General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, SaluYuzu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My own frustration has nothing to do with dichotomy of solo vs. group show. I'd love to see Yuzu interacting with his friends both from FS and other circles, but I am deeply confused and upset to see him being part of an ice show with a very tarnished brand backed by questionable sponsors, not to even mention the JSF connection. I don't think at this point of his life he is desperate for the money nor that particular ice show experience. There must be reasons I don't see and I do trust he knows what he is doing. I still can't help feeling puzzled why he wants to share stage with .... those clowns...

Spoiler

I also hate the association and I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes - that's why I'm saying enjoy what you can see. We will probably never be made aware of what goes on behind the courtain

19 minutes ago, LiaRy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I also hate the association and I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes - that's why I'm saying enjoy what you can see. We will probably never be made aware of what goes on behind the courtain

Spoiler

That's why part of me is genuinely concerned that the decision could be made under duress. There is so much politics behind the scene and people and organizations can get very dirty and nasty when threatened. I do hope I am wrong. But then why do they have to bring Instagram boy to the Japan tour? Yuzu's presence is enough to more than fill all the seats.    

1 minute ago, SaluYuzu said:
  Hide contents

That's why part of me is genuinely concerned that the decision could be made under duress. There are so much politics behind the scene and people and organizations can get very dirty and nasty when threatened. I do hope I am wrong. But then why do they have to bring Instagram boy to the Japan tour? Yuzu's presence is enough to more than fill all the seats.    

Spoiler

SOI's cast is generally made by the current "top", "popular" skaters (those that are considered so by certain feds), I'm not surprised he's involved. Am I surprised Yuzu will be there, too? YES! But I want to see where this is going. Again, new ground for Yuzu as pro, he hasn't been in SOI in forever prior to 2021. I will refrain from judging until I see the end result and maybe even until when the next batch of ice shows are announced - my bet is that Yuzu is "scouting" the shows, sees what works, what doesn't. It may help in the future years of his pro career, we never know.

1 minute ago, LiaRy said:
  Hide contents

SOI's cast is generally made by the current "top", "popular" skaters (those that are considered so by certain feds), I'm not surprised he's involved. Am I surprised Yuzu will be there, too? YES! But I want to see where this is going. Again, new ground for Yuzu as pro, he hasn't been in SOI in forever prior to 2021. I will refrain from judging until I see the end result and maybe even until when the next batch of ice shows are announced - my bet is that Yuzu is "scouting" the shows, sees what works, what doesn't. It may help in the future years of his pro career, we never know.

I like your positive line of thinking and wish from the bottom of my heart that's all what's actually happening. I am a worst case scenario type of person and I care about Yuzu too much not to feel worried when inexplicable things like this happen.  

1 hour ago, SaluYuzu said:

I like your positive line of thinking and wish from the bottom of my heart that's all what's actually happening. I am a worst case scenario type of person and I care about Yuzu too much not to feel worried when inexplicable things like this happen.  

We all want what's best for Yuzu, but we don't know what's best for him. All we can do is sit down (or stand up to cheer) and support him. Be there when he succeeds and be there, too, if he fails. For me, that's part of what being a Fanyu means

1 minute ago, LiaRy said:

We all want what's best for Yuzu, but we don't know what's best for him. All we can do is sit down (or stand up to cheer) and support him. Be there when he succees and be there, too, if he fails. For me, that's part of what being a Fanyu means

I also want badly to protect him from the evil forces in the world. We failed in the past and I'm feeling clueless and powerless now .... 

Spoiler

The timing of this announcement is kinda annoying I have to say. We should focus on GIFT and worry about everything else later.

GIFT is literally happening this week😭😭how crazy is that

i don’t think anyone has posted this here yet but miya has kept the branch yuzu have him🥺

4 hours ago, YuDai said:
  Hide contents

I don't think so, he just said he's "never going to give up on 4A". Though I don't know when he'll have time to practice it with all these ice shows :confused:

Spoiler

Consider the possibility that Yuzu will use this chance to examine Ilia's 4A closely and see if there's anything there that's useful

9 minutes ago, isabelfm said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The timing of this announcement is kinda annoying I have to say. We should focus on GIFT and worry about everything else later.

GIFT is literally happening this week😭😭how crazy is that

Spoiler

Kind of funny that Yuzu hasn't rt-ed/qt-ed anything yet, unless I missed it - so we are doing the switch-focus, not him, hehe

I'm so excited, but also worried about 1000000 things that could go wrong with the connection

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Consider the possibility that Yuzu will use this chance to examine Ilia's 4A closely and see if there's anything there that's useful

Spoiler

Petty heart speaking: Ilia will probably be so overwhelmed with emotions (idk nor care what kind of emotions) that he'll probably mess up the 4A in front of Yuzu. I don't want him to get hurt, though. Popped 4A or UR or bad take-off, idc, IM would struggle a bit

SO - GIFT!!!

I can't find the tweet right now nor have I seen it posted here (may have overlooked). There's no need for phone number to purchase the GIFT tickets. Someone received a reply from KKTIX. So those who had trouble getting their phone number verified, all's good, GIFT global stream tickets are available without that.

Regarding the news about SOI, I'm very surprised, too. I didn't expect that. I understand why some fans are concerned. First and foremost, Yuzu is a professional and his objectives are his own. If he thinks this is the best way to move his career forward and have some fun, then so be it. By the way, I'm sure his pay check for these shows is more than juicy. I myself hope Yuzu gets enough rest in between his very hectic schedule and takes care of himself properly, on a physical as well as emotional and spiritual level.

As to his decision to join SOI, all I want to say is that Yuzu is a mature, discerning, smart, and highly confident professional who now knows more than ever how popular and valuable he is. His success as a professional skater is absolutely unprecedented and he is doing and achieving things on a level that was unthinkable before.

He knows what he is doing. Only he knows what he wants to achieve and how he wants his career to progress. Only he knows what is the best for him. So, I trust him to make the best decisions for himself.

I think being in shows like SOI or FaOI will be easy, enjoyable work for him. After having done so much background work and covering so many bases as a strategist, producer, and organizer on top of being a performer, just being able to skate in a couple of shows without having to worry about a huge amount of planning and organizing is probably quite a relief. I just hope he enjoys the shows and has tons of fun. He might even come up with something new and wild like Blinding Lights.  :dancingpooh:

Regarding the rather unpleasant issues, well, if Yuzu decided that he can live with those and the advantages are great enough that he decided to participate, then we shouldn't overthink in this regard, either. The truth is, he has now become an icon who is much bigger than figure skating itself. He is above all this pettiness.