General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

Not the cute little Japanese lady that sat with Yuzu at the Sochi Olympics when he broke 100 pt right? I noticed her at this year's Olympics as well. Or is she the former JSF president or not the president of any kind and just a JSF official? I'm so confused.

Nope. That's Yoshiko Kobayashi, JSF director. They were talking about the lady sitting beside him during the People's Honor Award - JSF President Seiko Hashimoto.

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Nope. That's Yoshiko Kobayashi, JSF director. They were talking about the lady sitting beside him during the People's Honor Award - JSF President Seiko Hashimoto.

Her last name is Kobayashi. All of the sudden I have a hankering to watch The Usual Suspect. OT, I work with a person name Kobayashi. I want to ask him if he's ever seen that movie, but I resist. *pats own shoulder at restraint*

So the lady sitting with Yuzu while he's wearing Hakama and kind of instructing/guiding him during the awards?

7 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

Her last name is Kobayashi. All of the sudden I have a hankering to watch The Usual Suspect. OT, I work with a person name Kobayashi. I want to ask him if he's ever seen that movie, but I resist. *pats own shoulder at restraint*

So the lady sitting with Yuzu while he's wearing Hakama and kind of instructing/guiding him during the awards?

The one sitting on his right side yes. You can google Seiko Hashimoto.. she had some bad press to her name.

I was in charge of a voting station yesterday from 7:30 am to 12am PST.

I check twitter to catch up and oh my poor poor heart...

HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED?

IS OFF SEASON, DEATH BY HAKAMA SEASON NOW OR WHAT?!

(he's totally marrying that big ass gold medal, right... RIGHT?!)

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED?

I was just thinking that there hadn't been too many protestations about the hakama...now I know why! :knc_brian1:

I don't know that he is the first recipient ever to refuse the gift/souvenir that accompanies the award. 

I remembered when the news of him being considered for such an honorable award first came out, many people voiced their disagreement publically, some even on the TV, citing the reasons that he is still an active competitive skater, or that his accomplishments as figure skater are incomparable to those in baseball and other popular summer sports. While I worried about the potential backlash, however small, he might face (especially with how aware and sensitive he is to the negative voices), ultimately I am really happy that he chose to accept the award. Not only because he totally deserves the award and the acknowledgement of his accomplishments, but also because I saw how many people are happy and proud of him when the news first came out. When I saw the news of all the celebratory messages the people of Sendai put out publically, I know this achievement means so much to the ones who are still struggling and trying to recover from the tragedy. In that sense, the award belongs to him and by extension to the people of Sendai and Miyagi. A commentator said in news segment yesterday that he always felt that the award was used as a political tool in the past, but this time he was really glad that Yuzuru receives this award because he saw how rejoiceful the people of Sendai and Miyagi were at the news (rough summarization). I felt the same as well. 

Lastly, for him to decline the gift with the rationale of not wanting the gift because this achievement is of many people and not just him, is so Yuzu. I have heard traditionally in the past the gifts given all have the values over 1000000 yen. And with him turning it down without a bat of eye is a testament of his character. Many fans reactions I read during the ceremony, and I concur, had said that his actions and his words are a perfect comeback to all the disagreeing voices in the past.

Overall, congratulations Yuzuru!

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Can't wait for tadaki to talk more about this. I was actually thinking about the hakama and sendaihira and how Yuzu must've worn it for a reason (he could've just worn a suit like he did after) because there was a politician from Miyagi who tweeted about the sendaihira weave and started promoting it and news agencies + some JPN fans were posting articles and information about sendaihira as well. Truly the Lord of Sendai.

Well it worked. I want wallets made of that material now. Unfortunately, having experienced the traditional Okinawa fabric made into wallets and how much they cost (more than a Michael Kors handbag), I probably can't/won't afford a Sendaihira one.

30 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

I was just thinking that there hadn't been too many protestations about the hakama...now I know why! :knc_brian1:

I am too tired and dehydrated to flail around my room but i assure you i was rolling in bed sobbing faintly.

39 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED?

oh, so that was why you were alive. Don't faint now, please.