3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh dear! Brace yourself.

It's little balls of potatoes and flour (the less flour, the softer and more potatoy the balls) with which you can use any kind of sauce. 

Gnocchi-with-Roasted-Pumpkin-Spinach-3.j

A classic is butter, sage and parmesan. It's a delicate and addictive taste.

Gnocchi-With-Pomodoro-Sauce-foodiecrush.

A typical roman dish is 'gnocchi alla sorrentina', which uses tomato sauce and mozzarella. You know us Italians, we put tomato and mozzarella on carbs and we're happy. 

gnocchi-1-4.jpg

These last ones are with pesto. Cheesy and aromatic. To die for. 

Okay, sorry if now everybody is hungry. I had to spam gnocchi for the sake of humanity. 

I have been trying very hard not to eat the gnocchi in the fridge. It's my favourite but my blood sugar levels are precious to me. Then you come in here with these evil photos and ruin everything.-_- 

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I have been trying very hard not to eat the gnocchi in the fridge. It's my favourite but my blood sugar levels are precious to me. Then you come in here with these evil photos and ruin everything.-_- 

I've been praying my father to make gnocchi for weeks, because we've made like 2 kgs of pesto and I want pesto gnocchi. Then I got sick so I've been avoiding carbs and heavy foods for a couple of days now. 

Nothing better than a huge plate of gnocchi. Especially sweet potato gnocchi. 

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13432160_470927189783847_7930450267570131295_n.jpg?oh=8b10d093678029302346c8af90c5bbb0&oe=5A48E705

These are ones I made some months ago. Cheeesyyy buttery gnocchi. 

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Oooh they are so cute. And I absolutely love stuffed pasta in general. Each country has its own version, so really it's weird that any cooking fan would have trouble making this! xD In Asia they have dumplings, in Turkey they have the smallest tortellini-like filled pasta I have ever seen, in Italy they have lots of different shapes cause we love them carbs... also, I think I've seen these when I had a stopover in a Moscow airport for 9 hours, but I didn't remember their name. These, I'd love to try, together with blini and Russian desserts. I'm always making sure to load up on borsht every time winter comes around. 

I want all of this, I'm drooling!

Just now, Murieleirum said:

I've been praying my father to make gnocchi for weeks, because we've made like 2 kgs of pesto and I want pesto gnocchi. Then I got sick so I've been avoiding carbs and heavy foods for a couple of days now. 

Nothing better than a huge plate of gnocchi. Especially sweet potato gnocchi. 

13432160_470927189783847_793045026757013

These are ones I made some months ago. Cheeesyyy buttery gnocchi. 

Praise the gods for not letting me see that photo!

Pasta pasta pasta. Gnocchi aside, I can't even eat it anymore because my body hates delicious food but I can still taste the agnolotti I had in Italy when I was a toddler. That's about the only memory I have of Italy because it was just that good. I envy deeply your easy access to delicious cheesy carbs. 

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Praise the gods for not letting me see that photo!

Pasta pasta pasta. Gnocchi aside, I can't even eat it anymore because my body hates delicious food but I can still taste the agnolotti I had in Italy when I was a toddler. That's about the only memory I have of Italy because it was just that good. I envy deeply your easy access to delicious cheesy carbs. 

cKuThLC.jpg

Sorry, fixed it :biggrin:

Oh believe me, you don't really envy me. When you can eat pasta every day, lunch and dinner, when your father cooks desserts twice a week and fries everything on a daily basis and you're somehow trying to control your caloric intake... :laughing:

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

cKuThLC.jpg

Sorry, fixed it :biggrin:

Oh believe me, you don't really envy me. When you can eat pasta every day, lunch and dinner, when your father cooks desserts twice a week and fries everything on a daily basis and you're somehow trying to control your caloric intake... :laughing:

:13877886::003::003::volcano::volcano::volcano::13877886::animated-smileys-halloween-012:

(I do wonder why Italy isn't the obesity capital of the world with all that everything everwhere. Still envy.)

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

I think I'd better acquire a taste for a stressbuster that involves moving my ass, like running or something. I see my caloric intake shooting sky high with this thread!

Just eat food that you can hold while you run. Then you can eat whatever and as much as you like. That's just science.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Just eat food that you can hold while you run. Then you can eat whatever and as much as you like. That's just science.

I'll take it!

I'm suddenly craving these sweet steamed dumplings made from rice flour and filled with grated coconut and a sweetener...

Like these: (Not my image, from a recipe blog)

kozhukatta.jpg

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think I'd better acquire a taste for a stressbuster that involves moving my ass, like running or something. I see my caloric intake shooting sky high with this thread!

Does 'stressing out over Yuzu's first Olympic season competition' make you burn calories??? 

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

(I do wonder why Italy isn't the obesity capital of the world with all that everything everwhere. Still envy.)

I guess, at least our greasy carbs are all made with local, un-processed ingredients. So, people can get kinda fat, but not pathologically obese like in the USA. 

The situation gets critical the more South you go. In Sicily, you have the classical grandmother waking up at 5 am and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner nonstop until 8 pm. For breakfast, some frittata? NO! FRIED EGGPLANT MOZZARELLA SANDWICHES. 

melanzane-ripiene-fritte-alla-calabrese.

Still hungry darling? Don't worry, grandma's making three kilos of Lasagna, can you help here, mixing the besciamella? 

Just now, axelnojutsu said:

Yoga usually helps me relax too, does that count? :laughing:

Yoga totally counts. I get so tired after doing even just 10 minutes of it. Maybe it's not cardio, but it helped me a lot in terms of doing some physical activity on a weekly basis! (lazyass person here) 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Yoga totally counts. I get so tired after doing even just 10 minutes of it. Maybe it's not cardio, but it helped me a lot in terms of doing some physical activity on a weekly basis! (lazyass person here

#relatable

I like to combine my lazy TV series / movie time with some stretching and stuff so I don't feel too bad about it lol (god bless the netflix app on my TV)