General Yuzuru Chat

This is my thoughts about yuzu decided to repeat his two programs. 

I think it was a good decision/strategy for Olympic season. 

Chopin ballade no. 1 and SEIMEI are both 'strong' programs yuzu ever skated. And as Brian said, it was deserve to be at Olympic. I agree with Brian coz it'll be a master piece if he skates both cleanly at Oly. 

About the repeat, I don't think the judges care enough to his repetitive music program. What they care about is him landing those jumps and skates clean. Even if yuzu has new program, I doubt the judges will reward him a good score if he doesn't deliver. So, let yuzu do the jobs and see. 

Actually I was in the team who wanted to see new jump (4Lz or 4A ) but if yuzu think it's too risky for him now to try/experiment with new jump (this is Oly season, better do what the best he can do and being consistent) better not do it. if he feels he doesn't need 4Lz it's fine. He's smart, if he feels something wrong and need to be fixed ASAP he will do it right away (the YOLO!!).

In the end I'm in a team who trust yuzu and rooting for everything he does. Him being healthy mentally and physically till the end of the season. That's all I want. 

29 minutes ago, Blt said:

I was so annoyed by the Robin Cousins Nationals comment that I took to Twitter, tagged Robin and informed him that Yuzu withdrew due to flu, so Shoma didn't technically beat him at Nationals. It was my first tweet lol 😄

Good for you! :laughing:

A bit more from the translation front:

–––– Unlike in Sochi Olympics, you are in the position of being chased.

“I don’t especially think I am in the position of being chased. Compared to Sochi, the competition for a medal is much fiercer. Everyone right now has their own attributes, and we encounter and clash as fellow [competitors], so it’s a lot of fun. My identity is as an all-rounder, with high quality in everything, and I would like to properly leverage my own weapons and fight.

–––– What is the difference in approach?

“At Sochi it was a lot on my plate, but my own path [that I should take]––something like that––has become very clear now.

–––– What is the difference in approach?

“Recently, I was looking at videos and articles of interviews before and after Sochi. ‘So that was what I was thinking back then’, ‘Oh, I was trying not to be bound by my past self” and so forth. These are all my own experience, so it’s quite advantageous after all.

–––– As for the 4Lz? (t/n: repeats Hanyu QA2 from Sanspo except for a little addition in bold)

“I’m able to jump [4Lz] and practice is going fairly well, but I’m not considering it for now. [First] settling everything nicely with the current layout, attacking each [element] properly and completing it is what I want to do.”

x

I really like that one!

Especially the bold bit up there. I love how he is self-aware about this part of his skating and emphasizes it. Because he is, and at the same time, these are the rarest breed of skaters. He's just so good, at everything.

Sponichi has a piece of news related to 4lz...looks like yuzu can jump it but whether he will include it or not might depend on his rivals...sorry phone not working so no link

Edit: second part is probably what reporter thought 

4 minutes ago, SSS said:

Sponichi has a piece of news related to 4lz...looks like yuzu can jump it but whether he will include it or not depends on his rivals...sorry phone not working so no link

Shoma, Nathan, Boyang, Vincent watchu waitin for. :devilYuzu:

Another little one

8/10 05:05 Sanspo Page 3

- There is a reason for such confidence. Off-season. Hanyu continued to face skating [in his university courses]. Ergonomics, Medicine, Ethics––he reached out in all directions seeking hints for [further] evolution. Sometimes applying his own jumps into mathematical expressions, analyzing their “moments”––the turning effects of forces. “I aim to be a skater whom, any way they slice it, [people would have to say], ‘Hanyu is just so good.’” The ambition to aim for the top of the podium drives the 22-year-old.

6 minutes ago, SSS said:

Sponichi has a piece of news related to 4lz...looks like yuzu can jump it but whether he will include it or not depends on his rivals...sorry phone not working so no link

When you can, can you link? Because that's very different from the other answers he gave that basically went, yes, I am practicing it, it's going well, but other elements have to settle first. 

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

When you can, can you link? Because that's very different from the other answers he gave that basically went, yes, I am practicing it, it's going well, but other elements have to settle first. 

Tried n times...not working

Go search

羽生4回転ルーツ見送り

I went to read again..I think that is what the reporter thought...sorry