The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

The BBMAs are a mystery to me - I really don't know how they determine winners in any category.  Adding these new K-Pop specific categories does mean the genre is being recognized and chances for the ones we love to be recognized and to win.  But it's also NOT considering anything by a Korean group or artist to be "mainstream" or able to compete with American artists.  They do have separate Latin categories and some of those artists (Bad Bunny, for instance) cross over.  Maybe they should have a category for over-sexualized, embarrassing artists and MV.

And how they don't have JK in there is absurd.

It is sad, though, that it is unlikely that any of the members will be present for these - maybe they'll do recordings of thank yous..

1 hour ago, barbara said:

The BBMAs are a mystery to me - I really don't know how they determine winners in any category. 

:dry: Just saw this. It's not hard to see why suddenly there's all these separate Kpop categories and why Seven didn't get nominated for the streaming and Global awards. And how are they going to determine the winner of the best touring Kpop award? Black Pink made more money but Yoongi charted higher 

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

:dry: Just saw this. It's not hard to see why suddenly there's all these separate Kpop categories and why Seven didn't get nominated for the streaming and Global awards. And how are they going to determine the winner of the best touring Kpop award? Black Pink made more money but Yoongi charted higher 

I just read this morning that Yoong's tour brought in the most money - but maybe that was for soloist....but I believe it.

JK does look so tiny! Both Beomgyu and Soobin taller.  In fact, it's only Taehyun who is the same height as JK.  I wonder if JK felt shorter...

9 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

huh? No JK for either Global category or streaming artist category?

And Jimin made a non-kpop category but you'd think this would be pretty cut and dry

Good God, what a category to put Jimin into... two toxic right wing nut job twangers, a monster viral feminist hit, and Taylor Swift. But I think Flowers will run away with it - that song was *everywhere*

4 hours ago, barbara said:

I just read this morning that Yoong's tour brought in the most money - but maybe that was for soloist....but I believe it.

I thought I read some where that it was the highest-grossing rap tour ever... and that was before he'd even done the final week in LA.

8 hours ago, barbara said:

JK does look so tiny! Both Beomgyu and Soobin taller.  In fact, it's only Taehyun who is the same height as JK.  I wonder if JK felt shorter...

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I thought I read some where that it was the highest-grossing rap tour ever... and that was before he'd even done the final week in LA.

It was the highest grossing tour for a Kpop soloist as well as having the 4 highest grossing rap arena shows. But BlackPink had the highest grossing tour for a Kpop act ever (although BTS had more attendance in 2018[?])

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Dayum. Tae is getting stalked. I'm glad Tae takes a more aggressive approach to dealing with toxic fans. People like that don't learn unless they have serious consequences

And more problematic behavior. I guess people are showing the guys apartments on Twitter

She got in the elevator with him and handed him a marriage certificate?! That must have been a really scary moment for Tae 😨😨. Glad she got arrested. 

The apartment tour videos must be a real nuissance for every one else who lives in the building, not just the guys. Imagine you're just going out to walk your dog and you find a stranger with a camera lurking in the lobby or stairs or something like that.

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Dayum. Tae is getting stalked. I'm glad Tae takes a more aggressive approach to dealing with toxic fans. People like that don't learn unless they have serious consequences

And more problematic behavior. I guess people are showing the guys apartments on Twitter

Dear God ... poor Tae ... really, these ppl are delusional to say al least ... and I wonder how the heck did she managed to get into the elevator with Tae ...