General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Xen said:

But that's why I love Zu's 3F. There's a very significant "out of nowhere" quality to it. Hmm, after watching a program a couple of times, I can usually tell when his jumps are coming. But the 3F-usually I still get the timing just slightly off. It's so well integrated into the choreography, blink and you miss it, it feels like he can yolo it. His entire "my jumps are transitions" line I think most easily applies to his 3A and his 3F.

Oh I agree, it blends beautifully into the choreo and there's basically no preparation going into it. Maybe I shouldn't blame commentators for not being able to do a whole runthrough in their heads, they haven't watched it a few hundred times, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh I agree, it blends beautifully into the choreo and there's basically no preparation going into it. Maybe I shouldn't blame commentators for not being able to do a whole runthrough in their heads, they haven't watched it a few hundred times, I suppose.

They have a hard enough time remembering the pronunciation of his name let alone his layout!

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Well they haven't watched it a couple hundred times for starters.

As for the Axels, well apparently the current Empress 3A is from a very very distinguished family that is very picky about which emperors they serve. In fact, the women of that family have especially eluded the pursuit of many emperors, kings and queens alike who ask for their aid. Looking at the recent lady, she has refused to aid many a men and would be kings. A serious tease too.

I think @Yatagarasu and @Fay would be interesting, I'm far less technical. I am very quiet when watching, and you won't hear anything other than "Oh...that's beautiful" once in a while.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Well they haven't watched it a couple hundred times for starters.

As for the Axels, well apparently the current Empress 3A is from a very very distinguished family that is very picky about which emperors they serve. In fact, the women of that family have especially eluded the pursuit of many emperors, kings and queens alike who ask for their aid. Looking at the recent lady, she has refused to aid many a men and would be kings. A serious tease too.

But she is also compassionate and occasionally shows favour to those not considered as powerful. As if making a point after deserting the emperors, kings and queens with great alliances backing them.

hace 6 minutos , SparkleSalad said:

They have a hard enough time remembering the pronunciation of his name let alone his layout!

Nobody knows his layout better than his fans. When he finally landed CoD in Helsinki the arena went crazy, it is evident even in the broadcast that people were waiting for it.

Tbh I'd like to hear more often praises for "3F out of nowhere", most of the times commentators barely bother to even say "3F", as if there wasn't anything special about the jump :dry:

Also,  I love that Yuzu jumps it right in front of judges, he doesn't try to hide it in a corner. That's how much confidence he has in his 3F (and its stubborn edge :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:)

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Tbh I'd like to hear more often praises for "3F out of nowhere", most of the times commentators barely bother to even say "3F", as if there wasn't anything special about the jump :dry:

Also,  I love that Yuzu jumps it right in front of judges, he doesn't try to hide it in a corner. That's how much confidence he has in his 3F (and its stubborn edge :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:)

*sigh* He really doesn't give any excuses at all to ding him for anything, does he, when he goes clean! *squish levels skyrocketing*

7 minutes ago, Floria said:

Nobody knows his layout better than his fans. When he finally landed CoD in Helsinki the arena went crazy, it is evident even in the broadcast that people were waiting for it.

(Add Ambesi & Dolfini, they were holding their breaths for that combo just like us:laughing:

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think @Yatagarasu and @Fay would be interesting, I'm far less technical. I am very quiet when watching, and you won't hear anything other than "Oh...that's beautiful" once in a while.

A planet commentary team! Not that we don't kind of already have it during streaming. I still rely on Fay's quick summaries after each skate. (I feel a real sense of accomplishment when my perceptions of UR and wrong edges are confirmed by them! :laughing: )

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

I recommend the real xmonster tumblr if you really want to procrastinate. :PI'm not a good person at all.

I've already followed that account apparently. I've already read through all available resources and watched all videos a few times. I've already back-tracked all possible forums too. That's why I've run out of materials. 

3 minutes ago, ThiriYuzu said:

I've already followed that account apparently. I've already read through all available resources and watched all videos a few times. I've already back-tracked all possible forums too. That's why I've run out of materials. 

Have you read all of Gladi's translations yet?