General Yuzuru Chat

2 分ぐらい, Hydroblade said:

do i have to sell a kidney to get one of those clear files:Poohgaveup:?

Luckily enough, you can get one of those by 2,000JPY + tax this time.

Save your kidney for a rainy day!

6 minutes ago, Plumqueen said:

Oh my gosh, I'm more lost than usual. I wanted to ask if there was a thread for videos that the Sex Bomb video could be posted to, but it's gone??

Which thread is gone?

The FaOI threads are still here if that's what you need.

1 hour ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

Hey, I just saw your twitter and your summaries! :)

Have you ever thought of making full translations? I admit J > E is a pain to translate and Yuzu presents some unique challenges. :rofl:

But if you would like occasional help with our Prince of the Ice verbal challenges to translators, feel free to ask, I've had experience with two or three people worse than him. ^^;

(Translating and interpreting come with my job, so... )

Also, thanks for the links to the other Kenji no Heya parts; I could probably have found them myself on youtube, but this way it's much easier. :)

Ahh thank you! Honestly, I do it partly because I get amused by things and want to share and partly to motivate myself to practice my Japanese comprehension as I haven't studied it formally in about 5 years (I couldn't continue studying it at university because my degree doesn't allow me to have many elective units). I'm at a level where I generally understand the gist (with some help from Google translate on some of the vocab) but wouldn't dream of saying I could accurately translate line-for-line.

Geo1 linking the formal translation I couldn't find earlier (thank you!) is like a 'check your exam answers' situation and good for my learning hahahaha I think I may have gotten 75% in the parts I did translate? :laughing:  

I'd love to interact more with the current J -> E translators and learn from you guys though, and your offers to help are incredibly appreciated. Happy to translate simple things like news bulletins if it frees you guys up to do more complex translations ( : 

2 分ぐらい, kaerb said:

I'd love to interact more with the current J -> E translators and learn from you guys though, and your offers to help are incredibly appreciated. Happy to translate simple things like news bulletins if it frees you guys up to do more complex translations ( : 

Such a great mercy!!  I'm also one of those J to E translators struggling for a "natural" expression!

Learning from a native speaker will be a great help for me!  (I personally wish if there exists an English study thread as well, but perhaps the needs are very few)  

And I also want to help you in whatever I can. :)

6 minutes ago, liha said:

Which thread is gone?

The FaOI threads are still here if that's what you need.

No, I didn't mean any threads were gone. I had just watched the video containing clips of Yuzu dancing to Sex Bomb then it (the video) disappeared. 

Maybe I watched it on another thread. It was recently posted. 

I was hoping it could be re-posted on a thread designated for fun videos like it.

I get lost here easily because PH is so busy. 

3 minutes ago, Plumqueen said:

No, I didn't mean any threads were gone. I had just watched the video containing clips of Yuzu dancing to Sex Bomb then it (the video) disappeared. 

I was hoping it could be re-posted on a thread designated for fun videos like it.

This video?

3 minutes ago, sister555 said:

Such a great mercy!!  I'm also one of those J to E translators struggling for a "natural" expression!

Learning from a native speaker will be a great help for me!  (I personally wish if there exists an English study thread as well, but perhaps the needs are very few)  

You should probably make one then, I'm sure there will be other members that will find it useful

1 minute ago, sister555 said:

Don't see why we can't start a J->E 勉強 thread? o: I can start a topic in the Translations Forum if there's interest? I think it'd be nice to post questions we have with translations/vocab or check our understanding! And yep, I'm a native English speaker and really happy to help you with finding 'natural' expressions :agree: 

I was going to do the timestamps but then Geo1 linked a word-for-word translation so I think I'll check that first and maybe post about specific words I couldn't hear? Really appreciate your help! ( :

9 minutes ago, Plumqueen said:

sorry about that:13877886:

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Don't see why we can't start a J->E 勉強 thread? o: I can start a topic in the Translations Forum if there's interest? I think it'd be nice to post questions we have with translations/vocab or check our understanding! And yep, I'm a native English speaker and really happy to help you with finding 'natural' expressions :agree: 

I was going to do the timestamps but then Geo1 linked a word-for-word translation so I think I'll check that first and maybe post about specific words I couldn't hear? Really appreciate your help! ( :

There is this thread on the Space Junk forum:

Maybe that discussion could be taken there?