General Yuzuru Chat

On 5/3/2023 at 3:48 AM, Anni said:

Another translations

Tetsuko: "Ehhh somehow you look much younger"

Yes, Yuzu does not age.:wink2:

Yuzu als actor

[NEWS]

It’s true Yuzu looks so much younger than he is, if I didn’t already know his age I would guess maximum 25 

On 4/30/2017 at 9:21 PM, Yoa said:

Sometimes it takes me a lot of time to write a post because I don't know how to word some things in English :) But when you're not confident in your English, just remember that Yuzu trains in Toronto and his coaches understand him even with his imperfect English :p

I know this is old, but it is still so valid, the quality of your English doesn’t matter, what matters is your love for Yuzu.

29 minutes ago, Btsevinho said:

I would love an audiobook with his voice 😍😍

Hi Btsevinho, most orthodontists or dentists would have notised Yuzu has a missing lower incisor. From his young photos, his malocclusion was diagnosed as Class II division 1 with crowding in both upper and lower arches (that's partly contributed to his lisping as well). He also has skeletal problems

(his upper and lower jaws are imbalance). His lower jaw (mandible) is in fact retruded (set back) and his pogonion is not prominent giving it an impression that his chin point is missing.Luckily, his Skeletal II problems ( jaw problems) is not that bad. He has 2 options for treating his malocclusion: ( I don't know which one he actually had) 

1) use Functional appliances ( to improve the jaw imbalance while patient is growing) and straightening the crowded teeth with braces later. In this case, Yuzu will need extraction of some teeth to straighten his crowded teeth and sort out the residual overjet if there is. This is what we called 2 phase treatment and takes a longer time than one phase treatment ( braces or functional appliances alone). Which teeth to extract will depend on the condition of the teeth, the degree of crowding and how bad is his overjet ( how severe the upper teeth sticks out measured in milimetres), the location of the crowding and the duration of treatment required ( some opt for quicker treatment but end up with less ideal post treatment tooth position)

2) or Just use fixed braces alone to straighten the crowded teeth and accepting the imbalance jaw position which will sacrifice the profile aesthetic (the lower jaw kind of look retruded even with straight teeth after treatment).Cant grow the pogonion as it's a bony part of chin unless you do chin augmentation by surgery with artificial bone, animal bone or donor bone. Will definitely require extractions of teeth in upper and lower arches. Normally, 2 upper premolars and 2 lower premolars will be extracted for alignment of crowded teeth ( head gear,  palatal or lingual arch may be required if overjet is large and severe crowding exist). In certain situation, extraction of 2 upper premolars ( need to lose teeth to bring in stick out upper teeth and relieve of upper crowding) and  extraction of a lower incisor is required if lower crowding is not too bad and some proclination of lower incisors is allowed ( as it provides spaces for aligning lower teeth). But post treatment results will not be ideal:

a) Upper and lower dental centrelines will never be coincident anymore because 4 upper incisors against 3 lower incisors (when keeping teeth together or we called in occlusion). I have always  intrigue when I first saw Yuzu's close up photos few years back. I notised both his lower canines on each side (canines are darker in colour i.e. more yellowish than incisors and their tips are more pointed) and yet there are only 3 lower incisors in between both canines ( there should be 4 lower incisors). I then knew Yuzu has an incisor extracted for aligning his crowded lower anterior teeth and his upper and lower dental centrelines are off ( not coincident). It's very difficult to tell which lower incisor has been extracted (either lower right or left central or lateral incisor unless I can check his lower labial fraenum and the sizes of the central and lateral incisors - central incisor is usually smaller than the lateral). His buccal occlusion on both sides (left and right) are not fully interdigitated (ends on) which is quite obvious (from photos of side views of his back teeth) 

Anyway, Yuzu is handsome🥰 He has nice smile and healthy teeth.... who cares about him having dental  centrelines or buccal occlusion being off ...it's only noticeable by dental professionals which I don't really care🤪

38 minutes ago, LAY said:

Hi Btsevinho, most orthodontists or dentists would have notised Yuzu has a missing lower incisor. From his young photos, his malocclusion was diagnosed as Class II division 1 with crowding in both upper and lower arches (that's partly contributed to his lisping as well). He also has skeletal problems

(his upper and lower jaws are imbalance). His lower jaw (mandible) is in fact retruded (set back) and his pogonion is not prominent giving it an impression that his chin point is missing.Luckily, his Skeletal II problems ( jaw problems) is not that bad. He has 2 options for treating his malocclusion: ( I don't know which one he actually had) 

1) use Functional appliances ( to improve the jaw imbalance while patient is growing) and straightening the crowded teeth with braces later. In this case, Yuzu will need extraction of some teeth to straighten his crowded teeth and sort out the residual overjet if there is. This is what we called 2 phase treatment and takes a longer time than one phase treatment ( braces or functional appliances alone). Which teeth to extract will depend on the condition of the teeth, the degree of crowding and how bad is his overjet ( how severe the upper teeth sticks out measured in milimetres), the location of the crowding and the duration of treatment required ( some opt for quicker treatment but end up with less ideal post treatment tooth position)

2) or Just use fixed braces alone to straighten the crowded teeth and accepting the imbalance jaw position which will sacrifice the profile aesthetic (the lower jaw kind of look retruded even with straight teeth after treatment).Cant grow the pogonion as it's a bony part of chin unless you do chin augmentation by surgery with artificial bone, animal bone or donor bone. Will definitely require extractions of teeth in upper and lower arches. Normally, 2 upper premolars and 2 lower premolars will be extracted for alignment of crowded teeth ( head gear,  palatal or lingual arch may be required if overjet is large and severe crowding exist). In certain situation, extraction of 2 upper premolars ( need to lose teeth to bring in stick out upper teeth and relieve of upper crowding) and  extraction of a lower incisor is required if lower crowding is not too bad and some proclination of lower incisors is allowed ( as it provides spaces for aligning lower teeth). But post treatment results will not be ideal:

a) Upper and lower dental centrelines will never be coincident anymore because 4 upper incisors against 3 lower incisors (when keeping teeth together or we called in occlusion). I have always  intrigue when I first saw Yuzu's close up photos few years back. I notised both his lower canines on each side (canines are darker in colour i.e. more yellowish than incisors and their tips are more pointed) and yet there are only 3 lower incisors in between both canines ( there should be 4 lower incisors). I then knew Yuzu has an incisor extracted for aligning his crowded lower anterior teeth and his upper and lower dental centrelines are off ( not coincident). It's very difficult to tell which lower incisor has been extracted (either lower right or left central or lateral incisor unless I can check his lower labial fraenum and the sizes of the central and lateral incisors - central incisor is usually smaller than the lateral). His buccal occlusion on both sides (left and right) are not fully interdigitated (ends on) which is quite obvious (from photos of side views of his back teeth) 

Anyway, Yuzu is handsome🥰 He has nice smile and healthy teeth.... who cares about him having dental  centrelines or buccal occlusion being off ...it's only noticeable by dental professionals which I don't really care🤪

From the photo that included in the link that you posted:

It's the first time that I get to see a real close up picture of Yuzu's upper and lower teeth from molar to molar.

Thank you for that photo😊

Somebody has labelled Yuzu's teeth from lower right side to left side 54321 1?345, 2 is missing from lower left meaning lower left lateral incisor has been extracted. I do agreed with this finding. 11 look similar in size and they are lower right and left central incisors. The lower dental centreline has shifted to left side because of the extracted lateral incisor (2). Yuzu is lucky as it's the lower centreline shift not the upper one and is not too obvious. There is a slight overlapping of his lower right lateral incisor which we called relapse. He needs to be careful as there is a risk of recrowding (getting worse)of his 3 lower incisors which will affect the alignment of his upper front teeth in future. Well, hope he wears his retainer appropriately and go for regular check up. I always tell my patients retention is lifelong... unfortunately, not many listened...lol. Fixed retainers ( wire glued on inner / lingual / palatal side of teeth) are nightmare if there is distortion of retainer wire which can become active and move teeth. This is called inadvertent tooth movement. Moved teeth can become loose because of resorption of alveolar bone support of teeth and are disastrous 😱 Whoever have fixed retainers is advised to get regular check up with orthodontist.

Tom cruise's facial midline and upper dental centreline are not coincident. His upper dental centreline shifted to left side because he has a missing upper left lateral incisor. This shift is pretty obvious because it involves the upper teeth. You can Google Tom cruise teeth and the red line in the image indicates the upper dental centreline shifted to the left side.

I apologised if you have to put up with my long essay....

From a retired orthodontist 🤪

23 hours ago, Perelandra said:

In the cast bio on ImDB, the photo image used for Yuzu is from PC Olys with the Gold Medal

Yuzu plays the character of Date Shigemura

Yes, Yuzu played the part of Date Shigemura, the young daimyo of the Tohoku region from the mid to late 1700s.

Date Masamune was Shigemura’s more famous ancestor who reigned almost 200 years before Shigemura. Masamune was a legendary warrior and leader who founded the modern-day city of Sendai. He was much feared by his enemies and was nicknamed the “One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu” because he was missing an eye which was covered with a patch. He apparently cut his own eye out because it was useless and he found it disgusting.

Yuzu could probably play the part of Masamune if he put on his ‘hate-to-lose’ killer look. He would probably look good with an eye patch and one eye glaring.

3 hours ago, LAY said:

From the photo that included in the link that you posted:

It's the first time that I get to see a real close up picture of Yuzu's upper and lower teeth from molar to molar.

Thank you for that photo😊

Somebody has labelled Yuzu's teeth from lower right side to left side 54321 1?345, 2 is missing from lower left meaning lower left lateral incisor has been extracted. I do agreed with this finding. 11 look similar in size and they are lower right and left central incisors. The lower dental centreline has shifted to left side because of the extracted lateral incisor (2). Yuzu is lucky as it's the lower centreline shift not the upper one and is not too obvious. There is a slight overlapping of his lower right lateral incisor which we called relapse. He needs to be careful as there is a risk of recrowding (getting worse)of his 3 lower incisors which will affect the alignment of his upper front teeth in future. Well, hope he wears his retainer appropriately and go for regular check up. I always tell my patients retention is lifelong... unfortunately, not many listened...lol. Fixed retainers ( wire glued on inner / lingual / palatal side of teeth) are nightmare if there is distortion of retainer wire which can become active and move teeth. This is called inadvertent tooth movement. Moved teeth can become loose because of resorption of alveolar bone support of teeth and are disastrous 😱 Whoever have fixed retainers is advised to get regular check up with orthodontist.

Tom cruise's facial midline and upper dental centreline are not coincident. His upper dental centreline shifted to left side because he has a missing upper left lateral incisor. This shift is pretty obvious because it involves the upper teeth. You can Google Tom cruise teeth and the red line in the image indicates the upper dental centreline shifted to the left side.

I apologised if you have to put up with my long essay....

From a retired orthodontist 🤪

Thank you for explaining! You’re right, I don’t care about his teeth, he’s perfect the way he is!

18 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yes, Yuzu played the part of Date Shigemura, the young daimyo of the Tohoku region from the mid to late 1700s.

Date Masamune was Shigemura’s more famous ancestor who reigned almost 200 years before Shigemura. Masamune was a legendary warrior and leader who founded the modern-day city of Sendai. He was much feared by his enemies and was nicknamed the “One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu” because he was missing an eye which was covered with a patch. He apparently cut his own eye out because it was useless and he found it disgusting.

Yuzu could probably play the part of Masamune if he put on his ‘hate-to-lose’ killer look. He would probably look good with an eye patch and one eye glaring.

Haha you'd never guess I have actually seen the film, naming the wrong Date on here (I just googled Date Lord of Sendai lol as I couldn't remember the family name/surname EDIT: this should say the first name lol - I am a bit stupid sometimes arrgh!). Anyway I saw it in 2018 on a flight from Helsinki to Narita Airport (Finnair - they served lovely complimentary blueberry juice on board!).  The film is so good! It was really funny, unexpectedly so - Yuzu's part was small and didn't stick in my memory apart from his very boy-like sounding voice and acting lol!! He was so young too. He still looked very lovely, even with a bald head!

anyway thanks for the corrections @Perelandraand @Geo1 I must do my research more carefully!!

9 hours ago, Pammi said:

Haha you'd never guess I have actually seen the film, naming the wrong Date on here (I just googled Date Lord of Sendai lol as I couldn't remember the family name/surname). Anyway I saw it in 2018 on a flight from Helsinki to Narita Airport (Finnair - they served lovely complimentary blueberry juice on board!).  The film is so good! It was really funny, unexpectedly so - Yuzu's part was small and didn't stick in my memory apart from his very boy-like sounding voice and acting lol!! He was so young too. He still looked very lovely, even with a bald head!

anyway thanks for the corrections @Perelandraand @Geo1 I must do my research more carefully!!

Maybe you were just focussed on Date Masamune because of Neko Masamune and also visiting the shrine in Sendai which is dedicated to Masamune the first lord of Sendai with all of the dragon statues. 

Date was the clan name for the lords or Daimyo of the region around Sendai. Not sure if the historical clan territory equates exactly with modern regional or prefectural boundaries. Maybe someone can enlighten us on this. Similar to the ancient Kingdom of Mercia from Anglo Saxon history does not have a modern day location. 

When you saw the film 'The Magnificent Nine' were English sub titles available ? I have only seen the Yuzu clips and the making of footage with Yuzu. Yuzu twirling and laughing being most notable behind the scenes footage.