General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

We did see him practice.

Honestly though - I bring back my proposition of the Sex Bomb tribute. Because we did see him intently observing and taking notes during that ice show practice.

-_- nyo.

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

When was this exchange?!

ETA Says right there. August last year. O_O Fak.

3 minutes ago, Floria said:

Do my eyes deceive me? Three years...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

3 years, as of August last year, before the injury. :13877886: Though at the same time he was talking about continuing competing in his late 20s so what's going on there. I'm just not going to listen to any more anything. I can't stand the up and down up and down. I just want someone to tell me "Yes, you still have time to see him compete with your own eyes" so I can sleep.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

3 years, as of August last year, before the injury. :13877886: Though at the same time he was talking about continuing competing in his late 20s so what's going on there. I'm just not going to listen to any more anything. I can't stand the up and down up and down. I just want someone to tell me "Yes, you still have time to see him compete with your own eyes" so I can sleep.

This is to convince both of us. Yes, we still have some time to see him compete with our own eyes. :snonegai:

hace 1 minuto , SparkleSalad said:

3 years, as of August last year, before the injury. :13877886: Thought at the same time he was talking about continuing competing in his late 20s so what's going on there. I'm just not going to listen to any more anything. I can't stand the up and down up and down. I just want someone to tell me "Yes, you still have time to see him compete with your own eyes" so I can sleep.

Unless I understood it wrong this tweet and him willing to compete in his late 20s kind of match. 23+3=26. 

39 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I know Yuzu's goal is the 4A, and he says it's his only motivation, but I'd love if he could find new motivation in finding ways to push the new incoming scoring system like he did with the current one. Really, I imagine his 3A could become the first (and only?) jump to ever receive +5 GOE, depending on how they organize the bullet points for the new scale. 

That would be amazing!! Imagine a 3A with +5 GOE! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Brian said earlier in an interview that Yuzuru will find new motivations to continue skating (along with his genuine love for the sport) and that he'll be there at the TCC for Yuzuru no matter what he decides to do. Talking about the 4A is interesting/exciting but kind of scares me with Yuzu's crazy ambition to reach new heights right after he won his second gold medal. Just looking forward to new and fresh programs/costumes if he continues next season after his ankle heals! 

I think setting a deadline would get him into that frantic mood again. "Ok, I have to achieve this, this and this by then." So I'd rather he doesn't decide on one. If come 2022 he'll still be competing and in good shape, sure, why not? Nothing to lose, right? If not, not.

Honestly, I think he'll stop when he won't feel good doing it anymore, be it because of pain or injuries, or not having fun anymore. Why stop before that, anyway?

That could be tomorrow, or next year, or in 3 years, or in 4 years, or in 5, 6, 7 years.

Obviously, I'm hoping it won't be any time soon, BUT I don't expect him to ever say: I will definitely retire in 2 years, 3 months and 25 days. Because he had no reason to think that far ahead. He'll probably take it day by day, competition by competition and analyze how he feels after each of them.