General Yuzuru Chat

Just something I saw floating around on the GS boards that I thought was interesting.  They said that USFS after these Olympics might considering asking Orser to coach Nathan (if he continues skating...).  Especially when Javi is retiring, IF they were, do you think Orser would take it?  He already has 3 top students (Yuzu, Cha and maybe Gogolev).  How would you guys feel about it?  On one hand, I know he would ask Yuzu first like he did with Javi (to avoid the whole Yuna situation), but still...

9 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

Just something I saw floating around on the GS boards that I thought was interesting.  They said that USFS after these Olympics might considering asking Orser to coach Nathan (if he continues skating...).  Especially when Javi is retiring, IF they were, do you think Orser would take it?  He already has 3 top students (Yuzu, Cha and maybe Gogolev).  How would you guys feel about it?  On one hand, I know he would ask Yuzu first like he did with Javi (to avoid the whole Yuna situation), but still...

Honestly, I think Yuzu would be thrilled. I have been worrying a bit about how Yuzu will cope without the Javi challenge. There is Jun and Stephen, but they're still young and I'm not sure Yuzu can use them for his getting his image habit. He could probably use Nathan, especially once Brian used his magic. He'd also be super, mega challenged by Nathan there. But it would be hard for Brian, I guess. And it would be hard for Nathan, because he'd have to take it slowly and I'm not sure he's up for that, unless he decides to stay until Beijing. (Which is not to say I would be super happy about it lol But I think Yuzu would love it.)

13 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

I'll admit I don't want that. Of course, I don't presume to know how Yuzu would feel about that. :shrug:

24 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

There's new interview with Brian on Inside Skating, and after reading it I doubt US federation (and probably Nathan himself as he doesn't have skating as a main thing in his life?) would wait till the results come, which is 1,5 year at average.

(And I actually hope that Javi will continue, maybe in lighter mode - he surely can take one more title at EC.)

7 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

nerd doing his work 

Yuzuru seriously needs to write a figure skating manual at some point... "How to become an Olympic and World Champion - a secret guide to the ideal life of a figure skater" :P (because it goes so much beyond just practice for him lol)