The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Terrible news for ASTRO fans and kpop in general

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/breaking-astro-member-moonbin-reportedly-passes-away-1217514

Possible suicide.

I saw that.  I don't know much about ASTRO at all but this immediately made me think of SHINee and Jonghyun. Terribly sad when these bright young stars with potentially great futures end up this way. 

2 hours ago, Yuzuruhanyu3 said:

Can't wait for this friday!!!

Welcome!

4 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Terrible news for ASTRO fans and kpop in general

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/breaking-astro-member-moonbin-reportedly-passes-away-1217514

Possible suicide.

This is so so horrible and sad...

Spoiler

Have to confess, I looked up if he is one of JKs friends, because I know one Astro member is part of the 97er, but it's not Moonbin (doesn't make it less horrible, but, well....*sigh* you know what I mean, right?)

But Seventeens Seungkwan is/was good friends with him....

I also thought about a performance from Ateez Wooyoung. It was part of a show where others had to describe him through things and he had to guess what the meaning behind the chosen object was...anyway, he choose to perform/dance to a song called logic and as a title he gave the performance the suicide prevention hotline, because it was a really important topic for him...

https://youtu.be/Dvx4sOW-GT8

4 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Not to mention this will tone down all the promos for upcoming releases, ie. D-Day. A hashtag event organized by K-fanbase 52Hz is already canceled.

Once again today has been a rollercoaster of emotions....

I think we will get a statement on weverse tomorrow about a postponed schedule for D-Day....

So sad - It;'s not like young people who reach some level of stardom early spin out when the brightness dulls.  Happens to kids who are big in movies when they are little and then grow up.  And K-pop is as notorious as any industry in using them up and spitting them out.  I do wonder what the future is for a 25 year old who is not longer an active idol or feels pushed out because their time is over.  Lee Hyun has mad it as a solo - but I think that's rare.  It would be great and almost necessary for the big agencies to provide something like job or career counseling as their young people transition into other things.  There are sports where people age out and while many of the top stars have big bucks, what do you do with the rest of your life when this is all you've known?

I don;t think Yoongi's tour will be impacted - but this has to hit hard, especially in the same week they had to send Hobi off.

Okay - this is a request for all non-NoAmericans on here.  I cannot access Ticketmaster (god how I hate them) while I am in Korea.  I have potential buyers for two of my TXT tickets and TM won't let me on, via my computer.  I get this:

Pardon the Interruption
As you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:
  • You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript is preventing JavaScript from running.

I have jumped through hoops and have java script. I set my VPN to the US and still the same message.  Now @rockstaryuzu is getting the same message - only on the computer.  I seem to have access on my phone but afraid to do anything with that and lose access altogether.

Can you guys try to get an email address for their customer support? Or any phone number, no matter what country it's in?  @amylance1215 Maybe you have had to navigate this before or have an email that works from Asia. (????)

8 minutes ago, barbara said:

Okay - this is a request for all non-NoAmericans on here.  I cannot access Ticketmaster (god how I hate them) while I am in Korea.  I have potential buyers for two of my TXT tickets and TM won't let me on, via my computer.  I get this:

Pardon the Interruption
As you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. There are a few reasons this might happen:
  • You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript in your web browser
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript is preventing JavaScript from running.

I have jumped through hoops and have java script. I set my VPN to the US and still the same message.  Now @rockstaryuzu is getting the same message - only on the computer.  I seem to have access on my phone but afraid to do anything with that and lose access altogether.

Can you guys try to get an email address for their customer support? Or any phone number, no matter what country it's in?  @amylance1215 Maybe you have had to navigate this before or have an email that works from Asia. (????)

Do not use VPN. That's what flags you as a bot. Try again without VPN.

For me from VN, I can access all of TM US just fine, except I cannot see seat map to buy tickets, the most important function, so very lame -__-

Try this link to get in contact with them. You don't need to sign in. There's no phone number I can find.

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=5957004019217

2 hours ago, barbara said:

I don;t think Yoongi's tour will be impacted - but this has to hit hard, especially in the same week they had to send Hobi off.

I mean his D-Day album promos, or at least fan's promo activities, since it may be toned down a bit out of respect.

The tour of course won't be affected.

36 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Do not use VPN. That's what flags you as a bot. Try again without VPN.

For me from VN, I can access all of TM US just fine, except I cannot see seat map to buy tickets, the most important function, so very lame -__-

Try this link to get in contact with them. You don't need to sign in. There's no phone number I can find.

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=5957004019217

Thanks - I'm trying their twitter accounts too and will check your link out after I get to Jeju (leaving hotel to go to Gimpo shortly!)  I sent them a message - we'll see when I hear som,ething

3 hours ago, barbara said:

It would be great and almost necessary for the big agencies to provide something like job or career counseling

On that front, maybe the mandatory enlistment thing isn't so bad an idea. At least it gives idols whose time truly is over something to do while they figure out what's next. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

On that front, maybe the mandatory enlistment thing isn't so bad an idea. At least it gives idols whose time truly is over something to do while they figure out what's next. 

I'm so happy that our boys have each other and Bang PD to rely on ... I mean, they stated over and over again that they were each others strength and support when one of them struggled and like Yoongi said in his last Suchwita, nobody was left behind ... it's so important for their mental health ...

6 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

I mean his D-Day album promos, or at least fan's promo activities, since it may be toned down a bit out of respect.

The tour of course won't be affected.

Yes, that's what I think as well.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think many idols already know what they would like to do as a second career, because until two years after their debut, they can't be sure if they made it as a band. So, my guess would be that many at least have a rough idea about what else they would like to do. It's a harsh world, even the TXT boys have their second career dreams planned out (and Beomgyu wanting to own a small cafe in the countryside is sooo him).

But I agree that the enlistment could help the guys, who want to get out of the entertainment business, with the transition to a "normal" life.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm so happy that our boys have each other and Bang PD to rely on ... I mean, they stated over and over again that they were each others strength and support when one of them struggled and like Yoongi said in his last Suchwita, nobody was left behind ... it's so important for their mental health ...

I'm sorry to say this, but...

Spoiler

Lets please not assume that a person who took their life didn't have the support, friends or a loving family behind them. This also sadly means, please lets not assume that a person having all that is "safe".

Of course it helps and the chances of a person getting out of such a situation are way higher with good people around them. But depression is a evil, black monster that can get their claws into anyone and sometimes, sadly, it wins....

I had to think about Robert Enke, our national goal keeper who took his life. A supportive wife and a small child, surrounded by good friends, a good career.....sometimes all these things are not enough to fight the battle against the moster.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Army took the matter in hands. Things like "Yoongi, marry me, TMI, Please, come to North Pole, Speak god knows what language"etc  must really go away ... ugh ... 

Love this, such a great idea.

56 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Eunwoo is returning today from US ... K media already waiting for him at the airport ... Sigh ...

To be expected....

Yesterday I saw on weverse in the top banner, that Moonbin with another member had some special photocard event and was scheduled to perform this weekend if I saw it right. It's just so sad....sigh...

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Faithyu said:

Lets please not assume that a person who took their life didn't have the support, friends or a loving family behind them. This also sadly means, please lets not assume that a person having all that is "safe".

While we're on that topic,

Spoiler

Not every self-inflicted death of a depressed person is intentional. Accidental overdoses and such also occur - and are tragically common with the current opioid crisis. Although if that turns out to be the case, I suspect it will be kept very quiet.