Team Japan

18 hours ago, Xen said:

...well he's not fully ready is he? How long ago was it that he fully healed, and how much real practice time has he had?  If he's had as short a time as we thought, then it's pretty amazing he can jump....

I was reading he broke/fractured(?) his ankle in March this year ): So not much time to heal at all. I'm so, so sad for him... it was his dream to go to the Olympics with Yuzu and now it's looking like he's going to need much more time

Sota Yamamoto’s interview from Figure Skating Team Japan Memorial 2017:

I strongly think “I want to skate!” from my heart

https://yukirin1408.tumblr.com/post/165884468408/i-strongly-think-i-want-to-skate-from-my-heart

–What are your feelings towards skating now?
S: I super like skating, so my feelings are happy when I skate. However, like I just said, there are still ups and downs in how I feel depending on the day, so I look at my condition and then decide on my method of practice. I don’t think my coach or family know what’s right either, so I want to determine [what’s right] myself and do my best.

12 hours ago, kaerb said:

I was reading he broke/fractured(?) his ankle in March this year ): So not much time to heal at all. I'm so, so sad for him... it was his dream to go to the Olympics with Yuzu and now it's looking like he's going to need much more time

So Yuzu, be a nice senpai, stick until 2022...? :slinkaway:

It is good to see Sota back on ice at all, even with only singles. Hopefully he will really get back to full health and come back, no matter how long it takes. All the best Sota!!

Sota seems to have finished his FS doing only single jumps, as he did in SP. However, many fans on twitter say that his performance was expressive and beautiful.

He skated in Chubu block championships, a regional competition as @kaeryth

said in an earlier post. All the 4 skaters skated here are qualified for Nishi-Nihon (Western Japan) Championships, a qualifying event for Nationals, so Sota must have participated in this event in order to secure the chance to skate at Nationals even if he had to avoid things that would worsen his condition.

Last year, a skater participated in Tokyo block without doing any jumps after coming back from injury, and later participated in Nationals doing triple jumps and double jumps. I think Sota is trying to come back, carefully doing what he can do now. I’m wishing all the best for him too!

Thanks everyone for providing so much information!

It's different topic and i would like to know what you think of team event of Olympics.  I have mixed feelings. Japan successfully got entitled to participate in team event.  Now i confirmed the schedule and found out it's before individual event. In Sochi, many skaters became sacrifice of team event such as Yulia, but ISF has changed nothing... sigh. 

Yuzu is expected to have SP.  I feel it is quite a strain for  yuzu to adjust his peeking to both team and individual events... At the same time, it is the good news that yuzu already has experienced the team event before the individual one at Sochi and may take advantage of it, like getting used to an actual atmosphere of the arena..

Guest turquoiseblue

2017 Chubu Regionals Men Final Result

1. Ryuju Hino                    195.85
  2. Takayuki Yamamoto  161.80
  3. Kotaro Takeuchi          157.06
  4. Sota Yamamoto          109.06

Results & Protocols

fb6ThY4.jpg

e7UhgeN.jpg

2017 Chubu Regionals Ladies Top 5 Results

Senior Ladies

1. Yura Matsuda  188.09