General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I like Jason Brown's split jumps more, I'm sorry! :banned1-smiley:

What Jason does is Russian split jump. And of course he does practice it and put it in competition. Someone said Jason is more flexible in the hips. 

What Yuzuru did in ice show several times is just normal split jump, and Yuzuru is more flexible in the back (Oda said that once time about his back).

That's why Yuzuru does full Biellmann and Jason doesn't. While Jason has some other positions in the hip area that look more natural than Yuzuru.

And here is Yuzu doing split jump for Ghana CM

Can someone hear everything he says after it?

I hear only the first part, that he rarely uses it even for EX and then something about butterfly jump :shame:

7 minutes ago, meoima said:

What Jason does is Russian split jump. And of course he does practice it and put it in competition. Someone said Jason is more flexible in the hips. 

What Yuzuru did in ice show several times is just normal split jump, and Yuzuru is more flexible in the back (Oda said that once time about his back).

That's why Yuzuru does full Biellmann and Jason doesn't. While Jason has some other positions in the hip area that look more natural than Yuzuru.

I like Yuzuru's camel and doughnut better but for upright spin I think jason is generally better than Yuzu. I would give the sit spin to Yuzuru too.

But I think  when it comes to Spiral, I think overall Jason might do a better spiral than Yuzu (since i barely see Yuzu does any spiral so these are all gathered from all the spiral I have seen of him. While I sae Jason did quite a lot) :4chsmu1:

9 minutes ago, Dara said:

And here is Yuzu doing split jump for Ghana CM

Can someone hear everything he says after it?

I hear only the first part, that he rarely uses it even for EX and then something about butterfly jump :shame:

I love this Ghana CM making of . I have no idea what he is saying but I love how expressive and talkative he is with the production team. He doesn't just stand there being told what to do and how to smile and where to go. 

Just now, mcq said:

I like Yuzuru's camel and doughnut better but for upright spin I think jason is generally better than Yuzu. I would give the sit spin to Yuzuru too.

But I think  when it comes to Spiral, I think overall Jason might do a better spiral than Yuzu (since i barely see Yuzu does any spiral so these are all gathered from all the spiral I have seen of him. While I sae Jason did quite a lot) :4chsmu1:

I think Yuzuru's flexibility is more on his back while Jason's flexibility is more on his hip. I remember they have said somewhere about that on FSuniverse. 

Jason's hip area is very flexible that's why I think his upright spin position are so good. And spiral position too.

but Jason doesn't do upright Biellmann like Yuzuru so I think Yuzuru is more flexibie in the back.

Just now, meoima said:

I think Yuzuru's flexibility is more on his back while Jason's flexibility is more on his hip. I remember they have said somewhere about that on FSuniverse. 

Jason's hip area is very flexible that's why I think his upright spin position are so good. And spiral position too.

but Jason doesn't do upright Biellmann like Yuzuru so I think Yuzuru is more flexibie in the back.

Jason's catchfoot (and variation) is lovely, while for Yuzuru, I think his camel and sit is really lovely, not just the position but also the speed (when he is on lol). When it comes to pancake spin, I think Yuzuru is one of the best if not the best :BeatingHeart:, his are personally my favorite. 

8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I love this Ghana CM making of . I have no idea what he is saying but I love how expressive and talkative he is with the production team. He doesn't just stand there being told what to do and how to smile and where to go. 

I think it's because he's comfortable with them, I think it was 3rd time they worked together. And that man in red near Yuzu is another skater from Miyagi Tanaka Soshi, Yuzuru's sempai from high school. There was story that Yuzu's first landed 4S was landed in front of that man back in 2011.

3 minutes ago, mcq said:

Jason's catchfoot (and variation) is lovely, while for Yuzuru, I think his camel and sit is really lovely, not just the position but also the speed (when he is on lol). When it comes to pancake spin, I think Yuzuru is one of the best if not the best :BeatingHeart:, his are personally my favorite. 

Yes, I think Jason has superior upright spins, his camel is consistent too. While his back doesn't seem to be as elastic as Yuzuru, his hips is really flexible thus the catchfoot creating a very beautiful arc.

I think Yuzuru is really good at donut, intermediate position and sit spins. I guess these positions are more comfortable to Yuzuru. I have noticed his Biellmann this season has become quite well centered though. That's great improvement even when I think he should drop it for the sake of his back. I guess as long as Yuzuru's back is ok, he will keep doing Biellmann. 

As for Yuzuru, I think his sit spins are strongest, then camel, and upright are a bit weaker.  His spin might be slower in competition but its rarely travel and he has no problem in hitting position. His speed and hand choreos during sit spins are gogeous  :smiley-love017: His leg extension in camel spin is lovely too :smiley-love017:.

Sometime I wish Yuzu should drop Biellmann but when he took it out (4CC, WTT), I felt like something's missing lol      

1 minute ago, Katt said:

As for Yuzuru, I think his sit spins are strongest, then camel, and upright are a bit weaker.  His spin might be slower in competition but its rarely travel and he has no problem in hitting position. His speed and hand choreos during sit spins are gogeous  :smiley-love017: His leg extension in camel spin is lovely too :smiley-love017:.

Sometime I wish Yuzu should drop Biellmann but when he took it out (4CC, WTT), I felt like something's missing lol      

Plus, even though he does slow down on his Biellman compared to the rest of the spin, his new way of dropping his leg is so less jarring now that it makes it look a lot better.