Proposed changes for next season

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Tbh @hoodie axel I would not be surprised if candies still end up flying easily. Looking at those, considering how they're currently judging, we'll be getting +4s with no issues for ahem. Some people. And yeah, maybe the +5 will be rare indeed but ehhh.

I was being sarcastic. We already know who will be getting +4s without deserving to. Weak landing is -1 to -3. Loss of flow and long preparation are -2 to -3.  Nothing on excessive PR, or how to measure where the jump takes off. There IS "poor take-off" which was never defined to begin with. 

@Kattlol it was sarcasm due to resignation guys.

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

EDIT: Just noticed! No more tanos being rewarded?! Nonsense. No delay in rotation being rewarded either.

Tanos and rippons go into the body position bullet. 

It's just ... stupidly vague.

*bangs head* I'm sorry guys, if you don't see me joining in on FaOI fun, it's because I can't bring myself to get over this (due to a mixture of sadness and insanity). 

But GOEs...oh gods. I always thought that most guys when they go for quads automatically get the jump height and distance checked, because everyone automatically assumes "if quad --> good height and distance" since those are considered necessary to achieve a quad jump. I think unless the skater does something awful, bullet point 2 will likely be given. This is the trend even in today's IJS rules. Bullet 3 will be interesting, but I see that may be awarded often enough. I don't see a point for adding steps since that messes with bullet point 3, and bullet point 5 and 6 are rewarded enough as is. 

Honestly, the gap between quads and triples just got bigger, and with BV reduction for 3A, I don't see how even 3A short of in combo, could catch up easily with a quad jump anymore. Sorry. T_T

Wait,  choreo sequence has higher BV with 3.0 and max GOE is 2.5 higher than stsq4, and the only element when GOE factor is not base on base value. And with the cut +30sec for men, watch a chsq with several crossover and a SE might worth almost the same with stsq4 :facepalm:

Just now, hoodie axel said:

So... I'm just going to be watching 4 men, 1 woman, and S/H next season. What about you guys?

Oh next season will be interesting alright...I haven't had to say "I don't care what medal X gets, but I love X's skating anyways" for a long long while. Small fed skaters will have their work cut out. 

2 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Hmmm. Abt height and length of jumps... It'll be hard to Satoko, some Korean girls and I think.... Shoma?

Mb Zhenya bcs her jumps not so big...

Do you really, seriously think someone will ding Shoma for the height of his jumps? Or Zhenya? Not happening. Satoko has been getting decent GOEs so I think she'll also be fine. The issue will be with the small feds/up and coming athletes, the rest I really think we'll still be getting the same old candy shower.

Just now, hoodie axel said:

If we're talking about "very good" height and distance, then Chen's is still just "OK" or "good". As are Zhou's. Which, BTW, I think he tries to delay his jumps, so... Well done USFSA?

Dude, Tao bao, Baidu, where the heck are you guys? We need to balance this NBC purchase power.....

3 минуты назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Do you really, seriously think someone will ding Shoma for the height of his jumps? Or Zhenya? Not happening. Satoko has been getting decent GOEs so I think she'll also be fine. The issue will be with the small feds/up and coming athletes, the rest I really think we'll still be getting the same old candy shower.

Ok I'm usual FS fan and I have eyes obviously better than all ISU judges bcs I saw all these skaters jumps live and it's really kind of small. Ok whatever. I canceled ISU and ISU's judges...

Sorry not sorry...

2 man, 1 woman, 1 pair. It's this simple for me xD