General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

OT

Re: “Kiss and Cry” manga

The artist has redrawn it for publication and the style looks quite different.

ETA

It looks like the publisher told them to make it more appealing to boys so it’s more jokey and blokey. :/ Hanyu poses and spins are gone, too.

Booooooooooooooooooo!!!! Booo this publisher!

OT

ETA

It looks like the publisher told them to make it more appealing to boys so it’s more jokey and blokey. :/ Hanyu poses and spins are gone, too.

Tbh I don't care what they do or change from Hanyu's look-a-like or routines as long as they cover the sport realistically and it doesn't turn into magical abilities like Kuroko no Basket.

Showing how hard the sport is, as well as the artistic/music side, would do much for Hanyu and highlight his genius and hard work (and make boys understand why figure skating is hard and beautiful). Like, I don't want the protagonist to suddenly reclaim his skills like nothing or learn new jumps (like 4lz and 4lo) like its nothing.

OT

ETA

honestly, whenever there’s an attempt at making fs appealing to boys by totally denouncing associations with femininity and trying to frame it in a macho way instead... it’s so off putting and reeks of overcompensating. i’d rather they not try to get anyone interested at all if they’re gonna do it like that.

16 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Omg I can't :rofl: It's a ranking for celebrities who have super glowy, transparent and clear skin :13877886: Yuzu loses to no one, even in the skin department

Here's the list:

1. Yui Aragaki (Yuzu's celebrity crush :rofl:)

2. Kanna Hashimoto

3. Haruka Ayase

4. Yuzuru Hanyu

5. Mai Shiraishi

6. Alice Hirose

6. Haruka Igawa

6. Mei Nagano

9. Eri Fukatsu

10. Rena Nounen

He likes Yui :biggrin: ? Any idea where i can find the source 😁.I read quite a lot interviews and vids but couldnt find anything on this.Also Sorry im quite new here.

21 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hope someone can translate to English... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

basically its thanking the people who supported yuzu. yuzu being able to win even after such injuries feels like a miracle. as yuzu says, being able to hold on for the last jump is thanks to everyone's power. if even we could feel the immense energy pushing him on, it's definitely even stronger by yuzu's side. countless of people cheering for him in the venue and on tv. Words can't express how grateful we feel. thank you for your support. nothing makes us happier than yuzu saying, this is the starting point of my life, I will work hard to be someone worthy of the OGM. hoping he will never forgets this, and continues to live a humble honest life. he is currently just 23, please continue to warmly support him. Wishing everyone stays healthy and at the same time,thank you. 

very very rough translation sorry

25 分, kaerythさんが言いました:

Hope someone can translate to English... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I've just tried, the nuance was a little difficult for me to translate since his grandparents' wording were so polite.

The season of cherry blossoms has come to Sendai. We hope all is well with you. Since the Olympic Games, the days passed so quickly that we were late to say thank you. We appreciate your continued warm support for our grandson, Yuzuru. For us, this award (gold medal) was only a miracle because he had been injured just before the game. He himself has also said, but (we also feel) it was nothing but the power of cheering from everyone helped him not to fall in the end (of the program). At that time, even us who were cheering at the venue felt something great power, so it probably reached him more strongly. Hoping for his resurrection, how many people gave him great encouragement at the venue or through TV...we can not thank you enough no matter how much we appreciate it. Thank you very much. Now, quietly looking back, we are most pleased not only to see the consecutive victories, but also Yuzuru said, "This is the start line of my life, and I want to make an effort to be a human being suitable for the gold medalist." As his grandparents, we could not be happier for his words. We can not help hoping for him to live a life humbly and sincerely without forgetting these words. However, he is still 23 years old, still immature. Please watch over us warmly and strictly. We pray for all your health, and this is a quick note to thank you. On a fine day in March.

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Tbh I don't care what they do or change from Hanyu's look-a-like or routines as long as they cover the sport realistically and it doesn't turn into magical abilities like Kuroko no Basket.

Showing how hard the sport is, as well as the artistic/music side, would do much for Hanyu and highlight his genius and hard work (and make boys understand why figure skating is hard and beautiful). Like, I don't want the protagonist to suddenly reclaim his skills like nothing or learn new jumps (like 4lz and 4lo) like its nothing.

I care because it captured so brilliantly both his grace and ferocity. You can tell the author was inspired by Hanyu to begin with and to take that inspiration away reduces the impact of the art. What it's been replaced with is... odd. Interesting but odd. As for the story, they've even taken out a reference to Leonardo Di Caprio, replaced it with boxing imagery, and made sure the main character clearly proclaims his interest in "manly clothing." :facepalm: What a wasted opportunity. I should have known it was too good to be true. Why couldn't they have just pitched it to a girls' publication instead? Oh well, at least they were kind enough to publish the original online for free.