General Yuzuru Chat

Because Shoma was less than 3 points behind Yuzu at Worlds.

And technically won over him at WTT. And Yuzu may not be around for long after PC 2018. And because there's some rivalries between skating areas in Japan. There's many reasons why they might want to start hyping Shoma up. His results through the season did prove that he is a contender. Now, how they do it, that's the issue. They could just hype both of them up without these more interesting PR tidbits.

Thing is, having two great horses in the race should be a good thing vs having just one, but. Guess this is where inside politicks come in and fuck the big picture :whiteflag:

Exactly! The competitiveness should be between the two contenders, not brought through the media itself! But this is not only a Japanese thing. Russia also seems to have interesting politics depending from which area you train in.

I think it was Pamigena who made a very nice poll a couple of months ago, do you remember? I don't have the link anymore, but we could make something similar to that.

It will be very interesting. I think we will have great number of different countries? especially now when there are language sub-forums

the50person said:
Killaa said:
@the50person I lovelovelove :love: your H&L analysis. You just wrote about everything that was in my mind about H&L! The rise and fall of the music, the complexity of it, gah, everything. Since I'm not good at writing, thank you. Haha. I don't know anymore  :cry:

(no I'm not crying, you are crying)

Thank @PomeloPooh for setting me off! xD And also thank you for liking my post. 

:clap: And also good analysis for RJ1 and chopin ballade! Especially Ballade because it shows the genius of Jeff and Yuzu, there's basically no 'narrative' for that kind of music, no drama, and everything is open for their interpretation, and well they did an amazing job of it! :goe:

Japanese people are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to figure skating, aren't they? I mean, everyone can see with his own eyes the difference between Yuzuru's and Shomas jumps- and it was often told that Yuzuru's technique is perfect. :scratch2:

I think some people are just blinded by Shomas world silver medal :shrug:

xeyra said:
Valkyria said:

Thing is, having two great horses in the race should be a good thing vs having just one, but. Guess this is where inside politicks come in and fuck the big picture :whiteflag:

Exactly! The competitiveness should be between the two contenders, not brought through the media itself! But this is not only a Japanese thing. Russia also seems to have interesting politics depending from which area you train in.

I mean, Japan's chances at an olympic gold medal just doubled, that should be a good thing! Yes, they have to compete against each other, but from a country's perspective your odds got better! It's a pity (and very petty) that politicks create this situations, but that's figure skating for you...

Emzie said:
Regarding the Wedding, I'd love to post the whole Holy Matrimony list here, but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with every marriage request :cry:

I figured I'd open a thread in the Church? Dedicated to wedding planning and then I can update the list as people post. But I'd ask for no chat, or yes, it'd be lost in seconds :rofl:

Guest turquoiseblue
Yatagarasu said:
Emzie said:
Regarding the Wedding, I'd love to post the whole Holy Matrimony list here, but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with every marriage request :cry:

I figured I'd open a thread in the Church? Dedicated to wedding planning and then I can update the list as people post. But I'd ask for no chat, or yes, it'd be lost in seconds :rofl: 

That sounds great :clap:

fireovertheice said:

@the50person: very intersting analysis of Yuzu's programs. I love them too :smiley-love017:

I write this here because, we don't have the like button yet (dear Admins, please, are we going to have it, yes ?)

Did you do for POTO and Seimei too?

Nope, I only wrote today, the first post before dinner and the second one after dinner. It'll be interesting to do that for the others. Maybe when time permits.

Killaa said:
the50person said:
Killaa said:
@the50person I lovelovelove :smiley-love017: your H&L analysis. You just wrote about everything that was in my mind about H&L! The rise and fall of the music, the complexity of it, gah, everything. Since I'm not good at writing, thank you. Haha. I don't know anymore :cry:

(no I'm not crying, you are crying)

Thank @PomeloPooh for setting me off! xD And also thank you for liking my post.

:clap: And also good analysis for RJ1 and chopin ballade! Especially Ballade because it shows the genius of Jeff and Yuzu, there's basically no 'narrative' for that kind of music, no drama, and everything is open for their interpretation, and well they did an amazing job of it! :goe:

Like srsly, trust Jeff and Yuzu to exhaust EVERY. SINGLE. NOTE. Yuzu ain't a 'I-will-match-every-damn-note'-ist for nothing. (idk what to call it in English but in Chinese it's 合乐狂魔)