Magazines and Photobooks - Recommendations and Reviews

On 2/26/2022 at 11:03 PM, lajoitko said:

The same answer as to previous question. I would say that season 2015-2016 was "a practice run" and the book series found their own style in later seasons. The first photobook includes photos from FaOI and DOI 2015 plus some off ice photos from TCC.

Season 2016-2017 photobook is just lovely (or I personally have so good memories from that season, I can not be sure), lots of backstage photos and some photos from FaOI 2017 and Sendai monument revealing.

Season 2017-2018 photobook is a must have. It includes Olympics and fantastic photos from Continue with Wings. If I had to choose just one, this would be it.

Season 2018-2019 photobook includes photos from FaOI 2018 and Heroes&Future (I am not sure about the name?) show. Yuzu was glowing in that summer, so the photos are just amazing. There are also photos from the second monument revealing in spring 2019.

Season 2019-2020 photobook includes photos from FaOI 2019, so if you want some photos from Masquerade or Chrystal memories, go for it.

Season 2020-2021 was very short for the obvious reasons and there were just three competitions, but the photos are once again amazing and the book is worth of its prize.

Hi! So from your recommendation for Ice Jewels, I just bought the 2017-2018 Season Photobook :) 

I currently have Yuzu'll Be Back II and the Yaguchi Photobook for season 2019-2020. Do you think I should get the ice jewels photobook from this season too? Will there be repeated pictures? Or should I get a different season photobook aside from season 2019-2020 (e.g. 2016-2017 or 2018-2019 or 2020-2021)? Thank you! 

6 hours ago, NachoTofu said:

Hi! So from your recommendation for Ice Jewels, I just bought the 2017-2018 Season Photobook :) 

I currently have Yuzu'll Be Back II and the Yaguchi Photobook for season 2019-2020. Do you think I should get the ice jewels photobook from this season too? Will there be repeated pictures? Or should I get a different season photobook aside from season 2019-2020 (e.g. 2016-2017 or 2018-2019 or 2020-2021)? Thank you! 

There are no repeated photos because all three photobooks are from different photographers, but all are covering the same competitions and programs. Do you feel you have had enough photos for that season? Then maybe try some other season.

Lately I have been making more space for my Yuzu books and realized how I have been concentrating on certain seasons and/or competitions without even noticing it. When I purchase Yuzu merchandise, I do it because it means something to me. Either I love the programs or costumes of that season or there is a special competition from which I want to have professional photos as a way of cherishing the memory. Maybe you could think what are those kind of programs/costumes/competitions for yourself. Once you make some sort of ranking, you can decide, what to buy. One thing I can say for sure is that whatever you decide to purchase, you won't be disappointed. You only find beautiful photos in every book.

• 3 weeks later...

this channel uploaded some new reviews

Yuzuru Hanyu Be the Light Photobook

this one is a must :loveeyes:

KISS & CRY Vol. 42

FIGURE SKATERS フィギュア・スケーターズ Vol. 25

FIGURE SKATERS フィギュア・スケーターズ Vol. 24

On 5/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, Saawa said:

KISS & CRY Vol. 42

Many thanks @Saawa:thanks:

All these photos of Yuzu are really beautiful. :smiley-love017: Since I  unfortunately don't own any photobooks or magazine yet, I'm really grateful for the preview.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, Saawa said:

KISS & CRY Vol. 42

thank you for sharing my videos here, I haven’t been active on this site, more like a silent enjoyer at the back^^

please look forward to more reviews of yuzu books/magazines! and to return all the kind support and share the yuzu love I want to do a giveaway in the next days 💕  

and if you wish to see a certain magazine/book, please just leave a comment (here or twitter), Iwould be more than happy to film it for everyone

本当にありがとうございます!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...