General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Kat said:

Do you want pics? I own the last one. I think the quality is good, but before committing to a purchase, if you want some example pages, im happy to share.

Im heading to work, but when I get home I can do it 😊. Another bonus are the nice pics of Yuzu thrown in lol

if you could share photos, that would awfully kind of you!

is paper smooth/glossy or more textured? how does it behave with fountain and gel pens?

23 minutes ago, kay said:

if you could share photos, that would awfully kind of you!

is paper smooth/glossy or more textured? how does it behave with fountain and gel pens?

I find the pages to be smooth. As far as gel pens, I dont often use those, so I"d need to rifle through my used pages to see. I know I used a gel pen on it before, but off the top of my head I cant recall exactly and dont want to steer you wrong. If I am recalling it right, however, it smudged a bit-but that may well have been my own error.

4 minutes ago, Kat said:

I find the pages to be smooth. As far as gel pens, I dont often use those, so I"d need to rifle through my used pages to see. I know I used a gel pen on it before, but off the top of my head I cant recall exactly and dont want to steer you wrong. If I am recalling it right, however, it smudged a bit-but that may well have been my own error.

thanks a lot! this gives me enough information already.

i use fountain pens most of the time, and i guess the diary won't fit my writing habits. 

well, more money to buy photo books, right? XD

56 minutes ago, Paskud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The problem is that ice shows are even less frequent than competitions and more likely to get cancelled because of covid.

Not to mention how access to them is heavily gatekeeped.

Spoiler

Well I was dreaming of more Continues tbh, Yuzu maybe having his own show (as well as attending others that are traditionally routinely on in Japan), making tickets available for international fans too...maybe taking it to China (more opportunities for international fans) and before the other day happened, I was thinking of Yuzuru maybe being part of ROI which Javi has been having towards the end of the year prior to covid..maybe not tho!! Whatever he does next, I really do hope we get chances to see him as a professional skater. I managed to get tickets for Continues through japanconcerttickets.com and was successful ordering from abroad. I did need a Japanese address for them to be sent to though - so it is possible but still a lottery. 

Here are some of my thoughts after reading Yuzu's interview. Regarding scoring, I'm sure Yuzu has known for years that he doesn't get the points he rightfully deserves according to the rules and that the system is against him. Nevertheless, he decided to carry on and keep competing despite the unfair scoring. But he changed his focus to his own goals, especially landing a 4A. Even when the pandemic started and he ended up without coaches, he still kept on chasing his own goals and delivering programs and performances that are simply a class of their own.

I think the time when he practiced all by himself in an empty rink was a very lonely and tough time for Yuzu. No matter how capable and self-sufficient you are, it's still important to have some kind of external input, a fresh point of view, and some companionship from time to time. I believe that the time period from Japanese Nationals to the Olympics was especially hard because Yuzu had committed to competing in another Olympics. And as he said himself, he committed himself to winning another gold medal with the help of the 4A as his weapon. I can imagine that the pressure from the outside world as well as from himself must've been enormous, crushing even. That's probably why he looked so tense and stressed when he arrived in Beijing.

We all know what happened then. Considering my own sorrow at the sheer unfairness of all this - with bad luck piled on top of injustice - I can't imagine the utter anguish, pain, and suffering Yuzu must've felt at the time. But being the unbelievably courageous person he is, he fought back and wrote sports history despite all odds against him by almost landing a 4A. And then he went back to the practice rink just a few days later to rediscover his love and joy for figure skating. That was the first time he looked happy and at ease since arriving in Beijing.

Yuzu said in the interview that being rewarded isn't everything in life and that he's still happy in the unrewarded present. He also said that he was happy to perform for other people. This might very well be the key moment in Yuzu's career in which he realized that his love for skating and performing is greater and more important than his desire to win competitions, more important than medals and titles.

Yuzu has always been extremely ambitious with a fierce desire to win. And he did achieve incredibly accomplishments and became a legend of figure skating. With fair scoring, he should've won even more competitions and hold more titles, but the corruption of the system is unfortunately the way it is. Yuzu can't change anything about it and neither can we. But what he can do is to skate and perform to his heart's content and show his incomparable skating to the world.

As I've already said before, what happened at these Olympics has shown that Yuzu is as loved and supported as always, in fact even more so. Despite not winning a medal, he has won many more fans and admirers and it has become clearer than ever that his fans don't love him because of his achievements and medals, but because of who he is, the way he skates and performs, and the way he makes us feel. This might very well be what freed him from the pressure of winning.

Yuzu always wants to give us his all and show us everything he can do. He doesn't want to disappoint people. But I hope that the love and support he's received showed him that he will never disappoint us and we'll love him no matter what. Perhaps, now that he's gone through hell and survived again, now that he's survived being off the podium for the first time in many, many years, he can let go of the burden of always having to win and really just focus on his love for skating and performing. I believe he still has so much more to show. He's only been getting better and better the last couple of years and I think he hasn't reached his peak yet. And this kind of freedom might very well enable him to soar even higher and shine even brighter than ever.

Of course everything depends on Yuzu's health and his own preferences, but I believe he will continue for a few more seasons. I think there's a certain thrill to competitions and being able to perform for a huge crowd during a competition. This kind of atmosphere is probably very different during ice shows, not to mention the lack of Pooh rains. And Yuzu definitely deserves a couple more huge Pooh rains before he decides to bow out.

No matter what he decides to do in the future, I will always support him. In fact, no matter what he chooses to do, it will always be a success regardless of corruption, manipulation, and fake hype from the ISU and feds. If he competes, the competitions will be sold out and the audiences will always support him the most and cheer for him the loudest. If he decides to retire and only do ice shows from now on, they will be sold out everywhere and the crowds will flock to where he is. In this sense, Yuzu will always be the winner.

6 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I think this should be the complete interview.

Now I just hope Yuzu gets some good rest, recovers soon, and finds comfort in the knowledge that he is loved and supported more than ever. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

Thank you so much for sharing. 

Am I misunderstanding here? "I still haven’t made up my mind clearly about anything, including my future.I’ll think about a lot of things and make an overall decision before deciding on the World Championships." like he is gonna decide about his future (not only worlds) before that competition? :scratch3:

Guest Mary_kyo

Proposals for ISU congress:

"Decrease components to only 3 categories - skating technique, composition and presentation"

Goodbye transitions, Hello empty programs. RIP FS. It's not that PCS was anything other than Political Corruption Scoring. Anyway, I wonder what Yuzu thinks about this very beautiful proposal pointing the gun directly to the head of FS and if it might affect his decision for continuing.  

2 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

"Decrease components to only 3 categories - skating technique, composition and presentation"

Goodbye transitions, Hello empty programs. RIP FS. It's not that PCS was anything other than Political Corruption Scoring. Anyway, I wonder what Yuzu thinks about this very beautiful proposal pointing the gun directly to the head of FS and if it might affect his decision for continuing.  

negativity warning, open at your own risk:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Program components need a revamp, but to get rid of "presentation" and add in more objective categories like speed, ice coverage, etc. (basically split out skating skills into more categories). 

3 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

In czech is figure skating "krasobruslení". If I should used translation of this czech word it would be "beautiful skating" because "kraso" is for beauty. In czech even name of sport says it is much more than jumping it is also about beauty at the ice. Well "great" ISU really work hard on make this sport unpopular and make it more difficult for athletes like Yuzu, but also other who understand this sport is not only jumping.

But anyway I believe in Yuzu :-). No matter what ISU brings Yuzu will always shine in any conditions.

4 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

Thank you so much for sharing. 

Am I misunderstanding here? "I still haven’t made up my mind clearly about anything, including my future.I’ll think about a lot of things and make an overall decision before deciding on the World Championships." like he is gonna decide about his future (not only worlds) before that competition? :scratch3:

I think Yuzu's thoughts and feelings were probably still very complicated after the gala. No wonder, considering what happened at the Olympics. He will certainly still need some time to process everything in peace. After some rest and time to reflect, he will probably have more clarity about what he wants to do in the future.

On top of all this, he has to get his ankle thoroughly checked and get the proper treatment for it. I still hope that it's not as bad as some other injuries he had before and that he recovers quickly. :smiley-angelic001:

I guess we will get some official statement about whether Yuzu will participate in Worlds or not in the next few weeks. As for what will happen afterward, who knows? But whatever he chooses to do, I hope he follows his heart and makes his decision based only on his own desires and preferences. :smiley-angelic001:

Interpretation should be yeeted from PCS too... I mean it's often quite obvious who has more interpretation than others but it's never judged correctly (and still, very subjective, people have different preferences) and so we shouldn't even give judges the lever to be corrupt. Just yeet it all.

PCS should be:

- Edge quality (probably measurable by software)

- Transitions (measurable by software)

- Speed (already measured) and ice coverage (already measured)

- Okay, we can squash composition and choreography into one - for well balanced programs, those little details, etc. 

Each category should be equally weighted. And they are often tradeoffs of each other -- if you have more transitions you usually have less speed. If you spend more time on deep edges (i.e. Patrick Chan) you won't have as many transitions either... but that's ok, they are judged equally. That's the beauty of diversity of styles and skills, rewarding skaters for their strengths. If you happen to have all of the above then give em all the points