General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, kiches said:

You know I initially wondered if the fan was talking about the music/new program thread on GS when they talked about Yuzu's FS, it didn't specifically mention the Fan Fest thread but that would be the most logical place. 

Judging by the entry I don't know if I should expect the music to be one of our unusual guesses or a guess that was common since it sounded like they wanted to to let a single person who guessed it know. At least that's how I take it. At this point I have no idea what to expect - it's either going to be super common or totally unexpected. I'd like totally unexpected after the decision to threepeat Chopin :devilYuzuf:, but I'll keep my expectations low. 

Well if it's the general thread, then it might be one of the more uncommon warhorses, if someone (and only 1 person) had guessed it. If it's La La Land though.....:headdesk:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well if it's the general thread, then it might be one of the more uncommon warhorses, if someone (and only 1 person) had guessed it. If it's La La Land though.....:headdesk:

Nah, Yuzu wouldn't skate to la la-------

*cue yuzu dancing to Choo Choo train/cats/sexbomb*

I take it back. Yuzu could skate to anything. And anything could happen.

I'll just be here preparing my heart in advance :68811363:

Oh, that! I thought he did something special at Faoi this week that I missed. Thanks. 

In future, I would love some kind of disco number for yuzu. Deep cut v neck, crazy colours, all kinds of necklaces... and lots of hip shaking. I can so imagine that for a show..... c'mon, jeff. 

2 hours ago, jinabee said:

Nobu understands us :lol:

Where would we be without Nobu and Johnny~ bless them for the gifts they always give us~

I made that post haha. It's a guess based on context so I can't guarantee that's exactly what he meant, but I've seen this sort of 'insert your face here' meme in JP fandom before : P

Also re: music choices... am I the only one with a foreboding feeling it's going to be Seimei 2.0? I remember the poster who gave the hint said 'some will be happy and others will be disappointed', which makes me think he's going to repeat something. I felt like Seimei was 'Olympic Gold' material the moment I heard it and it's music that has the 'only Yuzuru can skate to this' quality, but I am very ambivalent about Yuzu repeating his exact 2015 programs 

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

I made that post haha. It's a guess based on context so I can't guarantee that's exactly what he meant, but I've seen this sort of 'insert your face here' meme in JP fandom before : P

Also re: music choices... am I the only one with a foreboding feeling it's going to be Seimei 2.0? I remember the poster who gave the hint said 'some will be happy and others will be disappointed', which makes me think he's going to repeat something. I felt like Seimei was 'Olympic Gold' material the moment I heard it and it's music that has the 'only Yuzuru can skate to this' quality, but I am very ambivalent about Yuzu repeating his exact 2015 programs 

Same here. Chopin and Seimei are my faves and certainly, they are prime Olys material but the fact that he has already done these two programs and in this exact combination makes me apprehensive. The expectations and burden, and the potential mindblock of the judges and general commentary by fans and commentators...  We all know how ppl have short term memories in FS and how constantly repeating a certain opinion e.g. 'It's past his time', 'He is not challenging himself anymore, the young ones will catch up to him now' and all that nonsense makes it ingrained into minds. Also, for the sake of his remaining seasons, it'll be great to see smth fresh since he essentially only has done two different short programs (if you don't take into account all the versions of Chopin) in this whole quad and the impression that he repeats programs often, be it true or not, looms large, so if he repeats even in the free program, that feeling will grow even though we all know how he is like and his rationale. But non-fans or ppl who pay less attention to him won't know.

2 minutes ago, the50person said:

Same here. Chopin and Seimei are my faves and certainly, they are prime Olys material but the fact that he has already done these two programs and in this exact combination makes me apprehensive. The expectations and burden, and the potential mindblock of the judges and general commentary by fans and commentators...  We all know how ppl have short term memories in FS and how constantly repeating a certain opinion e.g. 'It's past his time', 'He is not challenging himself anymore, the young ones will catch up to him now' and all that nonsense makes it ingrained into minds. Also, for the sake of his remaining seasons, it'll be great to see smth fresh since he essentially only has done two different short programs (if you don't take into account all the versions of Chopin) in this whole quad and the impression that he repeats programs often, be it true or not, looms large, so if he repeats even in the free program, that feeling will grow even though we all know how he is like and his rationale. But non-fans or ppl who pay less attention to him won't know.

I was actually relieved when Chopin was announced because I thought 'surely that means he must have a new FS program - surely he wouldn't repeat his exact 2015 program' but now I'm not so sure... Repeating Seimei would be absolutely the most conservative strategy he could go with for the Olympics and I think it's more likely than not to backfire on him if he can't keep up inhuman consistency the entire season, even with an upgraded jump layout. To the flood of new FS spectators and fans who appear every Olympics, it'd be a memorable and unique program but the internal conversation in the FS community (and critically amongst the judges) would be extremely different and he would be handing over ammo to push the whole 'he's playing it safe, he's not challenging himself' media narrative. At this point, we can only hope for the best ;;

HAHAHA

What a mess the fs circle is.

Prime meme fodder.

Yuzu to Shoma: wedding pose

Shoma to Yuzu: Want to win

Shoma to Med: mysterious nickname of Medove

Med to Yuzu: earnest fan/otaku

Yuzu to Plu: longtime earnest otaku

Yuzu and Nobu, mutual: ♡

Yuzu to Javi, mutual: like

Boyang to Yuzu: idol

Mai and Nathan: 4CC winners

Mai to Mao: respect

Mao and Kana: good friends

Kana and Nobu: joke around together

Marin and Satton: same group of skaters

Satton, Mai, Wakaba: JP nats podium

Keiji and Shoma: Gaming buds

Med and Pogo: good friends

Someone pls translate 'Shoma to Marin', 'Marin to Satton' and 'Yuzu to Wakaba'. Got the feeling that 'Yuzu to Wakaba' is smth funny. Smth abt his eyes being opened and horizons broadening?