General Yuzuru Chat

25th July is a significant day for Yuzu. 12 years ago today, Hanyu resumed practice at Ice Rink Sendai⛸️

Which jump did you choose first?

“I definitely decided that the first jump on the ice here would be a triple axel! 

This day... July 25th is an important anniversary for Hanyu-kun

May the important rink be protected forever🍀

On 7/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, S_onia said:

Please, dear all, help me to find - what is the name of the artist who drew the animation section with Otonal in the background?
I'm so in love with this work!
:help:

Found - ShiShi Yamazaki :)

Oh was it just one artist? I was given to understand that there were a number of artists involved in the animation.

EDIT:  ahhh just looked up Shishi Yamazaki - described as an animation director so she probably had artists working on particular bits of the animation as directed by Yamazaki-san?? 

He is donating the rink he skated as an amateur, still skating as a professional and maybe wants to skate as a coach who knows? Maybe he is investing for the future. We’ll wait and see but i really want to see him in the ice rink sendai as a coach in the future. 

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

You're welcome. I hope to be able to post here more again :grouphug:

Today, I updated my stats list of Yuzu's +1M videos on YouTube. It's sad that a total of 8 videos has been deleted or turned private since last year, but on the upside we have seven newcomers in the list! Mostly thanks to Yuzu's own channel and Nippon TV. It's also lovely to see that older videos are still watched and rewatched by so many people. Some videos literally doubled in view numbers since 2021.

I download them to save, but I like to go back and rewatch to youtube too, not just to bolster the numbers, just... because.

I hope Requiem on his channel gets there soon, it is harder to watch but oh so beautiful.

AERA crumbs. He looks very handsome. Got distracted by those deep V neck 😁

[ NEW ] #羽生結弦 comment arrived 🪶

Yuzuru Hanyu will appear on the cover of AERA. The photo is taken by Mika Ninagawa, the cover photographer of this magazine. Please look forward to it along with the interview.

▼ published

AERA August 14-21 combined issue (on sale August 7)

(Google Translate)

3 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Marika's translation 

I guess i am not the only one who got distracted by his collar bones   😍

A new mole is also revealed on the right collar bone going towards the shoulder. Like unlocking a new level in a game ? new power and/ or skill ?

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

I download them to save, but I like to go back and rewatch to youtube too, not just to bolster the numbers, just... because.

I hope Requiem on his channel gets there soon, it is harder to watch but oh so beautiful.

Agree. The main purpose is to enjoy the videos and especially Yuzu's great skating. The numbers are not really the goal, but rather a reflection of how popular and appealing Yuzu's skating is. Both old and new content alike.

However, I make a bold claim this time and say that by August 2025, there will be at least three videos with +50M views. There is a strong feeling in my fingers that this first pro year was just the introduction to the real madness that is yet to come ...

:space:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

However, I make a bold claim this time and say that by August 2025, there will be at least three videos with +50M views. There is a strong feeling in my fingers that this first pro year was just the introduction to the real madness that is yet to come ...

:space:

We thought he was popular and loved before Beijing and of course he was, but during that and ever since he went pro, it just seems that new people are discovering him all the time.

Just read this on rottentomatoes.com reviews of GIFT

Kyogen performer Mansai Nomura said of the Tokyo Dome performance of GIFT, "It is a modern-day Hamlet that is moving forward with words, body, and action," 

I didn't know Mansai-san had commented on GIFT, did I miss it on here?