Team China

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

I dont think it's ugly or something ... but in the clip that was posted earlier it looks like a practice outfit and in that pic looks like he is wearing a jedi pijamas or something ... but this is just my opinion ... :laughing:

I just wish it was darker and not so onesie-ish. Needs to be more bathrobe and less pyjama-y.

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I just wish it was darker and not so onesie-ish. Needs to be more bathrobe and less pyjama-y.

I think it's now pajama-y but at the Olympics he'll grow into it^^ just like how his La Strada vest was all dangly and ill-fitted at the beginning of the season and then at the end it fitted really well because he had a growth spurt

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Boyang's FS

Me -- > :slinkaway:

the FS or the jumps? 

3 minutes ago, Eclair said:

the FS or the jumps? 

The FS unfortunately. I am not that bothered about the jumps; he had trouble at the start of last season and then it all worked out just fine in the end so while this is an unusual number of falls, it doesn't worry me at the moment. 
The program though, I really do not like that sudden switch in the middle. It's totally random and doesn't fit at all, there is no cohesion in this program. Not to mention that I think that as a skater, he's surpassed this and I don't think this is in any way allowing him to display that. It feels empty and shallow and uhhh. Boyang is a skater who doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anyway when it comes to his components and this, this won't help one bit.

I admit to being very disappointed and yes, this does worry me because I think it's a very bad vehicle for the Olympics. I think Lori did a terrible job here.

25 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

The FS unfortunately. I am not that bothered about the jumps; he had trouble at the start of last season and then it all worked out just fine in the end so while this is an unusual number of falls, it doesn't worry me at the moment. 
The program though, I really do not like that sudden switch in the middle. It's totally random and doesn't fit at all, there is no cohesion in this program. Not to mention that I think that as a skater, he's surpassed this and I don't think this is in any way allowing him to display that. It feels empty and shallow and uhhh. Boyang is a skater who doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anyway when it comes to his components and this, this won't help one bit.

I admit to being very disappointed and yes, this does worry me because I think it's a very bad vehicle for the Olympics. I think Lori did a terrible job here.

hmm I think I'll wait for a nearer camera angle to be sure but I actually liked his FS a lot more than his SP (including music cuts in the long). It has a clear theme and several different tempi (I don't like programs who have only 1 tempo the whole time), but that's preference I guess. I think this will give him a similar vehicle as his Spiderman program as it tugs at a well-known theme and allows him put a smile on viewer's face. I can see this becoming a crowd favorite (definitely for casual viewers)  while it's his SP I'm not so sure about ...

off topic but I always have to think about this when I hear a star war's mix: 

A bold move, Boyang, trying to take on the Cursed Music of Figure Skating - may Gustav Holst spare you with just these falls and not further injury :crazyshit:

I actually like the concept of him using Star Wars music - Boyang's a perfect Luke Skywalker figure (hopeful, a little quirky, striving for greatness etc.) but... whyyyy the Cantina music - it's totally a weird, self-contained moment between the ~sweeping gravity~ of the other pieces. We could've had A New Hope with the Iconic(TM) French horn if you had to go with cliche Star Wars music T___T 

(actually, seeing all the music this year that's trying - largely unsuccessfully - to combine a bunch of different pieces together makes me grateful for the 33 cuts of Seimei and the fact at least they chose cuts from one soundtrack =__=)

45 minutes ago, kaerb said:

A bold move, Boyang, trying to take on the Cursed Music of Figure Skating - may Gustav Holst spare you with just these falls and not further injury :crazyshit:

I actually like the concept of him using Star Wars music - Boyang's a perfect Luke Skywalker figure (hopeful, a little quirky, striving for greatness etc.) but... whyyyy the Cantina music - it's totally a weird, self-contained moment between the ~sweeping gravity~ of the other pieces. We could've had A New Hope with the Iconic(TM) French horn if you had to go with cliche Star Wars music T___T 

(actually, seeing all the music this year that's trying - largely unsuccessfully - to combine a bunch of different pieces together makes me grateful for the 33 cuts of Seimei and the fact at least they chose cuts from one soundtrack =__=)

Yeah, why do people insist on joining unrelated music cuts so weirdly, sometimes without even differentiating them in the choreography itself, and without musical connections that make sense? Some programs I saw this weekend sometimes changed music almost mid element. 

28 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Yeah, why do people insist on joining unrelated music cuts so weirdly, sometimes without even differentiating them in the choreography itself, and without musical connections that make sense? Some programs I saw this weekend sometimes changed music almost mid element. 

So true. I'm disappointed at how many seemed to just shove parts that sounded good together without sensitivity to the notion that each part should kind of do something to build the overall feeling of the program (and not be its own self-contained 30sec). Most notably lacking in a lot of the new programs so far is some sort of structure, progression and build up into a 'climactic' moment (the 'Olympic moment' c'mon guys). That being said...there's still time for refinement so here's hoping the test judges are as merciless in their critique as we are lol

11 hours ago, xeyra said:

OMG I'd never seen this. I LOVE IT! (must subscribe)

off topic but Jon Cozart is a genius :laughing: I highly recommend:

- After ever after (Disney Parody): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diU70KshcjA

best disney parody ever!

- Duet with myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLbWoaoDh-4 - you have a mustache like my dad's!😂

- Boy Brands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opLmoMmCPk 

- Lady Gaga Movie Villain Madly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExAt1pQ9IwE

and another hilarious Star Wars medley from another group: 

OK I'll stop now .. this turnsd out to be more videos than I thought ...