General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, isabelfm said:

NEW ICE SHOW!! 10 - 12 of March 2023 in Sekisui Heim Super Arena

[NEWS]

I'm shocked :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: So I guess the rumours were right...How lovely, but so soon after Gift? Must be exhausting. 28 year old Swanyu looks so beautiful, I can't tear my eyes away from him.

Spoiler

Also, I noticed there's a tiny hiragana for "a" on his chest, is that meaningful? Or an accident?

Edit. seems like other skaters are also invited (from abroad, too): https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2023/01/09/kiji/20230109s00079000202000c.html

Quick translation of the messsage on the Notte Stellata website

‘Notte Stellata’ means ‘starry night’ in Italian. 

On 3.11 2011, during the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake Disaster, Yuzuru Hanyu - who experienced the disaster in Sendai, Miyagi - headed with his family towards the evacuation shelter. 

Collapsed buildings, burst water pipes… what he saw of his hometown on the way to the centre was a completely changed hometown.

In the midst of despair, he looked up at the sky. 

There, shining, was a sky full of stars. 

In the power outage caused by the earthquake, unobstructed by the glow of street lights, the beautiful and normally unseen stars shone brightly. 

The beautiful sky of glittering stars - that felt to Hanyu like the ‘light of hope’. 

The title of this show is ‘notte stellata’. 

Like the starry sky that shone on the day of the disaster, he has gathered the hope that [this show] can convey hope’, and be the catalyst for even a small smile on everyone’s faces. 

https://nottestellata.com/

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

I can't believe we have not one, but two different ice shows to look forward to and it's still only January :cheer: We're going to need a "2023 Ice Shows" section on PH soon~

Also, I finally got Twitter notifications for Yuzuru's official account again when he retweeted the notte stellata announcement. For the past couple of weeks, anything he tweeted/RT/QRT wouldn't appear in my "Notifications" tab, though I'd still get the push notifications on my phone. I saw many similar comments on Twitter who noticed the same issue. Seems like whatever problem there was with his account has now been resolved :happy:

23 minutes ago, SaluYuzu said:

What's JTB? So this time other skaters will be involved? I have a feeling it's going to be young skaters from the Tohoku region. We'll see... 

I read on twitter that other pro skaters will be announced (foreign too possibly)

The "secret" is finally out.:loveshower:

5 hours ago, axelsandwich said:

Quick translation of the messsage on the Notte Stellata website

‘Notte Stellata’ means ‘starry night’ in Italian. 

On 3.11 2011, during the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake Disaster, Yuzuru Hanyu - who experienced the disaster in Sendai, Miyagi - headed with his family towards the evacuation shelter. 

Collapsed buildings, burst water pipes… what he saw of his hometown on the way to the centre was a completely changed hometown.

In the midst of despair, he looked up at the sky. 

There, shining, was a sky full of stars. 

In the power outage caused by the earthquake, unobstructed by the glow of street lights, the beautiful and normally unseen stars shone brightly. 

The beautiful sky of glittering stars - that felt to Hanyu like the ‘light of hope’. 

The title of this show is ‘notte stellata’. 

Like the starry sky that shone on the day of the disaster, he has gathered the hope that [this show] can convey hope’, and be the catalyst for even a small smile on everyone’s faces. 

https://nottestellata.com/

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

Like the starry sky that shone on the day of the disaster, he has gathered the hope that [this show] can convey hope’, and be the catalyst for even a small smile on everyone’s faces."

Although the memories on this day are certainly still painful for him, he wants to convey hope to others.

:softyuzu:

And this are the official photographers at his Ice show 

[NEWS]

Yuzu is a light of hope and inspiration. He can really bring hope and tangible means of recovery to his region with his performance. 

In the cast section of the Notte Stellata site, there is a mention of professional skaters from around the world. Would be great to see some of the ice dance greats and some select singles skaters, in limited quantities of course. Yuzu is still the brightest star