General Yuzuru Chat

Hi satellites!

Does anyone know if there's a link or resource that lists all the official Yuzu merch currently available,  like the Prologue DVD, the photobooks, etc? Or is it all over the place?

And did I miss the window for ordering the DVDs?

(Been a bit busy. My mom had an aneurysm right after Easter. She's recovered now and back to work, but it's been a wild ride and some balls got dropped.)

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hi satellites!

Does anyone know if there's a link or resource that lists all the official Yuzu merch currently available,  like the Prologue DVD, the photobooks, etc? Or is it all over the place?

And did I miss the window for ordering the DVDs?

(Been a bit busy. My mom had an aneurysm right after Easter. She's recovered now and back to work, but it's been a wild ride and some balls got dropped.)

Sorry to hear about your mother. Relieved to hear that she has recovered.

A!Smart has a Yuzu bookshop with many book and magazine titles available, it is also possible to reserve the GIFT disc set on pre order

Prologue disc available from the usual suppliers - cd japan, rakuten, amazon jp

Hope that helps

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Sorry to hear about your mother. Relieved to hear that she has recovered.

A!Smart has a Yuzu bookshop with many book and magazine titles available, it is also possible to reserve the GIFT disc set on pre order

Prologue disc available from the usual suppliers - cd japan, rakuten, amazon jp

Hope that helps

Thanks! 

On 7/20/2024 at 3:36 AM, fuzz_ball_21 said:

[NEWS]

Hey Yuzu, if my 80-year-old mother can recover completely from a sub-arachnoid hemorrhage (of the sort that kills 9 out of 10 people who have one) and be back at her full time job (yes she still works at the post office) less than 3 months from the day of the aneurysm, with no apparent lasting ill effects, you bet humans can do more than you thought! You can definitely do whatever the heck you think you're able to try. The human body is an infinite wonder and mostly adapts to what we ask of it.

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hello satellites!

Does anyone know if there is a link or resource that lists all the official Yuzu products currently available, like the Prologue DVD, photobooks, etc.? Or are they everywhere?

And did I miss the window to order the DVDs?

(I've been a bit busy. My mother had an aneurysm just after Easter. She's recovered now and is back at work, but it's been a crazy ride and some balls have been lost.)

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hey Yuzu, if my 80 year old mother can fully recover from a subarachnoid hemorrhage (the kind that kills 9 out of 10 people who suffer from it) and return to full time work (yes, she still works at the post office) less than 3 months after the day of the aneurysm, with no apparent lasting side effects, you can bet that humans can do more than you thought! You can certainly do anything you think you can try. The human body is an infinite wonder and generally adapts to what we ask of it.

@rockstaruzu Your mother is very strong for her age of 80 to have, in this way, overcome such an attack and, above all, still working : she has a lot of courage  :2thumbsup: with your help of being at her side which contributes a lot to an excellent recovery. 

19 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Sorry to hear your mother passed away. I'm relieved to hear she's recovered.

A!Smart has a Yuzu bookstore with many book and magazine titles available, it is also possible to reserve the GIFT disc box set by pre-order

Prologue disc available from usual vendors - cd japan, rakuten, amazon jp

I hope this helps

:wave: @Perelandra : I had access through a link given here by (I don't remember who  :shrug:) from CD.JAPAN and made one  :omg:seeing the list of many books dedicated to Yuzu and, especially, to the 2 DVD PROLOGUE and GIFT : but I hesitate to order the DVDs which are produced in Japan and wonder if they will be read on a DVD player in the European zone where we are both ...... : do you know if this is possible? and  :thanks:in advance. 

1 hour ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave: @Perelandra : I had access through a link given here by (I don't remember who  :shrug:) from CD.JAPAN and made one  :omg:seeing the list of many books dedicated to Yuzu and, especially, to the 2 DVD PROLOGUE and GIFT : but I hesitate to order the DVDs which are produced in Japan and wonder if they will be read on a DVD player in the European zone where we are both ...... : do you know if this is possible? and  :thanks:in advance. 

Hi 

Some of the Ultra High Definition blu ray discs are region free but only the Ultra HiDef, NOT High Definition only and you are also correct DVD's need to be region 2, for Europe, so that's confusing and it is not always clear from the outer packaging. Fortunately Japan is also region 2 for DVD but unfortunately is region A for BluRay. Europe os region B for BluRay

It is possible to purchase region free disc players, they are not so expensive nowadays, so you could buy one or ask for one on your birthday or Christmas wish list. 

There is a caveat to region free disc players or region which is compatible with Japanese region discs - some region free models, but not all, will set to the region of the discs played for the first few plays. So, one may need to purchase a disc player and just keep it for Yuzu discs!!!

I have a Sony disc player for DVDs and BluRays and it plays 'Time of Awakening' and 'Time of Evolution' BluRay discs, which date from 8 and 4 years ago respectively, these were for the Japanese market and are not Ultra High Def, they are High Definition BluRay. So it seems to be OK for playing region A BluRays.

Hope that is somewhat helpful. 

This is my very basic understanding of the discs and players compatibility. 

Maybe someone else can provide more accurate information. 

On 23/07/2024 at 18:32, Perelandra said:

Health 

Some Ultra High Definition Blu-rays are region free, but only Ultra HiDef, NOT just High Definition and you are also right, DVDs have to be Region 2 for Europe, which is confusing and not always clear on the outer packaging. Luckily Japan is also Region 2 for DVDs, but unfortunately it is Region A for Blu-Rays. Europe is Region B for Blu-Rays

It is possible to buy region free disc players, they are not that expensive these days, so you can buy one or ask for one on your birthday or Christmas wish list. 

There is one caveat regarding region-free or Japanese region-compatible disc players: some, but not all, region-free models will adjust to the region of the discs being played on the first few plays. So you may need to purchase a disc player and reserve it for Yuzu discs only!!!

I have a Sony disc player for DVDs and Blu-Rays and it plays the "Time of Awakening" and "Time of Evolution" Blu-Rays, which are 8 and 4 years old respectively, these were for the Japanese market and are not Ultra High Definition, they are High Definition Blu-Rays. So it seems to be suitable for playing Region A Blu-Rays.

I hope this will be useful to you. 

Here is my basic understanding of disc and drive compatibility. 

Perhaps someone else can provide more specific information. 

ALIGATO and :thanks: @Perelandra for having answered me pleasantly, I appreciate this help  :peace2:, because not being very comfortable I would have asked in PM to someone else, who, alas is no longer of this world  :( , I only have DVDs at home, so I went to inquire with my computer seller (who is, in addition, a computer engineer) I told him about my case and he certified me (you too  :2thumbsup:) that Japan has zone 2 for its DVDs, I could buy it (as well as GIFT later) because I can read it in the DVD player included in the computer  :woop:......: so purchase on this JAPAN CD 

I also hope that Canadian/American/Mexican etc. fans will also be able to read these Yuzu DVDs since he has fans all over the world. 

Also: did you buy a Yuzu DVD? (if it's indiscreet, you can write it, of course) 

Best regards to you in England PS: except  :offtopic2:I am 2 days away from the opening of the Paris Olympics. 

3 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

ALIGATO and :thanks: @Perelandra for having answered me pleasantly, I appreciate this help  :peace2:, because not being very comfortable I would have asked in PM to someone else, who, alas is no longer of this world  :( , I only have DVDs at home, so I went to inquire with my computer seller (who is, in addition, a computer engineer) I told him about my case and he certified me (you too  :2thumbsup:) that Japan has zone 2 for its DVDs, I could buy it (as well as GIFT later) because I can read it in the DVD player included in the computer  :woop:......: so purchase on this JAPAN CD 

I also hope that Canadian/American/Mexican etc. fans will also be able to read these Yuzu DVDs since he has fans all over the world. 

Also: did you buy a Yuzu DVD? (if it's indiscreet, you can write it, of course) 

Best regards to you in England PS: except  :offtopic2:I am 2 days away from the opening of the Paris Olympics. 

Bought the GIFT BluRay on pre order. 

All my Yuzu discs are BluRays

4 hours ago, Fay said:

ah yes, Yuzuru Hanyu, the famous gymnast

I saw that. Seriously the most ridiculous write-up of any athlete ever. It's as if the writer did it on purpose to ragebait fanyus and drive engagement with their post

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw that. Seriously the most ridiculous write-up of any athlete ever. It's as if the writer did it on purpose to ragebait fanyus and drive engagement with their post

sliver medals? not known for big jumps? Gosh, how much ridiculous stuff can be written in a small passage?