General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Here is an article, with a lot of reading, on the Sendai ice rink and you will discover the famous mascot Irène / Nanami / Yuzu (of course)  :softyuzu: and on Sendai city and this is happening post 2018 Olympics https://yuzusorbet .tumblr.com/post/176016378127/my-sendai-holiday-april-2018-part-2-ice-rink   

7 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

The name of Yuzuru's home rink is "Ice Rink Sendai", which is shortened to "Ai-rin" in Japanese. (Japanese tend to shorten words/phrases with two syllables.) 

I suppose the name of the character "Irene" (ɑɪríːn / άɪ(ə)riːn) was selected because it sounds similar to "Ai-rin" :animated-smileys-hello-22:

Thank you very much to both! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

I have another question, now it's about Yuzu's 4 salchow... I saw this video about Nathan's and Yuzu's 4S as example of perfect execution, but on the comments some people said that Yuzu's take off is with two feet. Although I've never been a sporty person, that sounds weird or complicated to me, but I'm really lost when it comes to technique. Someone enlighten me? 

5 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I have another question, now it's about Yuzu's 4 salchow... I saw this video about Nathan's and Yuzu's 4S as example of perfect execution, but on the comments some people said that Yuzu's take off is with two feet. Although I've never been a sporty person, that sounds weird or complicated to me, but I'm really lost when it comes to technique. Someone enlighten me? 

The 4S is an edge jump, right?

The ppl who said that probably think Morisi‘s saltoe is the way to do it

31 minutes ago, Anabel said:

The take off of salchow is by left foot only, the position of right foot was on the ice but it's not helping the take off. 

40 minutes ago, Anabel said:

There are two different salchow techniques and the isu considers both as valid:

Yuzu uses the sweeping technique - the shape his legs create looks like ク
Nathan uses the scooping technique - the shape his legs create looks like  ハ 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

There are two commonly seen free leg positions for salchow take-off, one is more close to the take-off leg (left leg for Yuzu). Yuzu, Rika Kihira, Kamila Valieva, Javier Fernandez, Roman Sadovsky and many skaters use this method. The other position is to put the free leg more far away from the take-off leg. This method is adopted by Yuna Kim, Kaori Sakamoto, Michal Brezina and many others. 

Because the first method put the free leg closer to the take-off leg (which is believed to help skater enter the rotational position faster), so it seems like there are two feet on the ice before take-off, but in fact only the left leg is used to take-off. Hope it helps.

Just some random thoughts. Do not take me seriously, i am just incredibly bored at work haha
How about Ciontu II., but this time Yuzu invites all his favorite ice dancers and pairs and skates together with them? 
Male skaters can lift Yuzu to his heart's content, or even do some single or double throws
And with female skaters he can perform some cute choreographies like this

Spoiler

And invite Boyang and Nobu too, they always look ready to join any fun. 

When Yuzuru put the blade-cover on his right foot after his FS in Beijing, he said 『頑張ったね』 (“You’ve worked hard!”). He probably said those words to his right ankle which had been holding up so well until the very end.

I read somewhere that when Yuzu does those motions with his hands just before he skates (it looks sort of like making the sign of the cross) that he's actually taking a mental inventory of all of his body reminding himself where each part is required to do the skate, rather like telling each part of his body that 'it's showtime' so be ready.  Maybe here he's thanking his ankle for going beyond what duty requires.  After a skate he always bows to his coaches.  Unfortunately he can't bow to his ankle so he bends down and thanks it.