The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even though this is just the opinion of a couple ARMYs, it's a perspective I hadn't thought of and makes the situation even more tricky than I thought:

However, the most nuanced translator account on Twitter has a more hopeful take:

It's the K-media causing "disruption"! I don't really feel any better with this new translation and comments.  Did he not mention ARMY because he's trying to shield ARMY from anti's comments?  It's not as if ARMY isn't super well known.  No mention of ARMY makes this all sound more full of despair.  WTF are the police actually "investigating"?  He drank, he got drunk, he fell while taking the last turn into his parking garage (I am presuming it's a garage below apartments/condos).  

That first tweet implies we can make it worse simply by questioning what the police and local government are doing (like diverting attention from other scandals).  I don't think that's possible unless we are picketing, in person, in front of the police station or government buildings - and if anyone was doing that, we can be sure that the K-media would have covered it.

Is there no responsible Korean media outlet asking why they are harassing Yoongi, or what sort of "investigation" is warranted?  I still believe that anti's, other agencies and MHJ are keeping a fire lit.  But hope it settles down and goes away altogether.

I'll keep on streaming and writing messages of support on Weverse but I wouldn't be posting negative comments about any Korean governmental agency anyway.  

I think this tweet is spot on about this second apology letter, which would be a good thing if it means he's complied with his "punishment".  I still don't think the police will keep going after him.  The media might for a while, butt I am hoping they let it go.  Jin is supposed to have his album come out next month.   He'll need our support and has been getting nothing but good press, as far as I can tell.  So hoping the media will lay off Yoongi soon.  (also a tweet with cheering news...)

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

That would be good news.  The twitter acct where the translation was no longer exists.  I didn't know they held a press conference, which is what happens when one doesn't click a news article because we are boycotting that sort of thing.  I loved one of the comments - why did it take them so long to acknowledge the license plate requirements?  Someone wanted to know how Yoongi would know if he needed one if the police didn't even know and had to wait for the government to tell them.  I tried to check on the press conference but didn't want to click anything! However, I did get this quote -   "A police investigation has been conducted, and the case will be finalized soon."

I wonder if he had to have an attorney present, or if he had one meet him there.  I would think so.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

That would be good news.  The twitter acct where the translation was no longer exists.  I didn't know they held a press conference, which is what happens when one doesn't click a news article because we are boycotting that sort of thing.  I loved one of the comments - why did it take them so long to acknowledge the license plate requirements?  Someone wanted to know how Yoongi would know if he needed one if the police didn't even know and had to wait for the government to tell them.  I tried to check on the press conference but didn't want to click anything! However, I did get this quote -   "A police investigation has been conducted, and the case will be finalized soon."

I wonder if he had to have an attorney present, or if he had one meet him there.  I would think so.

My guess is that the police don't even want to bother with all this but they have to be extra thorough because of all the media scrutiny. If there's the slightest hint of favoritism, they'll get accused of corruption.

Min Hee Jin is finally out but still allowed to manage NewJeans. You would think at this point, even NewJeans should be upset at her after seeing how far their sales have fallen. But I'm sure it was spun to them that it's Hybe's fault

My guess is that MHJ will now drop NewJeans like a hot rock. I find it interesting that ADOR used the phrasing "if she so wishes" regarding that. They're hoisting her by her own petard, since a huge aspect of her whole attack on HYBE has been her supposed attachment to NewJeans.

Also, they're calling her out on her claims about creating a hit group from scratch. They're leaving her the option to replicate what BigHit did with BTS, if she cares to try. 

But since she's a malignant narcissist who has been using those girls as tools in her battle with HYBE,  she won't do that. My guess is she'll use the drop in their sales as an excuse to abandon them.

Oh, someone at HYBE is very, very, very smart.

32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My guess is that MHJ will now drop NewJeans like a hot rock. I find it interesting that ADOR used the phrasing "if she so wishes" regarding that. They're hoisting her by her own petard, since a huge aspect of her whole attack on HYBE has been her supposed attachment to NewJeans.

Also, they're calling her out on her claims about creating a hit group from scratch. They're leaving her the option to replicate what BigHit did with BTS, if she cares to try. 

But since she's a malignant narcissist who has been using those girls as tools in her battle with HYBE,  she won't do that. My guess is she'll use the drop in their sales as an excuse to abandon them.

Oh, someone at HYBE is very, very, very smart.

MHJ still must have criminal charges pending, too.  NewJeans will still be under a contract with Ador, and therefore Hybe, so don't have many options.  Hybe will be more suspicious and diligent about hiring anyone who has been with one of the other agencies - they have her out now, but it's probably been a pretty expensive learning lesson.

New Run Jin episode (that I haven't watched yet)- and just a fun post -

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

I don't know why she presumes that by liking her post that means Yoongi is doing okay.  We all hope so, of course.  His account is private so no idea what he's posted. 

I'm also guessing next weeks Run Jin was shot early on based on his hair length.  It does look fun -