General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, Saawa said:

I

The schedule for men who will compete in the team event is brutal. There are many pros and cons and I cannot decide whether I wish Yuzu takes part in team short program or not :59227c768286a__s: I doubt one can skip a medal ceremony for non-essential reasons but who knows.

Maybe Yuzu will decide to skip the team event to protect his right ankle, knowing that both Shoma and Yuma can be there? Well, we cannot guess his decision.

14 hours ago, gapil27 said:

SAMEEEEEEEEE. That's why PW will always held a special place in my heart. Youtube was doing its thing just playing in the background and I just happened to watch it. I think it was his Olympic Routines Top Moment? It was so mesmerizing and captivating to watch. I could not take my eyes off of the screen.  I never knew figure skating could be like this. He hit the note every time and it was so effortless and magical to watch. I always think that figure skating and ballet is to a lesser extent a polished version of interpretive dancing, where I as an uncultured swine could not understand the music, nothing is matching with anything, movements/choreo not synchronized, etc. But that PW program made me feel I finally understand figure skating. Of course had I watched other skaters I don't think the impact would be the same, they don't have the magnetic charm that Yuzu has that makes you just want to stop and watch him skate, not to mention their choreo doesn't do it for me. 

Same too, although I'm watching Figure skating for decades. Discovering Yuzu with PW at Sochi was a revelation to me. I had favourite skaters previously, I will have favourite skaters after the Yuzu era ends, but I already know Yuzu will remain at the top of my favourites for my lifetime.

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

https://article.yahoo.co.jp/detail/dd0902731216e67c275590992300189920b0eaa4

Link for poll in Japan about the best male figure skater ever....

I won't spoil who won!! But:

Reasons for voting for Yuzu: (Google translate)

"It 's a good-looking guy with a small face, but it's also cute and makes a picture. The style is also good, so it's arranged like a doll."

"I don't think it belongs to this world! It seems that existence has jumped out of the anime."

"The beauty of style, the splendour of acting, it's amazing!"

Ah yes the small face. Does someone here remember the young skater who said that about him?

5 hours ago, Orsa2017 said:

Totally agree with this.  I don't watch NC, but the bits of news that appear on my timeline, he's only focusing on landing jumps, not even jumping them perfectly.  I think once SB did his SP choreo, and he found it very difficult!?

While mentally when you enter a rink, and you know the judges are waiting for you to do just one mistake to tear your score apart!!  You will end up making one.  Especially that Hanyu's programs are packed.. one negative thought or hesitation might end up making a mistake!!  Hanyu also said he knows the judges that don't like him, so imagine entering the rink and seeing their faces there -___-

After they changed the scoring system and made it stretchable - not to reward skills but to backup feds fave- Hanyu was confused and for a little while lost confidence, but then -thankfully to who ever was there for him- he came back strong and said that he trusts his skills.  And the best thing is he stuck to his own style of skating and belief.

Do you know Nathan Chen fans complained the ISU lowered the jumps BVs to put down Nathan Chen because all he was doing at the time was jumping? If the Japanese fed was doing their job, they would support their own skaters (Yuzu is not the only one who is underscored) and there would not be such underscoring.

Officially the ISU said at the time they wanted to reward artistry more but we all know what happened next....

Guest Mary_kyo
42 minutes ago, Kadova said:

Yes, Yuzu said he had issues with his jumps last year and he went into depression. But he could go through this and be successful again in training, both with his 4A and 4F (before last injury). For someone you believe is under mental abuse, such achievements would not be possible at all. I don't know if you know people who are actually under mental abuse? I do. This is why I am more optimistic than you about Yuzu abilities to handle unfairness in scoring and I will never consider him as a sportsman unable to cope with underscoring. And briefly about Nathan we could all see his confidence can be shaken like Worlds 21 SP and SA 21. Nathan knows the OG22 is his last chance to get a medal and that will put a huge pressure on him + the OG are less likely to succumb to the lobbying of the US Fed and US TV because they're not depending on figure skating for their financial well-being because this is not the winter sport that will generate the biggest amount of revenue for the OG.

Anyway, we will see what happens. I would say I'm cautiously optimistic.

I sadly do know someone under mental abuse very well and for your information, Yuzu said he was in very deeply dark world in 2020. So nope, it wasn’t at all easy for him. He wanted to quit skating. For someone like him whose life is FS, these are very dark words. We, including me and you, didn’t see Yuzu most of 2020 so I doubt you can even analyze him and how he handled his depression. He also said he cried once he learned Worlds2020 was canceled because he was revealed. If these are some light words for you, then good. He overcame the doubts in late 2020 and that’s why he could gain 4F and 4A in 2021. Basically the unfair scoring messed him up massively in 2019 and 2020.

Also no, Nathan is very well benefited from all the unfair overscoring he received. He never tried to improve anything out of his jumps, guess why? He KNOWS he is awarded those as long as he lands his jumps. He gains confidence that as long as he lands jumps, the rest are done by the judges.

Don’t victimize overscored athletes pls. Especially those such as Nathan who never ever tried to match his scores and firmly believes he deserves them because he works hard. 

Pls read Yuzu’s interviews too. His interviews in past years clearly show he was very well affected by the unfair scoring to the point of doubting himself and his skating. This is exactly mental abuse. 

14 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Malheureusement, je connais très bien quelqu'un qui souffre de violence mentale et pour votre information, Yuzu a dit qu'il était dans un monde très sombre en 2020. Donc non, ce n'était pas du tout facile pour lui. Il voulait arrêter le patinage. Pour quelqu'un comme lui dont la vie est FS, ce sont des mots très sombres. Nous, y compris moi et vous, n'avons pas vu Yuzu pendant la majeure partie de 2020, donc je doute que vous puissiez même l'analyser et comment il a géré sa dépression. Il a également déclaré qu'il avait pleuré une fois qu'il avait appris que Worlds2020 avait été annulé parce qu'il avait été révélé. Si ce sont des mots légers pour vous, alors tant mieux. He overcame the doubts at the end of 2020 and that's why he was able to win 4F and 4A in 2021. Basically, the unfair score ruined him enormously in 2019 and 2020.

Also, no, Nathan took great advantage of all the unfair over-scores he received. He never tried to improve anything on his jumps, guess why? He KNOWS he gets it as long as he succeeds in his jumps. He gains the confidence that as long as he does the jumps, the rest is done by the judges.

Please don't victimize overrated athletes. Especially those like Nathan who has never tried to match his scores and firmly believes he deserves them because he works hard. 

Please also read Yuzu's interviews. His interviews from years past make it clear that he was very well affected by the unfair score to the point of doubting himself and his skating. It is exactly psychological violence. 

In fact, the normal designation of this fact is "moral violence" and not mental (well, the mental is well affected) when one undergoes this  :yuck:  and it is, alas, clear that his under-rated scores hurt him +++ and words hurt as much and even more than physical violence (which I also hate) ah YES yes, we cry and not hurt and I just remembered that during one (I don't know what?) in 2020 I had seen Yuzu behind a white wall dressed in white and his face surrounded and not smiling .... And for his depression who "apparently"? lasted 1 year he must have been very well followed in relation to his status as a top skater, maybe he came back stronger at the end of 2020 and good for him, because there are some that last for years > :( and also affects the psyche, alas .... and sorry for this writing and let's get back to the good humor to see Yuzu again at the next Olympics : 9:     

1 hour ago, Kadova said:

Maybe Yuzu will decide to skip the tag team event to protect his right ankle, knowing that Shoma and Yuma can be there? Well, we can't guess his decision.

If I remember correctly, I think he did the same in 2018 to also rest his ankle and as you write, maybe? that he will not do the "by team" 

Also, I'm skating fans for X years and, like you, find Yuzu was an event for me  :girlsigh: by the wonderful PW in 2014 and, like you, Yuzu will never my TOP : snonegai:  : YuzuPoohLove:

Guest Mary_kyo
23 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

In fact, the normal designation of this fact is "moral violence" and not mental (well, the mental is well affected) when one undergoes this  :yuck:  and it is, alas, clear that his under-rated scores hurt him +++ and words hurt as much and even more than physical violence (which I also hate) ah YES yes, we cry and not hurt and I just remembered that during one (I don't know what?) in 2020 I had seen Yuzu behind a white wall dressed in white and his face surrounded and not smiling .... And for his depression who "apparently"? lasted 1 year he must have been very well followed in relation to his status as a top skater, maybe he came back stronger at the end of 2020 and good for him, because there are some that last for years > :( and also affects the psyche, alas .... and sorry for this writing and let's get back to the good humor to see Yuzu again at the next Olympics

Yes, exactly let’s go back to happy posting. Because what matters now is that Yuzu is happy and determined again. He overcame his dark days and is ready to chase his dreams. 

I just hate it when some fans underestimate the huge effect of unfair scoring on determining the results of competitions. There is undoubtedly a big difference between a skater who knows the judges will support him/her and a skater who knows judges are there to lowball his/her scores. This is literally a very dirty mental game and can easily determine the winner prior to the competition. It’s very clear how overscored athletes gain huge confidence and consistency with this.

At the end of the day, this is mainly ISU’s fault who let this dirty game happen for years instead of utilizing AI to promote fair scoring in fcking 2022. The price is the mudded reputation of FS as a sport, the self-doubts of all underscored skaters and the tainted images of the overscored ones.

1 hour ago, Kadova said:

Sorry for posting a silly question, I surely missed something. Why the Chinese fanuys cannot buy OG tickets and attend the figure skating competitions?

Because officially there would not be any tickets for sale as a precaution during covid pandemic, but meanwhile, china goverment comitted to IOC there would be audience on site, the final solution is that the audience are all chosen without any public announcement. And I don't know if they will release this officially, but this is what has already happened. All tickets are already assigned to certain qualified people, with background check and from certain groups. And then it would be easy to manage them once quanrantine is required.  

So No tickets for sale, no tickets for fanyu.  

We accept that covid precaution takes the highest priority, but we also worry about the current audience structure is the kind yuzu has never encountered and never imagined, it is a very tough situation.  I don't know if oversea fans can understand why we are worrying about the current audience structure, it is hard to explain. But all I can say is that the Chinese IOC media is trying very hard to make Yuzu believe he will receive the same support as he used to have, but quite opposite, with current audience composition, in most of the chances, this won't happen and will be even worse ever. We hope him do know this, and be ready for this. China, with such a large fanyu base, can't provide him any support in the arena, it is very sad.

But we will support him from anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Kadova said:

If the Japanese fed was doing their job

JSF are dead!!  And it's a waste of time hitting the dead (proverb from my region.. or close)!!  

Hanyu's case of underscoring is too obvious for a normal viewer!!  But the judging system is such a mess especially in the ladies!!  It's unbearable to watch international competitions anymore!!  I skip the ladies totally.. the only one i watched recently was Japan Nationals!!

1 hour ago, Kadova said:

Chen fans complained the ISU lowered the jumps BVs

Nothing was lowered though as much as the 4A!!!  -__- 

23 hours ago, micaelis said:

I've said this before but it bears repeating - The judges will be on best behavior.  The difference between Olympic figure-skating and figure skating in any other competition (including Worlds) is immense when considering the audience.  The TV audience will be immense, with many of those tuning into the figure-skating men's event not being skating fans.  They will be tuning in because they want to witness history, the taking of a third straight gold medal in men's skating, something not achieved since 1928.  That will far overshadow attempts to frame this as a Yuzu-Nathan showdown.  This additional interest will make it quite difficult to judge unfairly, particularly since except for the Americans the audience overwhelmingly will be rooting for Yuzu.  We have to remember that Nathan's following is almost exclusively American and that is much based on the fact of his American identity.  Yuzu's following is everywhere and he is easily the most widely-respected skater when it comes to the attitudes of the other skaters and the broadcast commentariat and the seasoned fans.  And there's also the fact that there is a great deal of money riding on Yuzu.  I don't know if Nathan has any endorsement contracts but even if he does they probably are only a fraction of what Yuzu has and once had.  For men's figure-skating, figure-skating in general actually, Yuzu is big business.  What I'm saying, then, is that the prevailing sentiment in Beijing is one that desires Yuzu to win and the corresponding desire not to have anyone rain on Yuzu's parade.  Which makes me think, also, that the very fact that this is Yuzu's third Olympics will also be prominent.  Figure-skaters basically don't remain credible as contenders for three consecutive Olympics.  Yuzu, at the ripe age of twenty-seven, is now the Grand-Old-Man of men's figure-skating.

Wnich brings me back to the judging.  The judges will score Yuzu fairly because they don't want the bulk of the skating establishment (except for the central authorities in the ISU and the Americans) to be down on them.  They don't want to be seen as biased or inept.  And if Yuzu successfully births Nessie, the overwhelming sentiment then will be that Yuzu takes the gold.  When a skater achieves what is arguably skating's Holy Grail, well it's hard to deny that person a very well-earned reward.  So I'm not too worried about the judging.  Judges may be biased but their bias first is to their public reputation.  They don't want to be seen as corrupt or incompetent.  They'll do their job the way it's supposed to be done.

Sorry but allow me to strongly disagree. And sorry to mention Sochi 2014 Ladies event, I believe everyone knows what happened back then. Sorry too for recalling the recent (not-so-recent) Saitama Worlds nightmare, with all the Japanese sponsors and full arena of home audiences, but yet we witnessed brutal corruption and the official announcement that scoring in this sport is merely a joke (shame on you JSF!!!)...with all these, I will say, Olys or not, the judges are still that bunches of same people, who just don't care about how the audience/public will look at them, and will do anything to make sure that the medals go to the feds/ISU chosen one (unless the skater himself had a PyongChang 14' SP Doomsday kinda bomb). 

Yuzu will need to land the 4A plus two freaky clean skates, for his third OGG. And, certainly, in Beijing, we're gonna see Yuzu getting goe 3-lower 4s for his components while YOU-KNOW-WHO getting all the 5s for simply landing them, and also his ridiculous 40+, 95+ pcs (for landing jumps from crossovers throughout the whole program then do some choreo at the end to demonstrate artistry, LOL). Things need to be perfectly aligned for yuzu our MC to overcome all obstacles especially the judges and ISU and win.

Spoiler

so FS God (or Babatos/Moracles/all universes:bash:), stop lazing around and get back to work!!! Your MC has logged in the game:tumblr_inline_mzx90enaUF1r8msi5:

19 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Yes, exactly let’s go back to happy posting. Because what matters now is that Yuzu is happy and determined again. He overcame his dark days and is ready to chase his dreams. 

I just hate it when some fans underestimate the huge effect of unfair scoring on determining the results of competitions. There is undoubtedly a big difference between a skater who knows the judges will support him/her and a skater who knows judges are there to lowball his/her scores. This is literally a very dirty mental game and can easily determine the winner prior to the competition. It’s very clear how overscored athletes gain huge confidence and consistency with this.

At the end of the day, this is mainly ISU’s fault who let this dirty game happen for years instead of utilizing AI to promote fair scoring in fcking 2022. The price is the mudded reputation of FS as a sport, the self-doubts of all underscored skaters and the tainted images of the overscored ones.

This is mainly the Japanese fault as they refuse to support their skaters.  The ISUI will listen to the ones who support their skaters like the US fed and the Rusfed. The only thing I want to add is you decided his depression came from underscoring (only as you don't talk about other factors), there's no proof of that. ZAs I said underscoring affects him, of course; We could see it at the GPF19 SP press conf for ex. He would have gone into depression years ago if this was due to underscoring because he was underscored from the start or almost from the start.

OK, I stop annoying you with my opinion.

Let's keep in mind Yuzu does know how much we support him, even when we cannot go to competitions. I will be at the Worlds and I would be happy to meet you there if you come and agree. We can think different and still be friends.

25 minutes ago, twitwi said:

Because officially there would not be any tickets for sale as a precaution during covid pandemic, but meanwhile, china goverment comitted to IOC there would be audience on site, the final solution is that the audience are all chosen without any public announcement. And I don't know if they will release this officially, but this is what has already happened. All tickets are already assigned to certain qualified people, with background check and from certain groups. And then it would be easy to manage them once quanrantine is required.  

So No tickets for sale, no tickets for fanyu.  

We accept that covid precaution takes the highest priority, but we also worry about the current audience structure is the kind yuzu has never encountered and never imagined, it is a very tough situation.  I don't know if oversea fans can understand why we are worrying about the current audience structure, it is hard to explain. But all I can say is that the Chinese IOC media is trying very hard to make Yuzu believe he will receive the same support as he used to have, but quite opposite, with current audience composition, in most of the chances, this won't happen and will be even worse ever. We hope him do know this, and be ready for this. China, with such a large fanyu base, can't provide him any support in the arena, it is very sad.

But we will support him from anywhere else.

wow, that's very sad. Is there a way to know what kind of people the Chinese IOC will choose? If the fans know it, Yuzu should know it too.