General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I saw an old news clip of Hanyu practicing during Worlds 2014 and there was an audience? Was there open practices during Worlds 2014? In Japan!? :jaw:

Yes. I had an all event ticket and I went to see men's practise when Hanyu was there. Although I was so jet lagged that I can’t remember much of it. There didn’t seem to be much audience but Saitama arena is so big that it can be hard to tell the real amount.

Hanyu is in Eurosport’s ”I want it all” PC Olys commercial. It’s a blink-and-you-miss-it Sochi FS moment, but it’s the only figure skating moment there. There seems to be an international and a country specific versions of the commersial and he is in both.

Hey guys!

Not to bring negativity to this thread, but I don't know how you manage to stay calm (teach me :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:). Most of the times I just ignore negative thoughts or try not to think about it at all, but at times (now) it becomes impossible. This season is just wrong, all my favorite skaters are injured or have some other struggles. I don't have any doubts that Yuzu will be chosen as a representative of Japan at the Olympics, but what I fear is that he won't heal on time and skate injured. The moment I've read somewhere that the inflammation reached the bones, I just can't stay calm anymore. I don't get how it's possible to the injury to aggravate when he probably has the best doctors. Anyway, I hope that all of this stays in 2017 and next year will start with a blast. Sorry for bringing it all here :sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

15 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

:OOO Where did you read this?

Sorry I know I'm not helping with the whole "stay calm" thing

I never remember where I read different things, but I'll try to find it! If you haven't seen it here, maybe it's ton true? :snonegai:

Edit: nope, it's true, here's the link: https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/12/fba16848cf1d-figure-skating-tendon-and-bone-concerns-added-to-hanyus-injury-list.html

3 minutes ago, Klera said:

I never remember where I read different things, but I'll try to find it! If you haven't seen it here, maybe it's ton true? :snonegai:

I've not really read the posts here for the past few days, but I'm keeping up with the news through weibo. Last I heard it was a joint inflammation? I'm not sure if that includes bones. D; 

17 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

I've not really read the posts here for the past few days, but I'm keeping up with the news through weibo. Last I heard it was a joint inflammation? I'm not sure if that includes bones. D; 

I've edited the post with a link

27 minutes ago, Klera said:

Edit: nope, it's true, here's the link: https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/12/fba16848cf1d-figure-skating-tendon-and-bone-concerns-added-to-hanyus-injury-list.html

ehhh Kyodo's English news articles haven't exactly been reliable (see: is the injury in his ankle? in his knee? kyodo has no idea)

Unless it comes directly from Yuzuru's camp I'm being wary. I had seen the thing about inflammation but in the bone suggests infection? Idk it seems off so I wondered if it was maybe a mistranslation or miscommunication and it's unclear* if the inflammation was something he had earlier that maybe laster longer than expected and so delayed him getting back on the ice for the on-ice portion of his rehab, or a current thing that was a recent development which would be a lot more troubling.

*due to not knowing when exactly the message from Yuzu about inflammation was sent and if media received it word-for-word or not

ETA: also some media has been downright scare-mongering and clickbaity. You may have also seen the one that speculated Yuzuru would not be 100% for Pyeongchang and could potentially need surgery. with things like that it's really important to note with such articles that none of the information was coming from Yuzuru's team or Yuzuru's doctors but that the writer or whoever had consulted a doctor that had never treated Yuzu and is not involved in his treatment in anyway and is giving a worst-case-scenario from the limited information that is available and thus not really worth getting worked up over unless any shred of it is then formally corroborated by one of Yuzuru's representatives, his team, or Yuzuru himself. Seeing as how his team has only said that there has been improvement, albeit not quite as much as they had hoped by this point, and that they are looking at moving to on-ice rehab soon where he will gradually and carefully increase the load on his right ankle to build it back up and be sure it can handle use.......I'm not exactly rushing to believe the more hysteric reports coming out.

13 minutes ago, Klera said:

Hey guys!

Not to bring negativity to this thread, but I don't know how you manage to stay calm (teach me :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:). Most of the times I just ignore negative thoughts or try not to think about it at all, but at times (now) it becomes impossible. This season is just wrong, all my favorite skaters are injured or have some other struggles. I don't have any doubts that Yuzu will be chosen as a representative of Japan at the Olympics, but what I fear is that he won't heal on time and skate injured. The moment I've read somewhere that the inflammation reached the bones, I just can't stay calm anymore. I don't get how it's possible to the injury to aggravate when he probably has the best doctors. Anyway, I hope that all of this stays in 2017 and next year will start with a blast. Sorry for bringing it all here :sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

My secret to stay calm is two things

First, is to not believe everything the media says. there have been a lot of misinformation published around the time of his injury and it is happening again now. So my advice it to check the sources and only believe what he or someone from his team says directly.

Second, and it is the main reason I am not too worried is that I trust Yuzuru. He had proven time and time again that he is wise, smart and logical as well as a hard worker. He will definitely get through this and return stronger than ever. personally, whenever I feel doubts I watch his H&L at 4CC, which is my favorite performance of that program by the way. That performance is the best proof of Yuzuru's strong will and fighting spirit, and it always calms me down when I watch it as it is a reminder that you can never keep Yuzuru down and that he will always fight back. Worlds was similar but does not have the same impact for me

12 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

ehhh Kyodo's english news articles haven;t exactly been reliable (see: is the injury in his ankle? in his knee? kyodo has no idea)

Unless it comes directly from Yuzuru's camp I'm being wary. I had seen the thing about inflammation but in the bone suggests infection? Idk it seems off so I wondered if it was maybe a mistranslation or miscommunication and it's unclear if the inflammation was something he had earlier that maybe laster longer than expected and so delayed him getting back on the ice for the on-ice portion of his reheb, or a current thing that was a recent development which would be a lot more troubling.

Thanks for the info, that reassures me! I don't really know which japanese sources are reliable, so never know what to believe.

5 minutes ago, Klera said:

Thanks for the info, that reassures me! I don't really know which japanese sources are reliable, so never know what to believe.

I added a little extra ;)

I can't really be sure of reliability either but Kyodo's previous reports on the situation has had me a bit eh about them.  If there's multiple news sites saying the same thing and the source is Yuzuru's team, believe it, but remember a lot of these articles are looking for clicks.

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I can't really be sure of reliability either but Kyodo's previous reports on the situation has had me a bit eh about them.  If there's multiple news sites saying the same thing and the source is Yuzuru's team, believe it, but remember a lot of these articles are looking for clicks.

Thanks for the advice. <3