Music talk

If he was going to skate to a warhorse, I'd love to see him skate to Swan Lake. There's over 2 hours of music from the whole ballet, he could definitely choose unique cuts of music from it. I think he could skate to the main theme that everyone knows and really make it his own too.

I really have no clue what Yuzu has in mind for OG, so I can only say that I think smth classical or dramatical would suit him well. I don't want him to go for overly overused music but smth that people are familiar with would be nice cuz it's interesting to see how some famous music makes audience to support the sportsman even if you see him for the first time.

But anyway I trust Yuzu to choose what he thinks is best for him. I just wish that that music will give him mental strength and power and will guide him like H&L did.

For now my only wish is a dance number for EX - cuz it's always nice to see when he dances during group numbers and can't stand still))

All this music talk makes me appreciate Nanami's choices for his 2011-2012 season even more. Dramatic crowd pleasers but not conventional ones to get him that PCS. I don't think anyone skated to Etude or Craig Armstrong's R&J before Yuzu.

My dream music for his FS is actually the Gladiator OST, specifically including cuts from the latter part of [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmIELyNGrU&t=233s]this orchestral suite version[/link]. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one :pbow: :pbow: :pbow: If only it were not so strongly associated with Yagudin. Not sure if it's the best idea to set yourself up for a direct comparison with Yagudin even if you are Yuzuru Hanyu.

LadyLou said:

Well, that was the year of Lambiel's Four season, no surprise young Yuzu skated to that music. And he managed to pull it off quite well :acceptable:

Honestly I am glad he won't (likely) skate to that music, it has been already used quite a lot by top male skaters in the past olympics

I'd prefer something a little more unique.

I'm sure there will be something unique from him again, but I don't mind overusing when it comes to timeless classics, as I believe it provides endless possibilities to a talented skater with a really good choreographer on his team. Yuzuru is not just talented, he's one of a kind. He can choose any well-known piece and skate a program that no one will be able forget. Same goes with any other music though :)

At this point, I'm a broken record, bear with me. :grin: Yuzuru already portrayed two famous Shakespearean characters (both Romeo and Juliet), it's time to move onto a new one and come back full circle to his breakout senior program R+J1. :yes: Yuzuru, if you're reading this, Hamlet? Henry V? Not super overdone to be a warhorse, but well known enough (well, at least Henry V is) Here's the most iconic performance to Henry V:

Paul Wylie created his Olympic moment using this gloriously uplifting and dramatic music with his stunning moves in the field and style/line. Surely Yuzuru's up to the challenge. He could even go blinged out soldier royalty for the costume. :goe:

I'll die if Yuzu skates to One-Winged Angel, even though only in an ice show or exhibition :love:

Fans have been clamoring for this for such a long time... How is the staus of this song in Japan? Do you need to be a video game fan, or would an average person know it too? I wonder if Yuzuru knows it. If he's heard it, he must have thought of skating to it, right?

It's no doubt famous in final fantasy fandom/gamer communities but I have no idea whether average people know about it or not, Yuzu likes video games so he probably heard it already but if he doesn't like it then he won't skate to it ^^;

If he was going to skate to a warhorse, I'd love to see him skate to Swan Lake. There's over 2 hours of music from the whole ballet, he could definitely choose unique cuts of music from it. I think he could skate to the main theme that everyone knows and really make it his own too.

Especially with his obsession and identification with swan programs... I wouldn't oppose to it too. :embSwan:

of course he will have to skate as the swan, not the prince... i think he can totally show case his angelic

elegant side and seductive crazy side

and you bet he and his tailor can come with some epic costume that combines the black and the white swan and all the sparkles and feathers

Yuzu skating on Swan Lake has the potential to became something epic. Like R&L1. When I here that music I always think of Yuzuru. He has the artistic skills to pull of a program of that complexity. He has the elegance and the beauty needed to be a white swan and the power and dramatism to transform himself in a black swan! Yes! It could be epic! And the fact that he is the master of amazing music cuts helps a lot! :love: :pbow:

[link=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL9w9U7tcFYGr7jG3tpdwOaMKj-O6xKuh]I think he liked Grande Polonaise too?[/link]

(assuming of course, that the account is legit, which it looks, and that's really him)

Yes. :)

I still wonder whether it is his channel or just someone uses his name.

It looks suspiciously like him haha

it would be so hilarious if it was omg....

Yuzu skating on Swan Lake has the potential to became something epic. Like R&L1. When I here that music I always think of Yuzuru. He has the artistic skills to pull of a program of that complexity. He has the elegance and the beauty needed to be a white swan and the power and dramatism to transform himself in a black swan! Yes! It could be epic! And the fact that he is the master of amazing music cuts helps a lot! :love: :pbow:

i'd love to see yuzu skate as the black swan :love:

i love love love the white swan of notte stellata, but it's time to be DRAMATIC!!! and let all that hot blooded intensity shine thru as the black swan LOL

Petition to make this happen oh god it would be amazing

i'd love to see yuzu skate as the black swan :love:

i love love love the white swan of notte stellata, but it's time to be DRAMATIC!!! and let all that hot blooded intensity shine thru as the black swan LOL

Can you imagine his black swan costume! :love: :love: :love:

Can you imagine his black swan costume! :love: :love: :love:

and then the costume would be blackish with silver and dark purple highlights

and silver bling sparkles

and shimmery feathers (some are midnight blue, some dark purple, some black)

lol one can hope...

So... basically this? :space:

20547_original.jpg

Source: http://www.jiji.com

Yuzu is keen to jump out of his comfort zone so it's likely his new routines will contrast and complement to present his true colour as a skater. My guess is rock for short and classical for long.

He used to keep the short for two seasons (with phenomenal results) so I won't be too surprised if the same goes for LGC.

If he chooses another rock song, it can only be Michael Jackson, after Prince:D

For the long, he's done RJ twice and come to a full circle with Seimei so he's more likely to opt for sth new. It could be traditional Japanese music or a modern classical piece with Japanese flavour, like HL. It'd be cool if he gets one tailor-made for him.

P.S. I like Phantom a lot so a comeback to the Ex is mostly welcome.

I keep having this image of him first come on as the elegant white swan :embSwan: and then pull a DRAMATIC FAST COSTUME CHANGE that we previously joked about for the :goe: that the judges refuse to give him, in the middle of the program, and turn into a black swan to do some fiece step sequences and jumps in the second half haha :devil:

Hmm.. As much as I'd love to see a black swan too, idk how much effect it'll have on the audience and judges tbh

I'm trying to visualise a black swan costume with any combination of (sparkles, ruffles, feathers) on black fabric and I'm not particularly into any of them :cry: There's high chance it could be either too much, or not enough, especially if it's all black..