General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Haha yes I see. 

😅😅😅😅😅 Maybe Im just a jealous fan who doesnt like feeling threatened by potential threats.

I like how Yuzu is GOAT atm and dnt wnt that to change until yuzu finally retires. 

I hope you love Hanyu for his talent, his hard-working and sportmanship not for him being no.1 :) I don't like how some fans like him only for his cuteness his popularity and being champion. It's sport, there are winners and losers. There are always oods that threats every sportman has to deal with. Even if you don't want, you can do nothing against it. Don't be overjealous, it won't benefit either you or Hanyu. 

58 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

As for trying not to let your love for Yuzu overrule everything, think of it this way.

That love overruling everything is why some of Chan and Takahashi fans become what they were when Yuzu start beating their beloved skaters.

Don't. go. to. that. level.

I've been curious about this for quite a while now but haven't been able to ask anywhere. Since a few people mentioned this here today, I would like to ask a question to long time fans.

I know Yuzu has lots of fans, but also quite a lot of antis. I've read old threads on Golden Skate for a while, competition threads, debates, other skater fanfests.... I initially did it to find out how Yuzu has grown over the years and how casual people view him, not just his fans. I came across both irrational and neutral anti posts on there.

I understand not everyone can like him. Some might simply not like his skating style, some might be bias and just don't like him because he threatened and won over their favorites, some don't like him because of a bad impression with other over-the-top posts sadly done by some Yuzu fans... and then there are people who hate him as a person (:shrug:), doubting his character and questioning every little action he made. Sadly, it seems those who hate him with the most passion are from Japan???

I came across this Japanese anti's blog when googling news about Yuzu not long ago. She alone wrote in English on a japanese blog platform (:shrug:). Reading her posts, I understand she is a Takahashi fan. However, she wrote this post questioning Yuzu's character if he deserves that Honor Award because she has this weird idea that Yuzu Japanese fans are trying to sabotage Takahashi's TV broadcaster career (not sure if it's the right word to describe his current job) by complaining to the TV station. Then she went on to assume that action is actually backed by Yuzu's evil team, led by the evil soul himself, since he alone avoided being interviewed by Takahashi during Japanese Nationals, making it hard for Takahashi to do his job... but then I wonder how she even came up with that when Yuzu was not even in the 2 most recent Nationals... Ok, I got carried away here a little because that anti blog just bugged me too much I wish I could unseen it and erase it out of my memories but I couldn't... I just had to get it out first.

Anyway, back to what I want to ask the most (sorry for this wall of text), have you guys ever seen or talked with a Yuzu anti who has turned around to appreciate him more now on GS or Twitter or anywhere? Have some antis who didn't like his skating style before perhaps now can see his improvement and artistic side and like him better, even become a fan? Have any Japanese antis in the early days ever admitted online they come to appreciate him now after he won a 2nd OGM for Japan and brought back honor to the country?

I've seen on early GS threads some Takahashi fans who used to like and support Yuzu in his early senior days, defending him against other people's attacks regarding his lack of stamina and postures. However some of those same people in later threads also turned to criticize him and his new coaching team, his decisions from his coach to costumes to programs to training schedule..., in his own fanfest, calling him derogatory names.... It's really sad.

What I'm trying to find out now is to know if there is a positive side to look for, to know that even though there are those people who are too bitter in life to change, there might still be people who can recognize and respect what Yuzu has done all these years, for himself, for the sport, and for his country and his people?

Again, sorry for this huge and confusing wall of text. I've been keeping this bottled up inside for such a long time.

P.S: I need to clarify that I don't hate Takahashi or any other skater. They and their fans are different. They have nice fans, and some bad ones. Yuzu also does from what I saw on GS. I will never hate on a person just because I don't like some of their fan actions. I can't hate a person when I don't know them personally enough and I'm always shocked when I witness the level of bitter hatred some anti fans can have toward a person. We need more love around.

9 hours ago, wpisces said:

I hope you love Hanyu for his talent, his hard-working and sportmanship not for him being no.1 :) I don't like how some fans like him only for his cuteness his popularity and being champion. It's sport, there are winners and losers. There are always oods that threats every sportman has to deal with. Even if you don't want, you can do nothing against it. Don't be overjealous, it won't benefit either you or Hanyu. 

I love him for who he is at heart. ♥

But I do wnt him to be No. 1. This is sport after all. 

If hes not No. 1 then its fine too

10 hours ago, Erin said:

I understand how you feel and thankfully, we have this planet where we can share our worries and be comforted by other satellites. So don't worry, just trust in Yuzu. 😊 

Satellites :darklordyuzu:

It took me a long time to understand what that meant and then I realized its Hanyu.

We cnt share these thoughts on Golden Skate for example, cuz when we post on Hanyus thread it comes up on the Newsfeed for everyone else to read hahahaha.

Never been involved in GS fight myself but I can imagine some people have been. 

10 hours ago, yuzupon said:

As for trying not to let your love for Yuzu overrule everything, think of it this way.

That love overruling everything is why some of Chan and Takahashi fans become what they were when Yuzu start beating their beloved skaters.

Don't. go. to. that. level.

I didnt knw Yuzu when that started happening. I first saw him properly at Sochi SP.

What happened? Fan wars? 

1 hour ago, WSYZ said:

I've been curious about this for quite a while now but haven't been able to ask anywhere. Since a few people mentioned this here today, I would like to ask a question to long time fans.

I know Yuzu has lots of fans, but also quite a lot of antis. I've read old threads on Golden Skate for a while, competition threads, debates, other skater fanfests.... I initially did it to find out how Yuzu has grown over the years and how casual people view him, not just his fans. I came across both irrational and neutral anti posts on there.

I understand not everyone can like him. Some might simply not like his skating style, some might be bias and just don't like him because he threatened and won over their favorites, some don't like him because of a bad impression with other over-the-top posts sadly done by some Yuzu fans... and then there are people who hate him as a person (:shrug:), doubting his character and questioning every little action he made. Sadly, it seems those who hate him with the most passion are from Japan???

I came across this Japanese anti's blog when googling news about Yuzu not long ago. She alone wrote in English on a japanese blog platform (:shrug:). Reading her posts, I understand she is a Takahashi fan. However, she wrote this post questioning Yuzu's character if he deserves that Honor Award because she has this weird idea that Yuzu Japanese fans are trying to sabotage Takahashi's TV broadcaster career (not sure if it's the right word to describe his current job) by complaining to the TV station. Then she went on to assume that action is actually backed by Yuzu's evil team, led by the evil soul himself, since he alone avoided being interviewed by Takahashi during Japanese Nationals, making it hard for Takahashi to do his job... but then I wonder how she even came up with that when Yuzu was not even in the 2 most recent Nationals... Ok, I got carried away here a little because that anti blog just bugged me too much I wish I could unseen it and erase it out of my memories but I couldn't... I just had to get it out first.

Anyway, back to what I want to ask the most (sorry for this wall of text), have you guys ever seen or talked with a Yuzu anti who has turned around to appreciate him more now on GS or Twitter or anywhere? Have some antis who didn't like his skating style before perhaps now can see his improvement and artistic side and like him better, even become a fan? Have any Japanese antis in the early days ever admitted online they come to appreciate him now after he won a 2nd OGM for Japan and brought back honor to the country?

I've seen on early GS threads some Takahashi fans who used to like and support Yuzu in his early senior days, defending him against other people's attacks regarding his lack of stamina and postures. However some of those same people in later threads also turned to criticize him and his new coaching team, his decisions from his coach to costumes to programs to training schedule..., in his own fanfest, calling him derogatory names.... It's really sad.

What I'm trying to find out now is to know if there is a positive side to look for, to know that even though there are those people who are too bitter in life to change, there might still be people who can recognize and respect what Yuzu has done all these years, for himself, for the sport, and for his country and his people?

Again, sorry for this huge and confusing wall of text. I've been keeping this bottled up inside for such a long time.

P.S: I need to clarify that I don't hate Takahashi or any other skater. They and their fans are different. They have nice fans, and some bad ones. Yuzu also does from what I saw on GS. I will never hate on a person just because I don't like some of their fan actions. I can't hate a person when I don't know them personally enough and I'm always shocked when I witness the level of bitter hatred some anti fans can have toward a person. We need more love around.

Ive known Yuzu since Sochi and I have never spent my time at GS. 

So i dnt knw what western people think but i can tell u this.

During 2018 olympics I went to the PC official olympics instagram run by IOC. And there was literally million comments from the host nation sending Yuzu death threats on his Gold Medal congratulation posts in the comments. If u wnt to knw its still there. They were mostly Yuna Kim fans jealous of Yuzu getting 2 OGM and becuz the post had Japanese written on it (wtf right?). 

So its not jst Takahashi or Shoma fans who bash Yuzu. Its international. 

I hate to be that fan as well. Hence I never take interest too much in Yuzus rival threads or news to stop myself getting overzealous or jealous or competitive. (Nathan C, Shoma).

But the conspiracy of Takahashi blog is bullsh*t. 

And skating fans do get crazy alot. Lol

I now start to understand why Yuzu said he wnted to die becuz of Media rumors and because presumably he reads 2ch anti threads about himself. 

Takahashi and Shoma fans dislike Yuzu alot in Japan, not all but a lot. And so although there are more who see him as a national hero, mao fans and other skater fans see him as a threat to their fave skaters honor or star power etc. 

Even Yuna kim fans on korean websites do this to a full blown extent by the millions (DC figure skating gallery). 

Ive google translated both sites out of curiousity and I dnt go there anymore becuz the hate was too intense. And its not worth reading. 

My experience with Golden Skate is that people there are very nice in comparison. 

If i spend alot of time in GS maybe my view will change, but so far fans of other skaters (zhenya fans esp) call him the GOAT, total package even when I never mention it first. 

@WSYZ To be clear, I was never involved in the 'fight'. I was just watching with horror when it happened over in Yuzu fanfest of that other forum (and if that happened in the fanfest, it was way worse outside of it). So sadly, I haven't seen anyone who criticised him so fiercely wrote anything about turning around from that online. As for those who went right to the hating attitude, I kinda don't think they will ever change their mind, or if they do, hell would freeze before they admit it. That's just how sad it was. If anyone has heard otherwise tho, I would love to hear it.

@cinemacoconut That's opening a can of worms I don't think anyone would want to. Read what @WSYZ wrote, that basically summarized the gist of it. I'll pm you with my take on it, just wait a bit, I have to finish something first.

@ mods, I've been pm-ing some users about this ugly history lately. Part of it is because I raised said history itself to kinda put what's happening (Zu's closing message in CiONTU, the current onslaught of criticising potential rival's move) in context, and so new fans who were not around, or are not aware of the story understandably want to know about what on earth I was talking about. Should I stop doing either of those? :help:

Hey guys did you Knw??

:knc_yuzu1:  the oldest olympic champion in mens figure skating history was

34 years old when he got his 3rd consecutive olympic gold 🏅 medal? 

:knc_tracy1: gillis strafsfom (spelling ? I dnt knw)

34 years old. 

So we now knw that it is humanly possible to compete at 34 (although they didnt have quads then)

So if Yuzu goes to Beijing and wins 3 straight OGM he is the youngest person in history to do so at age 27. 

Hahahaha. And the only 2nd man in the world to get 3 straight OGM. 

8 hours ago, yuzupon said:

@WSYZ To be clear, I was never involved in the 'fight'. I was just watching with horror when it happened over in Yuzu fanfest of that other forum (and if that happened in the fanfest, it was way worse outside of it). So sadly, I haven't seen anyone who criticised him so fiercely wrote anything about turning around from that online. As for those who went right to the hating attitude, I kinda don't think they will ever change their mind, or if they do, hell would freeze before they admit it. That's just how sad it was. If anyone has heard otherwise tho, I would love to hear it.

@cinemacoconut That's opening a can of worms I don't think anyone would want to. Read what @WSYZ wrote, that basically summarized the gist of it. I'll pm you with my take on it, just wait a bit, I have to finish something first.

@ mods, I've been pm-ing some users about this ugly history lately. Part of it is because I raised said history itself to kinda put what's happening (Zu's closing message in CiONTU, the current onslaught of criticising potential rival's move) in context, and so new fans who were not around, or are not aware of the story understandably want to know about what on earth I was talking about. Should I stop doing either of those? :help:

Thnks. New fans will knw that the last message at the ice show was said in context to a bigger social issue. Yuzu had the guts to speak out about it which is good for raising social awareness.