The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

Okay - this article really made me mad, as it must make ARMY all over the UK mad.  I'm happy for Seventeen and hope they do great, but I have no doubt that if BTS was active, they would be the first K-pop group there.  They really make BTS seem minor in this story.  I can'tt figure out how to write a letter to the editor so hoping @Whoopiewoop can write them.  They've had over 40 million album sales, as a group.  JK sold 2.5M on his own. Tae had over 2M with Layover. Face had nearly 2M. JitB had over 1M. D-Day sold more than 1M ON THE FIRST DAY OF RELEASE!!!!!  Seven was the fastest song to hit a billion streams on Spotify (and not just K artists).  It had the highest debut for a solo Korean act in the history of the UK singles chart..Does the BBC not know about their sell out at Wembley?  (yes -- i'm worked up about this....)  Seventeen is great and will do well at Glastonbury but does anyone think they'd be there is BTS hadn't paved the way?

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn00npn4yl0o

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Wtf???

I saw that. ARMY were complaining on Geffen's social media that there was no iTunes pre-order link for Jimin's new single and he replied by posting a link for a new artist's  Taylor Swift collab and called it song of the year. That being said, he did not actually say anything even remotely like 'yes we are sabotaging Jimin' so I think the fans are reaching a bit

However, one day HYBE will own Geffen. Just watch.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw that. ARMY were complaining on Geffen's social media that there was no iTunes pre-order link for Jimin's new single and he replied by posting a link for a new artist's  Taylor Swift collab and called it song of the year. That being said, he did not actually say anything even remotely like 'yes we are sabotaging Jimin' so I think the fans are reaching a bit

lol Armys are on fire.

4 hours ago, barbara said:

Okay - this article really made me mad, as it must make ARMY all over the UK mad.  I'm happy for Seventeen and hope they do great, but I have no doubt that if BTS was active, they would be the first K-pop group there.  They really make BTS seem minor in this story.  I can'tt figure out how to write a letter to the editor so hoping @Whoopiewoop can write them.  They've had over 40 million album sales, as a group.  JK sold 2.5M on his own. Tae had over 2M with Layover. Face had nearly 2M. JitB had over 1M. D-Day sold more than 1M ON THE FIRST DAY OF RELEASE!!!!!  Seven was the fastest song to hit a billion streams on Spotify (and not just K artists).  It had the highest debut for a solo Korean act in the history of the UK singles chart..Does the BBC not know about their sell out at Wembley?  (yes -- i'm worked up about this....)  Seventeen is great and will do well at Glastonbury but does anyone think they'd be there is BTS hadn't paved the way?

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn00npn4yl0o

UK ARMY is already in touch with the author of the article as shown in @ralucutzagy's post above.

Someone else pointed out in detail everything that is factually incorrect with the article here: 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Fans (solos and ARMY) are not actually saying that. They've simply called him out for that tweet he posted and then hiding with his tail between his legs by making his account (Twitter and LinkedIn) private without even an apology.

Pannkpop, just like any other Kpop fan-made news outlet, is known for stirring the pot with clickbait headlines that more often than not put BTS or any of their members under a negative light.

26 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Pannkpop, just like any other Kpop fan-made news outlet, is known for stirring the pot with clickbait headlines that more often than not put BTS or any of their members under a negative light.

True. I was wondering if that's what they were up to as their wording is a bit inflamatory.

28 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Fans (solos and ARMY) are not actually saying that. They've simply called him out for that tweet he posted and then hiding with his tail between his legs by making his account (Twitter and LinkedIn) private without even an apology.

I've seen posts of both types - definitely some are saying that by posting this, he's admitting that he's trying to sabotage Jimin. 

Guys, I want to go to a kpop party.

Currently watching a stream of the mawazine festival (largest festival in marokko) and waiting for Ateez to perform and there is a DJ on....and only playing kpop songs!!!

The crowd is going crazy and so damn good with singing along.

Will look at what happened at the planet tomorrow. Just wanted to drop this, I think he will play 30min more. Search for shzip on twitch if you want to party at home🥳😎

8 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

UK ARMY is already in touch with the author of the article as shown in @ralucutzagy's post above.

Someone else pointed out in detail everything that is factually incorrect with the article here: 

I replied to both the posts with a thank you. Evidently they are clueless.

I hate that I can't get these except on Threads - I hope you guys can see them. Since threads is Meta, you'd think these would also be on Instagram...

Jin - talking about his album at Festa 2022 -- https://www.threads.net/@rpwprpwprpwp___________/post/C8iu1_1vR4Y/?xmt=AQGziB4YL2ZP06-rKAHBqznCKWltqO4wmAS01t2meJ-pbg

And Hobi records: (damn BBC reporter -) https://www.threads.net/@purple_lovetae07/post/C8kejwltdrJ/?xmt=AQGzxEyC7jIl-mBF5DVRJFVChOfIK9SGnJJbRRihP0UOAA

On 6/23/2024 at 9:45 AM, barbara said:

Can you believe some people actually use them as keychains? RJ and Wootteo would get so dirty so fast!

I do, and RJ looks still fine😁, white like the first day😉.

But I don't have him on my keys (way too bulky), but on my bag and also change between RJ, a Niffler, another plush keychain and nothing, so that might play a role.

I'm always more worried about loosing him😅.

20 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, Geffen is the distributor of Jimins albums in the US, right? To answer a client of a question regarding a product with another song recommendation is just plain stupid and disrespectfull. Doesn't matter if its Jimin oder another artist.

This person should have at least  said that they will look into it and please refer to the official x-account.

18 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol Armys are on fire.

Sorry, but this chicken looks sooo adorable🤩😍🤩😂

But the link list isn't really up to date, at least the one for germany gets a "site no longer exists", but respect for the effort to set it up like this.

18 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I hope he does. 

The statement about the biggest hits come in collaborations is clearly not true, or the writer should have specified that he only refers to the UK (but also not sure if that statement would be true).

And the self producing statement is worded a bit unlucky (?) so to say....they should have said that "seventeen belong to the few self producing idols" or something along the lines.....