General Yuzuru Chat

Another new magazine with Yuzu cover!

Iirc, this one does not have the best reputation among Fanyus but there will be interviews with Tsuzuki-sensei and Ghislain about Yuzu's 4a. 

DeepL translation:

Shoichiro Tsuzuki: "I cannot thank Hanyu enough for his quad axel challenge"

Ghislain Briand: "The 4a that Yuzu jumped at the Beijing Olympics was the(his?) best jump by far"

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
9 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

An add-on from my last post. I sure hope TCC at least ask Yuzu’s permission with this release, cz this actually breaks a pattern. Footage of him landing 4Lz3T combo without harness existed years before he landed 4Lz in comps, and it wasn’t released until after he landed the 4Lz successfully in comps.

The timing of the post makes me think that Yuzu was satisfied sufficiently with his 4A at Beijing to allow the practice video to be released. At least that's what I hope.

Guest Mary_kyo
10 minutes ago, Saawa said:

Ghislain Briand: "The 4a that Yuzu jumped at the Beijing Olympics was the(his?) best jump by far"

It really was tbh. The axis, rotation speed and even landing position was really good. If he wasn't injured, he could possibly have landed it. He had no sense/feel in his foot so he didn't bend the knees on the right time in the landing. It was so controlled to me. I would love to read Ghislain's opinion in more details. Maybe the only real "expert" there who isn't cheap to buy (no shade)

18 minutes ago, Saawa said:

Another new magazine with Yuzu cover!

Iirc, this one does not have the best reputation among Fanyus but there will be interviews with Tsuzuki-sensei and Ghislain about Yuzu's 4a. 

DeepL translation:

Shoichiro Tsuzuki: "I cannot thank Hanyu enough for his quad axel challenge"

It only has a bit of Yuzu contents, no? And still it needs Yuzu on the front page to sell. What a clout :dozey:

I don't know, if I were in Japan I probably would not buy it. Tsuzuki-sensei has answered interviews on his thoughts about Yuzu's 4A challenge in Beijing before, so the only new - new interview is probably just that one with Ghislain. 

2 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

Wonderful 4A video!😍😍

Silly question but do you think they asked Yuzu before publishing it online? Not that it's a bad video, on the contrary!!

No one knows, so to borrow words from@yuzupon, " I sure hope so." 

Already I have seen some accounts (not here) that accused Geoff (and on a larger scale) TCC of uploading it without Yuzu's permission to stay relevant. That's too much for me honestly. There is no point in speculating or accusing anyone if there is no ground to base on. 

3 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Already I have seen some accounts (not here) that accused Geoff (and on a larger scale) TCC of uploading it without Yuzu's permission to stay relevant. That's too much for me honestly. There is no point in speculating or accusing anyone if there is no ground to base on. 

Oops I totally missed that sorry, this had already been discussed! 

I sure hope so too..!

4 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Did I dreamed this? You’re the one with videos, but I’m pretty sure it existed. Did I dream it??!!!

Wasn't it on one of the media days at TCC? At the start of the 2017-18 season maybe?

2 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I wish they would not make these baseless accusations unless they have some proof. Did people learn nothing from the J*vi fiasco? There was real reason to be angry with that, but everyone going on the attack always does more harm than good.

Guest Mary_kyo
4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

haha i certainly haven't seen every video published of Yuzu ever 😅 but if anyone has this i would love to see it pretty please :10636614:

This?