General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Pamigena said:

Thing is though that I'm not sure he actually needs a doctor's "permission" to compete. (just jumping at the chance to say this because I've seen quite a lot of posts by now saying he wouldn't be "allowed" to compete). Doctors can strongly advise against it, but can they really prohibit it in a case like this? I remember when he withdrew from Finlandia for medical reasons, in some later interview Brian said that the doctor advised him against competing, the team advised him against competing, and still they needed to pretty much tie him to a chair to actually keep him from competing because he still wanted to go. So I guess ultimately it's still his decision to make. (I guess technically JSF could stop him by taking him off the list, but that's not very likely to happen)

No doctor would have the power to restrain Yuzu if he really wants to compete but I'm referring more to the scenario where the prognosis is severe to the point where they're strongly advising him not to (and he's a smart person, I assume he'd generally follow his doctor's advice esp if exacerbating the injury will lead to long-term consequences). I think (if I'm assuming you're reading this on twitter) that some (perhaps native? or Australian? LOL) English speakers like myself do use the word 'allowed' more loosely as in 'his doctor gave his full blessings and encouragement because his health and circumstances were positive', not like 'his doctor has the literal ability to allow/prohibit him from competing'. I should be more precise with my wording though lol, my apologies for causing any confusion. So in this circumstance, I would highly doubt his doctor would be giving full support like 'go ahead, you're recovered!' simply because of how he was talking about the injury post-Olympics. 

But, as they say, never underestimate Mr Hanyu and if I did get to see him at Worlds, provided he is fully capable of competing, I would literally have no regrets ever lmao. 

In other news, that auction is now at 3 mil Yen.

I feel so proud to stan a guy who can raise so much for charity with a pair of stinky old boots.  And this has got to be an old pair of boots from 2 years ago (he switched to Pianos recently right?). :13877886:

1 minute ago, Xen said:

In other news, that auction is now at 3 mil Yen.

I feel so proud to stan a guy who can raise so much for charity with a pair of stinky old boots.  And this has got to be an old pair of boots from 2 years ago (he switched to Pianos recently right?). :13877886:

imagine the organisers thats handling the emails right now :headdesk2:

“I spoke to him yesterday and asked him, ‘What are you going to do now? Are you going to be a professional? Or are you going to continue?’

“His reply to me was only to laugh and say, ‘I want to do a quad axel.’

ETA 

We already can’t remember four years ago what he (Hanyu) has done in Sochi, except in his country, because he is like a god.

Really??? How can anyone forget PW ???!!!

Just now, Floria said:

Wunderbar, we get to tear out our hair for another week. *sigh* The joys of stanning this guy.

Auction for his used shoes are at 3.9 mil Yen. :13877886: Anyone think it will go over 10 mil Yen this time?