General Yuzuru Chat

I am in NZ not Europe but had Blu-ray problems too with the zones. I was able to play Time of Awakening,  Time of Evolution and NS on my existing player but Prologue wouldn't play due to being the wrong zone. Very strange but in the end I bought a new multi zone player and that solved the problem. Gift should arrive tomorrow 🤞🏼.         I hope you can watch your discs soon. 

On 8/23/2024 at 6:15 PM, Perelandra said:

Hi

Sorry for delayed response. Busy, busy and so much Yuzu content with all of the new photos and new publications on the horizon

Couple of people, based in Euro zone have shared some useful info. 

Few people were discussing on another platform that they bought region free DVD and BluRay players which can attach to their laptop port. These seem to be the cheapest option for about £80

Other people felt that an investment for a player which plugs into TV was better, due to superior picture quality. Only issue with these, is that some region free models read only the region of the Disc once it has played them a couple of times, will set to the disc region most often played, which may not be a big problem if one essentially reserves the player for Yuzu discs and another player may be needed for none Yuzu discs. 

Disc players have reduced in price, over time and some are available on line from large, well known retailers for around £100-130.

Bear in mind that some games consoles, which attach to a TV or a monitor can also play discs, if one happens to have such a device at home. Some of the latest models of games consoles are region free, however, others are not and some will play ULTRA HD 4K discs from any region, but only Ultra editions and not any type of HD or 4K disc, depends on the model, but just giving the relevant info for completeness.

Hope this adds to the information pool and assists somewhat in any decision making

( not sure what the protocol for discussing brands and shopping sites, hence, have deliberately not mentioned by name, but it will be possible to visit a reputable online retailer and browse the selection. Some sites have a chat function so that it is possible to ask questions about the various disc players and hopefully receive useful answers from people who are familiar with the stocked models and find the correct disc player for one's needs  )

Thanks for alerting me to this Perelandra, it wasn't my intention to advertise a brand or vendor. I edited the post. :animated-smileys-cheeky-041:

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Who's still alive after this? 

When I say that I never thought I'd see the day.... 

Oh Yuzu. 

What on earth are we going to do with you?

:animated-smileys-bath-wc-033:

Permanently ensconced on the 'fainting couch' nowadays, before viewing any Yuzu content. Otherwise, as you say, Fanyu population will be hard pushed to survive the constant stream of beauty