General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Origin 1.0 and 2.0 as per I said before lol. What I really like about the costumes were that they’re perfectly proportionate to his body. By that I mean most of his costumes made him look like he has a short torso and long legs, and that’s not a cute look in my opinion. It’s a very tricky length, the top. Make it short he’ll looks like he has a short torso, make it too long it’ll drape over the booty and not look natural - it emphasises the booty and not in a good way.

However I fully understand the colour also affect the illusion of the costume. The dark colours integrate beautifully with this pants, had it been other colours it might not have work. The exception to this is the Chopin costume, which I also like. I also like his Seimei & Tenchi costumes. I think those types of costumes are proportionately better and more flattering on him. He looks like a tall glass of water in them, as showcased by the new LMEY costume. 

As you can see I’m not a fan of the drapery, cabbagy, sea weedy or jelly fish costumes. And obviously not team trash bag pants. Why didn’t he use leather pants mystifies me, other skaters wear them just fine. Maybe it’s not comfortable for him? 

Special shout out to purple LGC because I can finally see every little detail of his costume. I can see clearly the construction, how it’s sewn, whether it’s a two piece or not, all the details I’ve missed previously. For example now I know Yuzuru uses boot cover in addition to the strap underneath to boot to make the illusion of a cohesive costume. The level of details he put in his costume is incredible. I honestly didn’t know before this, I thought just he just put on a black boot and black pants and called it a day.

We may have words lol! I like some of the more "flowy" costumes. Haru Yo Koi, i really love, he pulls off the pink well and it gives me celestial vibes. I do agree about how some lengths can give an impression of his torso being a bit short by comparison. 

You know my thoughts on Origin 1.0, so, I'll keep that buried lol.

TTCT and Seimei though...league of their own.

LMEY was a nice punk/rocker vibe from him, which totally trumped the purple pants of sin in LGC.

Hope and Legacy gets a lotta love from me though as it was the first everything for me with Yuzuru: watching him, music, costume...I'm a nostalgic person so..it's gotta be mentioned as first love even if not "best" costume.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:13 PM, Lynn487 said:

A bit random, but what's everyone's favorite comp to re-watch? My comfort comp is Skate Canada 2019 :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Suggestions would be appreciated! I've been a bit down and would like to watch some comps from happier times :-)

:YuzuPoohLove:

My favourite that I watch all the time is his Robbie Williams routine from world team trophy 2021. That axel save though 👌👌

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Posting it as it happens would probably shut the naysayers but Yuzu is not one of those kids constantly posting on social media about whatever that they do, isn't he? 

Now, for this footage, I don't think it's a coincidence that we get to see it after he has done a 4A that is to his satisfaction at some level.  

The point really is he can definitely get it fully rotated and nicely landed so sasuga, Yuzu :) 

now i know why he is so adamant to try it. he is SO close. and the rotation is without question.

Guest Mary_kyo

Waking up to a beautifully done 4A by Yuzu (albeit in harness). I'm kinda happy it is leaked because I always knew he could land it in practice. And I'm so selfish but I hope he continues this dream because he is the one who can definitely do it and deserves to be the first. Just with proper rest and no pressure.

Seeing the 4A like this made me a little bit more heartbroken about the Olys :sadPooh:

I try to remember that lots of athletes don’t perform as well in Olys for one reason or another, and figure skating has a lot of stories like this. 

The rotations are there, is getting the height that seems to be the key issue now. 

Who said he tried to do quints on a harness some years ago? 
If this guy releases a video like this of a quint this whole fandom will have a meltdown (paraphrasing someone else lol). 

Guest Mary_kyo

Btw, It’s so crazy how much his public attempts improved from WTT 2021 till Beijing 2022 though. All alone and by himself. I believe this is a jump that needs massive concentration and lots of space, so I understand why he chose to stay in Sendai. Practicing in harness might be useful in the beginning but in reality he has to achieve the height by himself and not with a help. No wonder the huge improvements, he is now relying on himself. He went from some random yeeting attempts in 2019 (after practicing in harness stage) to actually close to landing 4Aq in Beijing (after practicing without harness stage).

Wow, that 4a looks so great :clapping-smiley:

This is just me guessing but i think it is very likely it was recorded around worlds 2019?
I think so because of those banners for Gabrielle, Evgenia, Jason, Junhwan and Yuzu in the background.
Iirc, they hang up those banners before worlds to cheer on their skaters and i think worlds 2019 was the only competition all of these 5 skaters participated together. 
Evgenia did not train at TCC the season before 2018/2019 and the season later she did not qualify, Gabrielle stopped training at TCC after 2018/2019.

I wonder, will we ever see also his quints attempts in harness? I would like to so much :fingerscrossed:

5 時間前, yumeakiさんが言いました:

I am mentally filtering out the harness and treating this as a clean 4A out of harness. :animated-smileys-cheeky-041:

What a glorious jump.

6 時間前, Katさんが言いました:

We had a topic on favorite seasons...but after my back and forth on Origin costuming, I'm curious. What is your favorite Yuzuru costume?

While most of Yuzu's costumes are gorgeous, PC Seimei will always be number 1 to me for sentimental reasons.

:cri:

No, the release of the footage would not have been good had it been done at that time.

Yuzu is not the only skater capable of landing a 4A in harness, people. I remember Messing did it too, a little after PC (and the reactions that garnered). And while *we* can probably distinguish the quality or how much the harness is or is not helping him vs other skaters, it wouldn't matter. What it would do was invite ridicule. A jump in harness is a jump in harness, it is not enough to indicate whether it will be landed without the harness.

It doesn't invite ridicule now (not much anyway), precisely bcz we've all seen how close he was to landing it in comps.

An add-on from my last post. I sure hope TCC at least ask Yuzu’s permission with this release, cz this actually breaks a pattern. Footage of him landing 4Lz3T combo without harness existed years before he landed 4Lz in comps, and it wasn’t released until after he landed the 4Lz successfully in comps.

6 hours ago, Kat said:

We had a topic on favorite seasons...but after my back and forth on Origin costuming, I'm curious. What is your favorite Yuzuru costume?

Purple Origin 2.0. He looks so majestic in that color.

5 hours ago, liv said:

When was that 4a done? I don't think I've ever seen that footage... and that's proof it canbe done. More attempts in the harness leads to better attempts solo...

It seems he was landing it regularly in harness, so he had to move on to learning how to do it without the harness. He looks like he is so close to taming that beast, but he said he needs to work on it quite a bit more. I wish his ankle would hold up and allow him to continue training it, but I don't like how he's popping those pain killers. If he is risking his health for it, I'd rather he let it go and be satisfied that he got this far.

4 hours ago, gapil27 said:

... And obviously not team trash bag pants. Why didn’t he use leather pants mystifies me, other skaters wear them just fine. Maybe it’s not comfortable for him? ...

The top of his Masquerade costume was originally part leather, but he said it was too hot so he had it redone without the leather. I guess leather pants would also not be comfortable for him.