General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, Xenさんが言いました:

It also makes it seem that very atheltic skaters are more masculine...not really the case, because a graceful flow exit from a jump ( a la Yuzu) is no less atheltic than a muscled through jump.  

Far as I'm concerned,  when watching male skaters, who are excellent, skate,  I think of awesome competitive swimmers swimming. Now, I still see other skaters the same way except for Hanyu.  When I see him skate *now*, I think of a fish swimming. That's beyond athleticism so I guess we can't blame those who can't fathom it just yet. 

And if that's the new medal design, I guess they're recycling past templates now, right down to the ribbon's design. It's cool, though. I always liked the bagel design. If Hanyu takes gold, he'd have something that matches his hero's one.  :o)

...can't say I like it better than the Sochi one, though. Maybe about the same?  I definitely like it better than the Vancouver one,  which is a very cool design but as an Olympic medal, seems a tad too whimsical. 

@KatjaThera

Thanks! It's real swell of you to think all that ^^ (Still waiting, btw... :(()

16 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Sorry for being OT but... Is this a gold medal for PyeongChang Olympic? 

I wasn't quite sure myself when I first saw the tweet, thinking that it looked like the Torino medals.

But then I searched for a photo of the Torino medals, and the engravings are quite different.

ec15daa2112daeb22b9f8dfe14769136---winte

TEDOLYMPICMEDALSM.jpg

So yes, I think the pictured medal is the Pyeongchang medal.

ETA: I have to correct myself. That's the Torino medal. It's the back view (or front view?).

Just now, kaeryth said:

Hmmmmm.... I like it better than Sochi's. Although, I can't say for certain because the lighting in the picture is horrendous. Why are they focusing on the model instead of the medal?

I think Sochi's was better and unique.. But I agree about the lighting.. They must focus on medal. I can't see it clearly because the lighting 

8 minutes ago, katonice said:

I wasn't quite sure myself when I first saw the tweet, thinking that it looked like the Torino medals.

But then I searched for a photo of the Torino medals, and the engravings are quite different.

ec15daa2112daeb22b9f8dfe14769136---winte

TEDOLYMPICMEDALSM.jpg

So yes, I think the pictured medal is the Pyeongchang medal.

ETA: I have to correct myself. That's the Torino medal. It's the back view.

Oh..it does look like Torino medals for first glance.. But a little different. So,  It wasn't PC medals or..? 

1 minute ago, Yuazz said:

Oh..it does look like Torino medals for first glance.. But a little different. So,  It wasn't PC medals or..? 

Maybe they will adopt a similar design? Not sure.

(Btw, the lady holding the medal in the photo is Hannah Teter, winner of the Olympic gold in Ladies' half pipe in the 2006 Games. Wikipediad it since I was curious why she was hashtagged.)

Btw guys, GPF schedule and ticket purchase details are now released.

1 hour ago, katonice said:

English version of GPF schedule

3 hours ago, katonice said:

GPF schedule and ticket prices...

Oh my gosh! Those ticket prices are expensive! :sad-smiley-046:

From the referenced link in the posts above http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2017_Figure/GPF/17GPF_summary_information0810.pdf

- Application for ticket lottery will be from Sep 9 to 15.

- If any tickets are unsold after the above first batch of sales, these will be available for purchase from Oct 6 to 12.

- Website for the GPF: http://gpf2017japan.jp/

On the GPF website, the ticket sales page for overseas fans can be found here: 

http://www.e-tix.jp/gpf2017oversea/gpf2017oversea.html

Gah! No all-event tickets!!! Why? Why? Why?!! :smiley_hairpull: