General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

But of course. If Yuzu gets a disappointing result, it's just one person feeling disappointed (one person who knows how to turn that feeling around). 

If tens of thousands of fans from all different cultural backgrounds feel disappointed together, it's a huge black cloud of disappointment that covers all Earth. Of course the impact is bigger and it should worry more.

The only solution? We can only control our own feelings, not someone else's, so we can try ourselves to contain and transform the feelings we have, because yes, these feelings turn into pressure and yes, Yuzuru feels it.

Whatever happens, I hope fans know that its not the end of the world. Just like how Yuzuru was able to overcome the Boston nightmare, we should accept things with class. 

I read the article above, and those are purely speculations. No direct quotes from Yuzuru and his team or JFS. We'll know soon in 24th. I dont think he do 4CC, because the timing is awkward, but I can't see him skips team event. He will do the SP as he has the highest SB, and I think its fine. There will be alot of article like that until Nationals ( and after Nats until Feb), we should stay calm and only trust info from Yuzuru and his team :grouphug:

38 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

i read this earlier and i am shielding myself on my atrocious japanese, but it seemed a bit like speculation to me. The part about him nto competing in 4cc because of the awkwardness is from a previous statement from Brian, IIRC. They only quoted Yuzu once on the article and it was about the WD news. The part about not taking part on the team event, i have no idea where they took that from, because for example, while it says that Brian said that 4cc is a no go, they don't say when or where he said that, and i think it wasn't a quote either. The only quote i recall reading was Yuzu's. So i take this article with a grain of salt :slinkaway:

Disclaimer: I might be dead wrong and it's actually an statement, but i couldn't find anything that indicated that. (My extension to help me with unfamiliar kanji died after updating my browser so i might have missed something tho)

If he does not take part in the team event it's not that bad. First who cares about it anyway.  Who remembers team champions from Sochi besides medalists themselves. FS is first and foremost individual /pair kind of sport. And second the timing of the team event is so awkward. Why before individual event? I can't wrap my head around this. Why  exhaust skaters before one of the most meaningful  competitions of their life? 

And it's not that Japan has any chances to medal in a team event anyway.. Unless team Canada/USA/Russia will experience some kind of mass- falling- around desease. Which is unlikely

7 minutes ago, Gaby said:

If he does not take part in the team event it's not that bad. First who cares about it anyway.  Who remembers team champions from Sochi besides medalists themselves. FS is first and foremost individual /pair kind of sport. And second the timing of the team event is so awkward. Why before individual event? I can't wrap my head around this. Why  exhaust skaters before one of the most meaningful  competitions of their life? 

And it's not that Japan has any chances to medal in a team event anyway.. Unless team Canada/USA/Russia will experience some kind of mass- falling- around desease. Which is unlikely

I think the team event is more for Yuzu to get a "feel" of the arena and competition before the actual individual competition

Just now, Gaby said:

Well if only for that purpose..

I mean he'd have missed 4 months of competition so I think the team event could help him get into competition mode, especially since he's probably not going to do 4cc. I'd rather he do the team event and bomb than going straight into the individual competition and bomb there

3 minutes ago, kelly said:

I mean he'd have missed 4 months of competition so I think the team event could help him get into competition mode, especially since he's probably not going to do 4cc. I'd rather he do the team event and bomb than going straight into the individual competition and bomb there

I was thinking the same. Going straight from no comps to the most important competition of his life seems a little extreme.