Team we're fewer but still good!

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Best of luck to Joshi in whatever endeavours she decides to pursue after retiring. <3 I'm hoping she'll stick around in the skating world. 

Joshi said in the Swedish article that she has not yet decided about the future but she would like to stay in FS. Just now she will go back home to Tibro and work there in the local club where her sister Viktoria has worked as a coach since she retired. Viktoria will soon have twins.

(From the article: "Vad som väntar härnäst är inte riktigt bestämt berättar hon, men att hon väldigt gärna vill vara kvar i sporten. Planen för henne just nu är att hjälpa till i klubben hemma i Tibro, då systern Viktoria som valt att fortsätta som tränare i Tibro KK sedan sin avslutade karriär, väntar tvillingar inom kort.")

Guest turquoiseblue

Figure Skaters named on the 2018 Australian Winter Olympic Team

Kerry, who will compete in the men’s individual event, said being selected in his second Olympic Team was more exciting and a bigger relief that his debut four years ago.

“The first Games is all about the experience,” 23-year-old Kerry said.

“The second time it’s all business - I’m going there with very specific set goals.

“I think I’m going to deliver my two best performances yet. Mentally and physically I will be more prepared than I have ever been before.”

20-year-old Windsor, who reigns from Sydney’s Rooty Hill will join partner Katia Alexandrovskaya in the pairs event and enter the history books as the first Australian Winter Olympian of Indigenous heritage.

“Making my first Olympic team is huge,” Windsor said, who has always dreamed of an Olympic debut.

“Now it’s a reality the emotional roller coaster of it all is very overwhelming.

“I feel as though I’m helping in taking a big step for indigenous athletes to move more into winter sports rather than the normal summer sports and hopefully inspire more to follow in my footsteps.”

“I've worked so hard to achieve this goal and for it to finally be a reality is so amazing and crazy,” Craine said.

Now that her selection is sealed, Craine said she will focus on increasing the complexity of her routines.

“Now that I've qualified I feel like I can really focus on doing more technically difficult elements in my routines to really be competitive at the Games.

“I feel like this is such a special experience that not many people get to have. I'm so grateful and honoured to be announced on the Olympic Team and I am working so hard to make my country proud.”

Windsor selected to be Australia's first Indigenous Winter Olympian

“It hasn’t completely sunk in yet but it feels like an amazing and mind-blowing accomplishment to have been named as Australia’s first Indigenous Winter Olympian,” the 21-year-old said, who won the Pairs Junior World Championship with partner Alexandrovskaya earlier this year.

“I grew up in the Aboriginal community and have always been around Aboriginal culture so it’s been a huge part of my life and something that I’m very proud of.”

Windsor is hoping his selection will inspire other Indigenous Australians just as he was inspired by fellow Indigenous trailblazers throughout his youth.

“I was a massive supporter of Cathy Freeman and how hard she worked to achieve what she achieved.

“She was such a great athlete and such a great inspiration for me when I was young.

“I hope I can give other young Indigenous athletes some inspiration that they are able to get to the highest level in Winter Olympic sports just like we’ve done in Summer sports.

“I hope I can continue to push forward and give them someone to look up to.”

“My parents know their son is now going to be an Olympian and compete for Australia at the Winter Olympic Games so they are really proud which is great.”