General Yuzuru Chat

#AngstyAgape alert

So i watched yesterday's broadcast of WTT and is it normal that it's like the 333rd time i watch H&L and i am still reduced to a ball of tears when he finishes skating? No matter how many times i see it, i'm always amazed at how complete his skating feels to me, how every single movement of his body is in tune with the music even when he messes up. 

Then the EX part came and i remembered i am going to see that birb sliding in front of me and i lost it :sadPooh: 

Actual comments about the WTT broadcast: Poor bb, he thought he would feel depressed if he had been alone in the K&C but he was able to smile thanks to TJ :sadPooh: God, i really hate to see him sad :sadPooh:

3 hours ago, Floria said:

Could be anything. But that wasn't the first time he did bits of his older programs during practice. I remember this one quite well because at that moment I was taking photos  and the spin seemed slightly familiar to me and then I recognized Seimei. I felt really nostalgic then and now I miss this program so much that I wouldn't mind him repeating it. 

My money is on a repeat or an exhibition program for the most nationalistic of all competitions. Hurry up, August!

Sportymags made a blog entry on Yuzu Photography here.

The first thing I learned was that taking pictures of skaters and taking pictures of Yuzu are 2 completely different animals.  For any other skaters, I did not have the additional challenge of my heart beating double the pace it normally does and perhaps this is my bias, but Yuzu simply skates faster than the other skaters, even when he is just skating along the sidelines.   For me, Yuzu is harder to capture. 

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Sportymags made a blog entry on Yuzu Photography here.

Thanks for sharing an interesting read, on one of my bucket list topics for photography since I discovered Yuzu :laughing: I'm impressed by how sharp some of her photos are, especially since I remember her saying she used manual focus, which is understandable for skating since autofocus would probably freak out trying to capture a moving subject. For reference, her 70-200mm lens is a beast and definitely not something I would ever carry around casually, so props to her dedication. If I ever get a chance to go to a skating event live, I'm going to have to live with what my 105mm can capture (I managed to photograph Federer at the Aus Open with it, so I'm happy I ticked off one sports photography bucket list item).  

21 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Thanks for sharing an interesting read, on one of my bucket list topics for photography since I discovered Yuzu :laughing: I'm impressed by how sharp some of her photos are, especially since I remember her saying she used manual focus, which is understandable for skating since autofocus would probably freak out trying to capture a moving subject. For reference, her 70-200mm lens is a beast and definitely not something I would ever carry around casually, so props to her dedication. If I ever get a chance to go to a skating event live, I'm going to have to live with what my 105mm can capture (I managed to photograph Federer at the Aus Open with it, so I'm happy I ticked off one sports photography bucket list item).  

Well, if you are able to go, there's going to be a Junior GP event held in Brisbane on August 23–26.

17 hours ago, Strawberry said:

125 years old today… happy birthday to (IS)U

23 Jul 2017 - Lausanne, Switzerland

Skating has come a long way in the past 125 years.

http://www.isu.org/en/news-and-events/news/2017/07/isu-125-anniversary

yuzuru-hanyu-gettyimages-662890832_489x3

One of my priorities is to expand and develop skating worldwide. It’s no coincidence that we established a new ISU Development Program in the first weeks after my election. It’s key to educate more coaches and officials worldwide and to support the development of promising young skaters in a sustainable way.

And giving PCS boost and GOE candies for landing quads without really caring for skating skills and technique is such a great way to do it! Also the talk about gaining new audience is great but it doesn't look like they know what they're doing with taking down Sailor Moon video. But Yuzu picture is nice :smile: 

Can't wait for Niigata  broadcast today! :smiley-happy085: 

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

Your photos are beautiful! I hope you get a chance to take some lovely ones of Yuzu soon.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Well, if you are able to go, there's going to be a Junior GP event held in Brisbane on August 23–26.

Probably not, unfortunately, since it's right in the middle of uni semester ; u ; I'm crossing my fingers for Milan 2018 though!

11 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Your photos are beautiful! I hope you get a chance to take some lovely ones of Yuzu soon.

Thank you lovely :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I hope so too! 

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Probably not, unfortunately, since it's right in the middle of uni semester ; u ; I'm crossing my fingers for Milan 2018 though!

Ooooh... yes! I remember you were going to do that school exchange thingie (i don't recall the exact wording. hahaha). Good luck! Crossing my fingers for you too!