General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Xen said:

@Hydroblade: I wonder how hard it is to take up Japanese? It's actually memorizing the Hiragana and Katakana that gets me in the end (I'm aware this is odd since I'm a chinese speaker), the rest I find doable since I learned tad bit of Korean and grammatically I didn't find it too hard.

I don't think i'm the most qualified person to tell you because i learned it when i was a child and my brain was more malleable :rofl:it only took me two days to learn both hiragana and katakana perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

*polishes her project management resume* How much of a leap is it? 

@Hydroblade: I wonder how hard it is to take up Japanese? It's actually memorizing the Hiragana and Katakana that gets me in the end (I'm aware this is odd since I'm a chinese speaker), the rest I find doable since I learned tad bit of Korean and grammatically I didn't find it too hard. 

Why are we talking about him post 2019? It's not even 2018 yet. XD 

Download a free kana flashcard app on your phone, scribble over and over in a notebook, and you should have it memorised in a few days. :) 

19 分ぐらい, Xenさんが言いました:

*polishes her project management resume* How much of a leap is it?

Really, think about it. It'd be the ultimate project of love that extends beyond his competitive career. And show existing organizers what they're missing out on by pretending he doesn't exist...although it could very well be that they extended invitations and he declined them all due to training schedule and other sensibilities--I mean they want money and this guy brings in spades of them, they're not stupid. I find it incomprehensible and frankly, impossible, that they wouldn't have even considered him. So @meoima could be right, and NA/European audience may get to see more of him when he turns pro.

引用

Why are we talking about him post 2019? It's not even 2018 yet. XD 

Just looking ahead to the future. It's not really all that far ahead. I mean it's been nearly four years since Sochi, to which many still feel like it's yesterday...

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Really, think about it. It'd be the ultimate project of love that extends beyond his competitive career. And show existing organizers what they're missing out on by pretending he doesn't exist...although it could very well be that they extended invitations and he declined them all due to training schedule and other sensibilities--I mean they want money and this guy brings in spades of them, they're not stupid. I find it incomprehensible and frankly, impossible, that they wouldn't have even considered him. So @meoima could be right, and NA/European audience may get to see more of him when he turns pro.

Well China might invite him, even though there isn't that many big shows or rinks in China. But if China picks up the funding and decides to politically back figure skating (we have an Olympic champ, Zhao, as the president now), he'd be very welcome here. 

Are you encouraging me to pick up event organizing? XD

8 分ぐらい, Xenさんが言いました:

Are you encouraging me to pick up event organizing? XD

5 分ぐらい, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

Depends, are you going to give free tickets to us satellites?

If you feel driven, by all means. I'd pay to go just to show my support. I'm sure @Hydroblade would, too, if it means the show gets to keep going for a long time and can afford to keep asking Hanyu to headline. >_<

11 分ぐらい, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

Maybe we should bribe him with headphones and tomatoes?

Lol..I'm sure just ka-ching would work. Lots of it. And a lot of guilt-tripping (but...but...you'd be doing your fans who don't get to travel abroad a whole lot a chance to see you a great service! You know, the ones who sold their kidneys to travel to see you back when you were still competing despite not being Japanese? They've only got one left, you know, thanks to you, are you really asking them to sell the only other one they have left? And let's not forget the ones who only get to see you through a computer screen and was happy when you're happy and sad when you're sad? *sad doggy eyes* Take responsibility, man!) in case he's willing to turn away truckloads of money for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

You only need one kidney and you have two :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I thought we only needed to do that for Iphones? o_O

I'm looking at event management and planning and holy, it looks different from Project Management. It's so detail oriented I think I'd puke if I have to deal with it daily. T_T

Can we request Yuzu smile to brighten up the thread?