CBC's Devon Heroux about the ISU's decision re: not awarding Canada the bronze. They speak extremely frankly about what the ISU's decision does to the sport:

Perhaps coincidentally, I noticed that the ISU had Kurt Browning host their skating awards thing, gave Brian Orser a very much deserved and long long overdue  lifetime achievement award, and also gave Deanna Stellato-Dudek a special achievement award. The timing may be coincidental but it sort of looks like they're trying to shut the Canadians up about the team event decision. If true, all I can say is, why can't ISU Figure conduct themselves like a real, proper, grown-up adult organization, instead of like a corrupt high school clique? What makes them think giving Brian and Deanna their rightful due will make the team event diss go away?

On 2/15/2024 at 4:22 PM, Anni said:

New IG post from Roman

snapinsta?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGci

"Honoured and excited to represent Canada🇨🇦 at the World Championships in Montreal! See you there!! ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3XuqbrOmxs/?igsh=MW9lZWFlenc2d2x0eQ==

I wish Roman Good luck:fingerscrossed:

I just saw his post. Did not expect it and am incredibly happy. Hope he will have a great end of his season at worlds.

• 3 weeks later...