The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I feel like these "I trained like an idol for 100 days" shows are just a fad like all reality tv. They aren't going to give serious competition to actual K-Pop any time soon

Kateye trained for so much longer than 100 days.  And had Sondeuk.  These 100 day wonders will disappear as quickly.  I have a bunch of Jin posts - he has been busy.  Be ready for Jin with puppies.

20 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I also read on Twitter that Jin will be on 24 hour TV, the fundraising show that Yuzu used to do every year

That's what the puppy grooming pic is from -- he must have shot this at the same time he did the variety show there.  He won't be "live" but will watch anyway!

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

They just put out another video and it made me so angry. Instead of saying "yes, we were part of the spread off false information and apologize for it" they just say "as media outlets spread", like they weren't a part of it...what cowards🤬.

10 hours ago, Faithyu said:

They just put out another video and it made me so angry. Instead of saying "yes, we were part of the spread off false information and apologize for it" they just say "as media outlets spread", like they weren't a part of it...what cowards🤬.

And they aren't the only news outlet correcting their inaccurate reporting and disparaging remarks about Yoongi.  A little too little, a little too late.  I suspect that Hybe, who undoubtedly know the truth of the incident, threatened to sue all of them.  Slander is not taken lightly in Korea, and this has been a campaign of slander.

I really don't understand all the haters.  I'm ARMY but I don't post negative anything about any other artist.  BTS has been hated on for a decade, like they can't do anything right but because they actually do, and are successful against all odds, are a huge target.  I get that there are "antis" but you'd think the K-media would be proud of how BTS has opened up the world to Korea and Korean culture, and done so in such a positive and admirable way.

On 8/19/2024 at 3:06 PM, barbara said:

but you'd think the K-media would be proud of how BTS has opened up the world to Korea and Korean culture, and done so in such a positive and admirable way.

I've seen more than a few K-ARMY posts saying that the reason Korean media hate BTS is because BTS achieved their success by circumventing the traditional media powerbrokers, etc, there. BTS well and truly upset the K-media applecart, as it were.

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've seen more than a few K-ARMY posts saying that the reason Korean media hate BTS is because BTS achieved their success by circumventing the traditional media powerbrokers, etc, there. BTS well and truly upset the K-media applecart, as it were.

I read a substack by someone who pointed out (K-Culture with Jae-Ha Kim) that Korean media is just pummeling Yoongi - very distressing.  And someone suggesting that I-ARMY, that is all of us, write or DM Visit Korea and Visit Seoul letting them know that continued harassment of him will alter how the rest of the globe view Korea and impact our travel plans, etc..  I guess the city of Daegu is considering removing, covering up any Yoongi murals.  And remember how the popular Korean actor was accused of drug use without evidence, humiliated and harassed, and ended up killing himself.  Like some elements are nott going to be satisfied until they destroy him, destroy BTS.  Scary.   On a lighter note: 4th anniversary of the release of Dynamite -  

And some other nice stuff -