Other Sports

sallycinnamon

8 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm so sad :smiley-sad058: ... Simona couldn't win this match ... I have no words now ... :13877886::facepalm:

I'm sorry.:consoling2: I am sure she'll win a Grand Slam soon! She's a great player.

No one expected that an unseeded player would win this.  But Ostapenko started to hit all her points from the second set, all the unforced errors turned to winners all of a sudden. :eeking: She calmed down a bit and started to concentrate more, that was the turning point.

It was a great match though, I enjoyed it.

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

I'm sorry.:consoling2: I am sure she'll win a Grand Slam soon! She's a great player.

No one expected that an unseeded player would win this.  But Ostapenko started to hit all his points from the second set, all the unforced errors turned to winners all of a sudden. :eeking: She calmed down a bit and started to concentrate more, that was the turning point.

It was a great match though, I enjoyed it.

I can't belive how Ostapenko played from 3-0 for Simona in the second set. Everything was a go!!! And lots of lucky balls.... Anyway she played amazing, almost with no stress or pressure! I hope she will become a great player and not only a one slam wonder.

As for Simona, let's face it,  this is a heavy loss. I really hope she can put this behind her soon, because  the grass season is starting  and Wimbledon is near!!! Oh, this is heartbroken for me, I can't even imagine how it is for her! Heads up, Simona! Love you very much! :grouphug:

22 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I can't belive how Ostapenko played from 3-0 for Simona in the second set. Everything was a go!!! And lots of lucky balls.... Anyway she played amazing, almost with no stress or pressure! I hope she will become a great player and not only a one slam wonder.

As for Simona, let's face it,  this is a heavy loss. I really hope she can put this behind her soon, because  the grass season is starting  and Wimbledon is near!!! Oh, this is heartbroken for me, I can't even imagine how it is for her! Heads up, Simona! Love you very much! :grouphug:

Ostapenko is very young and talented, I'm sure she'll have a bright future and she is not a one-hit wonder. But the pressure was definitely on Simona so Jelena could played without less (or any) expectations yesterday. Simona played well but she couldn't do anything against the aggressive playing style of her opponent. She's a mentally strong player and I think she'll prepare herself well for Wimbledon too.

Now I'm watching the men's final and realised that Simon Reed is one of the commentators. :)