Junior Skaters of 2020/21 Season

Samsonov

After the Russian championship (in February 2020), the knee began to hurt. We trained, we thought it would pass. We underwent physiotherapy, but the pain got worse, and a week or two before the junior world championship (2020 in Tallinn) it turned out that I could not do anything at all. It was very painful to step on my feet, and I had to withdraw from the World Cup. We sat down for home treatment, then quarantined (due to the coronavirus pandemic). Perhaps (he went) to help me.
Then we went to the training camp, started rolling, more or less jumping. But the pain remained a little, and we decided not to go to the test skates (for the skaters of the Russian junior national team), because we were not sure that I would get there. I couldn’t do many jumps in a row. Then my knee started to hurt again, and we asked the Russian Figure Skating Federation to consult a doctor from Munich. Many thanks to the federation for that.
We consulted, returned to Moscow. I did physiotherapy for another two weeks, then began to slowly start skating, then began to do two workouts a day. My knee no longer hurts. I began to train fully in early October.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20210203/samsonov-1595835214.html

2 hours ago, Fay said:

How on earth is Samsonov with a fall and a pop higher than Sarnovsky? 

Samsonov got really generous PCS in both the SP and FS...his PCS was the third highest in the free skate despite falling from 4S, making an other mistake from the 3Lz combo, plus popping a 3A completely. And in the short program his score was also three points better than Sarnovsky's who didn't make any mistake from his jumping elements unlike Samsonov.

Imagine what score he would've got if he skated cleanish...

3 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Samsonov got really generous PCS in both the SP and FS...his PCS was the third highest in the free skate despite falling from 4S, making an other mistake from the 3Lz combo, plus popping a 3A completely. And in the short program his score was also three points better than Sarnovsky's who didn't make any mistake from his jumping elements unlike Samsonov.

Imagine what score he would've got if he skated cleanish...

There’s a reason why I don’t like him. 

I liked Muravieva's performances the most at this competition, she's great. Akatieva looked rather cautious and nervous today, and she focused a lot on the big elements in the beginning of the program. Petrosyan's FS music is so monotonous, she would deserve something better...I'd have put her behind Muravieva based on the two performances but maybe that's just me. 

Samodelkina was also good, I liked her free skate. Is Liza's free skate new? I hope it's the reason she took out the quads and it's not some injury. I haven't seen Zhilina but from protocols it seems she had a rough second part of her performance.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

I'm sorry to hear it's injury then :(

I couldn't watch the last group of the men so I started to watch it later. First I saw that Yablokov was 3rd but then then I checked the protocols and I saw he finished 4th and Rukhin got the bronze. So I had a look what happened...and it turned out Rukhin's first jump was called a triple salchow but then after the competition they changed it to a quad. Lakernik was the controller in the TP here...