General Yuzuru Chat

3 時間前, cereusさんが言いました:

Tenchi hit 2 mio views in just under a month. Roncapu not far behind with just over 30k to go.

Truly two programs that reward repeated views with more and more details to appreciate.

They are truly work of art. Audience was silent because of the regulation, that is why, music sounds better.

Guest Mary_kyo

Based on this video from October 2021, Mishin has already been giving advices to Yuzu on 4A for quite some time:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Guest Mary_kyo
2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Based on this video from October 2021, Mishin has already been giving advices to Yuzu on 4A for quite some time:

Translation of the part about Yuzu:

Guest Mary_kyo

Mishin in his hardcore fanyu era~ Who would have thought

(it was interesting to watch with subtitles, sorry for sharing too much :redface:)

I was thinking of Niece. At that time, he was 17 yo.

And now he is 27 yo. Just 10 years from that miracle at Niece..

10 years! Half decade.

How much he has experienced since then, two times Olympics gold, together with many injury, disease, hard competition... I get a little bit emotional considering 10 years.

All experiences makes him what he is today.

I do believe he can achieve everything he wants at Beijing.

It’s nice to hear Mishin appreciate what Yuzuru brings to the ice.  Robin Cousins said something similar commenting on H&L, but he was less appreciative- he likes showman skaters, because as he admits that was what he was himself, so like Orser, he was a Fernandez fan. He likes skaters who invite you in, make you complicit in what they’re expressing and sometimes I suspect charm you into overlooking their faults.  Yuzuru shows us  something extraordinary to be amazed and wonder at, and no American commentator could be as harsh to him as he is to himself when he falls short of his own impossibly high standards.  When he perceives a fault he works rigorously to eradicate it - look at his flip, instead of coasting along and hoping the panel will fail to call it, he sorted that edge out.  It’s the trait he has in common with Kohei Uchimura.

When I was an articled clerk (in the Dark Ages) my principal said there were two sorts of lawyers - the ones who hid the difficult or awkward stuff at the back of the filing cabinet or under the blotter and tried to tell themselves that it would work out ok if they dealt with it next week, and the ones who grasped the nettle and answered that awkward letter first, took that stinker of a file and did whatever needed to be done to sort it out.  I think a lot of skaters are encouraged now to put their dodgy techniques out there in the hope that they’ll get away with it instead of doing their best to better that technique.

God I can't believe in less than 1 week yuzu will arrive in Beijing! :sipping:

PC feels like last year. Jnats feels like yesterday! :cry: I'm not ready!

aaa why does Japan TV release every interview bit by bit?

Does anyone know what's his answer to the last question? :yuzupout: