General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, katonice said:

Did you ever see a product promotion targeted mainly at homemakers,

but is also getting teenagers and the domestically challenged thinking about buying fabric conditioner, of all things...

[Mama Hanyu laughing in the distance. She will never have to worry about running out of fabric softener, with her son's face on it apart from everything else]

15 hours ago, Marinn said:

What letters are mentioned here?

OT and trigger warning

Spoiler

Jonghyun gave his close friend a suicide note which he asked for her to share and was shared with his family's permission by the friend on Instagram shortly after his passing. It's a very bleak letter clearly written in a lot of pain, it makes me sad to even think about it.

I have to admit I'm grateful that Yuzu is firm about the fact he's an athlete and not an idol and that he's been relatively well protected against the glare of media attention, despite the fact his popularity and fame is approaching or even at idol levels. In that sense, I think he is very wise to try and keep his life as 'normal' as possible outside of skating. And at least athletes are chasing after something concrete, measurable, attainable, not the fickle affections of an often unforgiving public. I know scoring isn't always fair, but at least there is a relatively objective goal for athletes to work towards that is not tied to how much they 'appeal' personally to the public or public tastes in the same way as idols, and at least it is not required for them to maintain an image of being permanently 'accessible' to their fans. All I hope for is Yuzu's health, physical and mental.