General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, randomanon said:

i know right... SEIMEI was a program to "celebrate the Japanese strength and spirit" (im paraphrasing here), H&L was a program with Japanese music....
mmmhhh wonder what her skaters skated to.... 

I actually have no issues whatsoever with her skaters using western music. Figure skating is, after all, a primarily western sport, despite one of its biggest live audiences being Asian. I just find amusing how the shade throwing, regardless of whether she means someone specific or not, lacks logical sense, especially in light of Shoma actually being in the USA right now for a week to train with a foreign coach.

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

Imaginary protocol for FaOI Chopin

Would be very nice but I think some of these scores might be unrealistic to expect, at least at the beginning. Also, why is the 3A the only non +3 GOE jump!? I'd think the 4Lo might be lower in scoring than the 3A! :laughing:

7 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I actually have no issues whatsoever with her skaters using western music. Figure skating is, after all, a primarily western sport, despite one of its biggest audience being Asian. I just find amusing how the shade throwing, regardless of whether she means someone specific or not, lacks logical sense, especially in the light of Shoma actually being in the USA right now for a week to train with a foreign coach.

Well I don't have an issue with it either, it's just her comments make her seem like she's devoid of "foreign influence" when in reality, she is... in this globalised world we're all influenced by other cultures in some way...

Just now, randomanon said:

Well I don't have an issue with it either, it's just her comments make her seem like she's devoid of "foreign influence" when in reality, she is... in this globalised world we're all influenced by other cultures in some way...

Maybe she's just very set in her own ways of what Japanese skaters should do or train. But there's no other way to read this but as a targeting of Yuzu in particular.

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Maybe she's just very set in her own ways of what Japanese skaters should do or train. But there's no other way to read this but as a targeting of Yuzu in particular.

What she said is offensive and rude. It's an insult, not only to him but to many other people. His coaches, choreographers, his skating friends and fans who are from different countries. Her ugly words give me a negative opinion of her.

19 minutes ago, beki said:

What she said is offensive and rude. It's an insult, not only to him but to many other people. His coaches, choreographers, his skating friends and fans who are from different countries. Her ugly words give me a negative opinion of her.

I don't disagree it's really rude and xenophobic and doesn't leave you with a very high opinion of her attitude. But she's of an older generation and probably set in her ways, with a side of regional disdain, so this is probably the way she thinks. According to a comment on twitter, she already thought Yuzu [a bit] arrogant at GPF 2014 [for having an un-japanese way of celebrating and being too emotional] due to jumping on the podium and inciting cheers for Javi, and this was before Shoma even really became competition for Yuzu. 

Of course, the timing of her comment in Ice Jewels is very suspect and is obviously targeting Yuzu. This isn't like the Akiko issue where people were of different minds regarding whether what she said was true shade or not. Yamada's shade is of the highest degree.

Edit for clarity.

:offtopic:

I know the information has been released several times, but I can't find it, somehow: do you know by any chance where and how we can purchase one of Yuzu's necklaces ? (especially the blue Phiten one with a ball :) )

2 時間前, Floria said:

New P&G Promotion

A summary of Yuzu's comments on this product.

If It's already done, pls ignore it.:img_20: 

It's already been 3 years since he began to use it.

The one he uses now is the 2nd one (of this product).

No need to have your batteries recharged during

a trip as it can last for 5~7 days.

Besides,  there are modes/functions available that

you can even enjoy when using it.

And he continued (replying to their questions),

"When you jump or spin, you clench your teeth.

When your teeth do not come together right or

if you have a toothache, you then don't really

have energy left for that.

Or when you have problem with your gums or

your teeth are congested with blood,  you surely

feel a pain...THE THING is teeth is very important

for all skaters.

My teeth has been really in good condition since

then, no cavity and so on."

Below is the P&G product, Electric Toothbrush

"Braun Oral B Platina Black" that

in fact Yuzu's used in his daily life.

The price is ¥30,750 ( US$270 ?)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ブラウン-オーラルB-プラチナブラック-電動歯ブラシ-D345456X/dp/B00DGIDYZQ?SubscriptionId=175BC0N2BCT0X4DAZG82&tag=amebablog-a2385203-22&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00DGIDYZQ

Simply wonder why P&G doesn't have him introduce

any of their products on TV but Internet. Don't you think 

it's likely that a huge number of their customers are Yuzu's fans :laughing: ?

And as you can tell, how promising he is and the market is :laughing: !

1 minute ago, yuzuthebest said:

And he continued (replying to their questions),

"When you jump or spin, you clench your teeth.

When your teeth do not come together right or

if you have a toothache, you then don't really

have energy left for that.

Or when you have problem with your gums or

your teeth are congested with blood,  you surely

feel a pain...THE THING is teeth is very important

for all skaters.

My teeth has been really in good condition since

then, no cavity and so on."

Way to be graphic in your product promotion, Yuzu! :laughing:

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I don't disagree it's really rude and xenophobic and doesn't leave you with a very high opinion of her attitude. But she's of an older generation and probably set in her ways, with a side of regional disdain, so this is the way she thinks. According to a comment on twitter, she already thought Yuzu arrogant at GPF 2014 for jumping on the podium and inciting cheers for Javi, and this was before Shoma even really became competition for Yuzu. 

How is this considered arrogant?. Isn't this just him celebrating his victory and his very good sportsmanship.. :facepalm: