General Yuzuru Chat

On 1/4/2022 at 4:24 PM, SuzyQ said:

Hereunder is the latter part of this article, which is the paid part. The translation is for almost all the sentences as I could not summarize it.  Please note it is rather rough translation, and I'm not familiar with the technical terms of figure skating.

Reveal hidden contents

“I didn't see his performance actually because I was at the competition myself. Although I have not directly seen it, when I watched the video later, I thought we could see a glimpse of what he has become since then. In a word, I had the impression that the "next generation" of skaters has emerged. Including the way he carries himself, it’s a different kind of sophistication from our generation, if I put it. I felt that he was a type of skater growing up under the new rules.”

“It is the same now, but the lightness of jumps, the fluidity of jumps, were already there when he was a junior. Seeing such, I just thought, 'oh, he is different’. We were the generation that had been competing under the scoring of six-point scale for a long time. Hanyu has started to compete in earnest after the new rules came into effect. He goes to competitions with the understanding that not only jumps, but also spins, steps, and the whole program, are scored in total. Compared to our generation, I think the biggest difference is that the skaters of his generation are competing with all the elements refined.”

Mura and Hanyu recognized each other at the Japanese Junior Nationals. Why did Hanyu describe Mura as "a big brother he can rely on"?

Mura recalls an incident at a charity event for the Great East Japan Earthquake held in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture in May 2011.

“At the time, I remember that Hanyu's quad jumps had a strong tendency to go off to the left, and we talked that he should leave his upper body maintained in the air a little more, something like that.”

Hanyu said, "I think I may be able to jump quad Salchow. Please take a look," and he jumped it with ease.

They continued their talks through quad jumps, which have been mandatory for men skaters.

Mura sometimes asked Hanyu to give him tips on quad jumps.

“He wrote it down on a piece of paper and diagrammed it for me."

One day, when Muira told Hanyu that he was having trouble with his quad Salchow, Hanyu came to him with a piece of paper and a pen,

"He wrote down on the paper with what images he was doing and made a diagram. When jumping Salchow, you are standing on the ice with your left foot on the track, and when you step in (just before jumping), it becomes two feet. At that time of two feet, which way my left foot should go, and how I can make the jump without interfering the movement of sliding backward. He made a diagram of it. He taught me carefully and kindly in what direction to move my left foot, so that I would be able to find the right spot, and match the timing of raising my opposite arm to it, and so on.”

“It was faster to ask him when it comes to quad jumps. I myself knew that he was looking into them. If he can jump quads so beautifully, naturally it's because he's been digging into it.”

When he was a competitive skater, Mura used his powerful jumps as his weapon. Although he did not make it to the Olympics, he was one of the top jumpers in the field, winning the Four Continents Championships in 2014. What is common between him and Hanyu is that they both excelled at triple Axel, a jump to take off forward.

Hanyu is aiming for an unprecedented quad Axel, and there is a story for the two of them on quad Axel.

It happened at the ice show "Dreams on Ice" in June 2015.

"Yuzu, maybe you have a better chance"

"We talked about how it would be great if we could do a quad Axel, and I said, 'Let's give it a try.’ It just started like this; Hanyu-senshu said, 'As your Axel is high, you may be able to rotate,’ and I said to him, ‘Maybe you have a better chance.’ Since I had tried it in practice, we decided to try it in that kind of opportunity.”

At that show, they tried quad Axel. They didn't succeed, but that little bit of playfulness was probably the starting point for Hanyu to challenge quad Axel.

Mura says, “I practiced quad Axel for a while myself, but I knew I couldn't do it because I couldn't withstand in the air. I could not keep the posture with my body tightened up in the air. But I have a theory that if you have the aerial sensation to jump quad Lutz, you can keep your body tight, but the premise is that you have to be good at Axel.”

Lutz is a jump that you have to be really conscious of tightening in the air more than any other quads, because you have to rotate from the opposite-side twist. If you have that feeling in the air, you should be able to rotate to the end of four and a half turns. Since Hanyu-senshu can jump quad Lutz, he probably has that kind of aerial sensation.”

“And the Axel, which is nearly 70cm high and in a beautiful parabola, is a jump that only Hanyu-senshu has. Quad Axel is a challenge that only he can do. I think Hanyu-senshu is the person closest to quad Axel."

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Thank you very much @SuzyQ:thanks:

Adelia Petrosyan (Russia figure skater) also mentioned Otoñal as one of her favorite programs :heart:

Source
https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/1105018947-adeliya-petrosyan-moya-lyubimaya-figuristka-medvedeva-ona-menya-porazh.html?utm_source=insta&utm_medium=figure&utm_campaign=2022-01-04

[NEWS]

:heartpound:

I am the only one who is so excited about Olympics? One after another news from Beijing. They are doing wonderfully in this situation.

Let us recall the schedule (Beijing time)

2/4
Team Event
M Short Program
Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Pairs Short Program
09:55-14:55

2/6
Team Event
W Short Program
M Free Skating
09:30-12:40

2/8
Figure Skating
M Short Program
09:15-13:30

2/10
M Free Skating
09:30-13:40

2/20
Gala Exhibition
12:00-14:30

This time, it is very tough, early in the morning (considering covid test, doping test, early practice, at which time skaters should get up? It is such a relief he can go from the place with only 1 hour time difference in this bubble system).

My prediction is Men's Team free is third, Yuma considering the schedule. So SP is Shoma or Yuzu. As long as yuzu is in a good shape, the possibility is very high that yuzu will have team SP on Feb.4. Again, it is Deja Vu of Sochi.

Yeah, Men's event right after team event is quite hard. But considering the situation, to finish the event early is better, I think. The stress of every day test, being afraid of withdrawal is so much.

And what make me pleased is one-day interval between SP and FP. At Sochi, Pyongchang... It has been pointed out that these days highly technical Men's field, succeeding schedule is too tight. And one-day interval is the same as Nationals 2021.

8 hours ago, hamaguri said:

I am the only one who is so excited about Olympics? One after another news from Beijing. They are doing wonderfully in this situation.

Let us recall the schedule (Beijing time)

2/4
Team Event
M Short Program
Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Pairs Short Program
09:55-14:55

2/6
Team Event
W Short Program
M Free Skating
09:30-12:40

2/8
Figure Skating
M Short Program
09:15-13:30

2/10
M Free Skating
09:30-13:40

2/20
Gala Exhibition
12:00-14:30

This time, it is very tough, early in the morning (considering covid test, doping test, early practice, at which time skaters should get up? It is such a relief he can go from the place with only 1 hour time difference in this bubble system).

My prediction is Men's Team free is third, Yuma considering the schedule. So SP is Shoma or Yuzu. As long as yuzu is in a good shape, the possibility is very high that yuzu will have team SP on Feb.4. Again, it is Deja Vu of Sochi.

Yeah, Men's event right after team event is quite hard. But considering the situation, to finish the event early is better, I think. The stress of every day test, being afraid of withdrawal is so much.

And what make me pleased is one-day interval between SP and FP. At Sochi, Pyongchang... It has been pointed out that these days highly technical Men's field, succeeding schedule is too tight. And one-day interval is the same as Nationals 2021.

Thank you for listing the schedule.

This is my first Winter Olympics as Fanyu. :yes: Honestly I'm very excited.:drama: But together with all of you I will certainly get "through" this well and enjoy Yuzu's skate.  :11135030:

5 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

[NEWS]

:wave:  the fanyus: I really enjoyed this video and I read that there would be an addition of written English translation and I didn't see anything? and even the French words  :girlsigh:of S Lambiel are subtitled in Italian !!!!! and of course I heard his encouragement and strong words on Shoma and Yuzu  :heartpound:  well deserved for all 2 (and a thought for Javi who is on the podium too) 

Guest turquoiseblue
35 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  the fanyus: I really enjoyed this video and I read that there would be an addition of written English translation and I didn't see anything? and even the French words  :girlsigh:of S Lambiel are subtitled in Italian !!!!! and of course I heard his encouragement and strong words on Shoma and Yuzu  :heartpound:  well deserved for all 2 (and a thought for Javi who is on the podium too) 

You can select English subtitles in the settings menu.

3k9eQV1.jpg

d9d2rnL.jpg

I'm alive after this ocean of information from JNats. I don't know how... So because of my tiredness I fell on my new year's performance on ice. My first fail, it's better than if it was in competition.

And I fell in love with new SP. :8788161: I don't know how many times I've already watched it. But I think a billions. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

So! After a ton of translation Hanyu words last two weeks I'm afraid I will speak in japanese like him. :headdesk: 

I'm late a little, but... HAPPY NEW 2022 YEAR! Wish all of you will have a lot of happiness and wealth in this year. And all Hanyu's dreams will come true. :snonegai:

Seems like Tsuzuki-sensei gave couple of new comments about Yuzu, 4Axel and Beijing. 

If I understand it correctly with my super poor Japanese + DeepL, he was watching Yuzu's practices and 4Axel attempts live at the venue and was excited. And after Yuzu's free skate, he sent Yuzu an email with congratulations. 

Too bad most of this article is behind a paywall. Hopefully some kind soul will share more details. 

Btw, Tsuzuki-sensei turned 84 on January 5, happy birthday to him and wishing him all the best. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].