The Planet's BTS Fan Club

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Just saw this article. Apparently you can serve in the military by being a part of the band?

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2022/01/14/shinee-taemin-transferred-from-military-band-to-replenishment-station?fbclid=IwAR2D7bHQoxmN9Pehj2Y1ExKrosUuRbwz3W8frl9Cn_0NzEW8MtJBzIX3Uh4

This guy looks so different with and without makeup.

One of the youtube channels I watch theorizes that BTS is planning to serve individually because they all filed for extensions when most of the members aren't at the age they have to enlist yet. I suspect that BTS still doesn't know what they're doing and just filed extensions to give themselves more options, should they need it.

I think ( my guess) their plan is probably to keep delaying until they see if the tide will turn in their favour vis-a-vis exemptions. Don't forget there's an entire, 1000-employee-strong company whose financial fortunes rest on them. They're no more free to go do their service than they are free to not do their service, they have obligations both ways. 

39 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think their plan is probably to keep delaying until they see if the tide will turn in their favour vis-a-vis exemptions. Don't forget there's an entire, 1000-employee-strong company whose financial fortunes rest on them. They're no more free to go do their service than they are free to not do their service, they have obligations both ways. 

I bet that he's depressed.  What a difficult transition. It is just insanity for the Korean government to even risk the mental health of their #1 national asset.  And the members can continue as cultural ambassadors for the duration of what would be their time in military service.  As they were designated as special envoys in August, they are already about 6 months in to their official job, all while being the ambassadors for Seoul.

And all applying for extensions at the same time is just part of being BTS - they show that they want to do everything together.  There is no other reason for JK or Tae or Jimin to be needing an extension since they wouldn't be required to go in for another four years, under the current rules.

The webtoon is out!! The intro clip looks awesome! 

I read the free chapters. Still waiting for more before I have anything to say. 

This only pops up on Korean webtoon it seems. OST album pack?! I'm hoping for more subunit songs now and the JK x prod. SUGA OST is not even out yet lol

Hybe really went all out on this one. 

On Wattpad too. 1 free and 9 paid chapters so far. I don't know if there would be more, and whether it'd unlock one free chapter per week like Webtoon. 

And story film. Check the chanel for the Official story film, first reveal as well, it's 7 mins. 

Times Square is filled with BTS right now. What a sight!

I'm still trying to decide about this whole thing and wondering if Hybe is just license the BTS and TXT names to Webtoons (and the guys, individually, obviously benefitting financially) or if Webtoons ins an arm of Hybe.  For some reason that makes a difference to me....

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

The webtoon is out!! The intro clip looks awesome! 

I read the free chapters. Still waiting for more before I have anything to say. 

This only pops up on Korean webtoon it seems. OST album pack?! I'm hoping for more subunit songs now and the JK x prod. SUGA OST is not even out yet lol

Hybe really went all out on this one. 

On Wattpad too. 1 free and 9 paid chapters so far. I don't know if there would be more, and whether it'd unlock one free chapter per week like Webtoon. 

And story film. Check the chanel for the Official story film, first reveal as well, it's 7 mins. 

Times Square is filled with BTS right now. What a sight!

Looks like reddit ARMY is a fresh new species - "Permission to Billboard"? What an awesome idea! :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I love the music in the intro clip and I wonder if that's the SugaxJK OST. It definitely sounds like JK's voice.

The intro clip made me smile! It waa giving me flashbacks to.my childhood watching Battle of the Planets. :D.

3 minutes ago, barbara said:

I'm still trying to decide about this whole thing and wondering if Hybe is just license the BTS and TXT names to Webtoons (and the guys, individually, obviously benefitting financially) or if Webtoons ins an arm of Hybe.  For some reason that makes a difference to me....

As far as I know, Webtoon is a separate company. And I doubt the guys would do this for free, they're bound to be getting something. Probably royalties at least. 

2 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

I'll probably read it on Wattpad then, I alresdy have an account there.

Edit:

Wattpad is text only. No pictures. Still good though

1 hour ago, barbara said:

Webtoon belongs to Naver, a different mega tech company. They had another project together before, Save Me, which I read when it first came out, years before I got into BTS. It was a part of BU so it was a super confusing read for me and I didn't care enough to delve into he whole BU to try and make sense of it all lol

Like any other collabs, it must be a beneficial business deal for both parties so I'm sure the guys got their worth from this. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Wattpad is text only. No pictures. Still good though

Ah yeah there are a comic version on webtoons and novel version on wattpad. It's nice to read both cuz the comic provides great visuals while the novel is a bit more detailed. 

There are some new photos of the members as their characters in the wattpad chapters though. 

Purple hoodie with "seven with you", "you" "never walk alone" embroidered, and embossed "13" on the aglet, and earrings, also engraved with "13", his favorite number, so very Jimin. I bet we're gonna cry listening to him explaining his thought process :10742289:

Hoodie will probably be 110-130, and earrings 80ish (it's gotta be a pair and not just one single earring, right??)?

2 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Purple hoodie with "seven with you", "you" "never walk alone" embroidered, and embossed "13" on the aglet, and earrings, also engraved with "13", his favorite number, so very Jimin. I bet we're gonna cry listening to him explaining his thought process :10742289:

Hoodie will probably be 110-130, and earrings 80ish (it's gotta be a pair and not just one single earring, right??)?

:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: