On 8/26/2017 at 2:20 PM, kamotejojo said:

On 8/26/2017 at 2:46 PM, kaerb said:

ROUGHLY translating the third video:

Hosts: That was superb/amazing!

Yuzu: Even though I had a lot of hard times, it is really joyful to be able to make such a production with great people. I skated with that thought. 

Host: How was it, to see Hanyu-senshuu jump right in front of your eyes?

Sora: It has become a much harder layout than 3 years ago...

Yuzu: That's right...that's right

Hosts: He's giving critique like a professional!

Yuzu: I thought if I could skate like this in front of Sora, he would be able to have motivation to do the difficult things, and have a good image/example to use when he's facing practice (moving ahead with practice?). 

Host: Sora-kun, have you decided anything based on today's experiences? 

Sora: I want to become an athlete who will challenge difficult things like Hanyu-senshuu

Yuzu: If you rotate two more times, you can jump a quad. It's only two rotations!

10 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

It seems that Pino's YT uploads were blocked? The new ones (DM) are below:

Reveal hidden contents

21 hours ago, kaerb said:

Rough translations for the video Pt 1 (disclaimer: not word-for-word accurate, just need to SHARE THE FEELS IN ENGLISH, especially the fact Yuzu just refuses to make any excuses to himself T___T this is also why I'm speed-translating at like 11:30PM for this incredible human)

About Yuzu's asthma

• Because of his asthma (since the age of 2), Yuzu was often unable to sleep at night and could not go to kindergarten. Even now, he will sometimes be unable to practice because of it. However, Hanyu doesn't make excuses about his asthma. "It's hard, but for athletes who have asthma, it's probably normal. I don't really think that a performance is tough because of my asthma."
  • He takes extreme care by wearing a mask and taking medicine but even this year, 2 weeks before Worlds, he had an asthma attack. "It hurt and I couldn't breathe" (but then he still put out a perfect performance)

Sora segment:

• Ikeba Sora is a Junior skater. He came third in the Kanto (regional?) competitions. However, he also has asthma
  • ((JP TV reenacted his asthma attack at 4yrs old)). Because of his asthma, he could only participate once in his school's sports
  • But in Year 4 (3 yrs earlier), he started skating because Yuzu did an ice show in his hometown Shiba-ken (?) in 2014 and skated to Go Hiromi's song. Sora was moved by the performance, especially his high jumps and coolness.
  • Host: When you talk about Hanyu-senshuu, you looked so happy!
  • Sora's battle with asthma didn't end, despite starting skating. He often had to leave the rink because he couldn't breathe and his parents often thought it would be impossible for him to continue
  • So there's a present for Sora-kun. Host: 'There's a thing I'd like Sora to see today."
  • Yuzu: She said "the thing he's going to see today is here." (referring to himself LOL)

Their Skype chat

• Sora's like NODDING SILENTLY AND SPEECHLESS so cute and AWKWARD ; u ;
  • Yuzu: 'I surprised him! What should we do? You're nervous right?'
  • (translated before...basically says he likes Yuzu's 3A)
  • Discussing asthma:
  • Yuzu: Do you cough a lot? It's hard isn't it? I also have a lot of these experiences - I have it still. Everyone's experience is probably different but to you, it feels normal doesn't it? Therefore, there's no need to compare to other people. If you think to yourself it's normal, I think it's good if you do your best to conquer it. What are you working on right now?
  • Sora: Double toe loop. 
  • Host: One day, will it be possible to practice with Sora-kun?
  • Yuzu: Let's do it next time I come back home
  • Sora: Until then, I will do my best to jump the double toe loop
  • Yuzu: I look forward to it!

1 month later

• Yuzu and Sora greet each other at the rink
  • Yuzu: What do you want to practice? Hydroblading? I'll do it once, so watch me
    Narrator: Even though they were practising jumps, Sora's first request is Yuzu's trademark hydroblade. Caption on Sora: Hanyu-senshuu's big fan LOL
  • Host: He's not nervous at all and is immediately practising! It feels like they've formed a connection!
  • Yuzu: Okay, let's see your toe loop (Sora jumps and fails). Can you try to increase your speed? Okay, with that feeling, go 'GYUU' with all your strength. Ohhhh, you jumped it. You did it.
  • Sora (caption): The biggest smile

21 hours ago, kaerb said:

Pt II from 9:28 - basically, is Yuzu's life literally a movie wtf. Truly, I think Yuzu had a lot of 恩人 (Chinese word roughly meaning 'benefactors'...although that really doesn't encapsulate the almost mystical element of having 'great' people help him in his life or have significant impact on him) in his life, but the fact he's so grateful and giving in return makes it all worth it and easy to support everything he does T__T

After skating class

Host: You worked hard! How was Hanyu-senshuu's skating class? 

Sora: It was fun

Yuzu: It was fun? But it was strict wasn't it?

Host: It was pretty strict!

Yuzu: It was truly pretty severe. 

Sora: /nod

Yuzu (softest voice): Skating isn't really a scary thing - it was fun to skate wasn't it? So definitely don't forget that feeling of fun and it will be okay. You can do it after all. 

Yuzu: The speed skater Hiroyasu Shimizu also had asthma, but he got an Olympic gold medal (at Nagano) and fought the battle til the end. Seeing him, I felt encouraged. 

Shimizu segment (in which I cry really hard T___T)

Shimizu also had childhood asthma. 

Shimizu: I had to do practice like everyone else, but it was hard on my lungs.

Narrator: After retiring in 2010, he did a sports event at Miyagi ice rink in Sendai. After the event, he signed the sports bag of a young boy. 

Shimizu: He told me 'I also want to get a gold medal at the Olympics. But I have asthma.' That young boy was 15yr old Yuzuru. While passing back the autograph, Shimizu told him 'You'll be okay. You will have to practice hard to overcome the weakness in your lungs. But if you overcome that, you can become someone who can fight on the world stage.' He looked extremely happy and said 'I will (Yes)!'

Yuzuru held this message in his heart, worked extremely hard and became a gold medalist. So this time, he also wanted to send his voice to other children. 

Yuzu: If I have the chance to make someone's feelings stronger or give them courage through me, I think it's a good thing.

(performance with Go Hiromi: The Dream Ice Show)

End (already translated just then)

Hosts: That was superb/amazing!

Yuzu: Even though I had a lot of hard times, it is really joyful to be able to make such a production with great people. I skated with that thought. 

Host: How was it, to see Hanyu-senshuu jump right in front of your eyes?

Sora: It has become a much harder layout than 3 years ago...

Yuzu: That's right...that's right

Hosts: He's giving critique like a professional!

Yuzu: I thought if I could skate like this in front of Sora, he would be able to have motivation to do the difficult things, and have a good image/example to use when he's facing practice (moving ahead with practice?). 

Host: Sora-kun, have you decided anything based on today's experiences? 

Sora: I want to become an athlete who will challenge difficult things like Hanyu-senshuu

Yuzu: If you rotate two more times, you can jump a quad. It's only two rotations!

The text above the group photo says: I want to jump a quad! (doubles first!)

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Yukirin has posted a full translation of the 24HTV show in their tumblr