General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

Would you guys like if he recycle lgc? and bring back the purple outfit.

Although the purple outfit was an atrocity, i'd love for him to bring back Let's go crazy. I don't think he skated this program completely clean even once (correct me if i'm wrong) and would love for him to revamp it and conquer it completely.

25 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I agree on that and it's no accident that Yuzu has undertaken an extremely difficult major for his college studies.  Cognitive science is a field that requires acquisition of knowledge in psychology, sociology, computer science, even hardcore philosophy.  I'm not sure how it plays in Japan but in the US high-profile athletes generally (with numerous exceptions I'll say here) go into major fields that are relatively easier on the brain.  If any potential Japanese supporters look at what Yuzu is doing and know what his field demands of a person, they cannot but be impressed.  I'm impressed and despite my English PhD I'd be reluctant to take on somebody even with just an undergraduate degree in the field Yuzu's undertaking.  Which makes me think, knowing he's already applying some of what he's learned to skating, that he probably plans some books in the future. 

All this goes to further impress me about Yuzu.  The lad is no lightweight when it comes to using the gray matter.  The fact is that it's becoming increasingly apparent to me that Yuzu is wanting to do more than just redefine the athletic and aesthetic aspects of the sport.  He wants to know and act in the sport all the way to the top levels.  I can see him in the future being a real power in the ISU and other skating organizations, and not just as window-dressing.  Beneath Yuzu's charm and affability is a first-class politician, a person who strategizes carefully to attain the aims he wants.  I don't think he'll ever enter conventional politics but I can see him becoming a major force in the politics of figure skating and perhaps in sports in general.  He already knows close at hand that figure skating is not the only sport around, as his father was at one time a baseball player (at what level I don't know but Kurt Browning says, after playing some catch with him one day, that Yuzu can really throw a ball), which gives him the perspective to see situations in sport from a vantage point where figure skating is part of the picture rather than the whole picture.

Another point I would make is the rationale of the upcoming ice show.  Yuzu seems to be making of it a sort of retrospective not merely of what and whom have influenced him but I think he's also taking the enforced clamp on his training to make an assessment of himself and decide what's next and where does he see the rest of his life going.  He's also using it to mark a major point in his biography, to formally begin the next chapter.  Up to now his life has been defined by before the earthquake and after it.  Now he's added a new dividing line, signified by the injury and the 2nd Olympic victory, using those to frame his actions to come, clearly labeling now as the beginning of the next chapter.  When Chapter 4 begins in the distant future, I cannot say.  I don't even think Yuzu can say either.

I can't agree more. Seems we've been concentrating on the same aspects of him as a person. I am so impressed by him. I, too, heard that interview where he talked about applying his degree to figure skating. And I'm absolutely certain he will be a -- if not THE -- power behind ISU in the years to come. All across the world, his fellow skaters are already calling him their King. 

By the way, I only have a lowly BA in creative writing (special degree at Lesley University,) but I've won a few screenwriting kudos (nothing produced yet.) The biggest was first in my category at Filmmakers International Screenwriting contest.  

5 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Although the purple outfit was an atrocity, i'd love for him to bring back Let's go crazy. I don't think he skated this program completely clean even once (correct me if i'm wrong) and would love for him to revamp it and conquer it completely.

The purple outfit was life. I refuse this slander

4 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

WHAT SACRILEGE! The purple outfit was fantastic! And it displayed his ass-ets PERFECTLY!

10 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

This is a personal attack. You’ve insulted my favorite costume  

14 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

:banned1-smiley:

The holy PPOS is life 

4 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

recycling is good for the environment and there's a chance for him to do it perfectly

I come from a country that has like the most insane recycling rate in the entire universe :rofl: excuse me if I have to draw a line somewhere. I'm fine with him having one imperfection if it means that I get to see three new programs (yeah I'm selfish that way. I'll go recycle myself. I'm pretty sure we have a bin for that :P)